Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 08:17 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,169,985 times

Advertisements

The RFP has been released for the parcels that previously housed the Cabrini Green housing projects. Thought it'd be interesting to discuss the redevelopment and affordable housing in Chicago in general.

City of Chicago :: Cabrini-Green Parcels - Request for Proposals (RFP)

What Will the Cabrini-Green of the Future Look Like? - Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes - Curbed Chicago
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2016, 08:42 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,254,758 times
This is going to be a feeding frenzy, I'd guess. I'd have never guessed it years ago, but these parcels are probably some of the most sought after in the city at this point.

Old 01-10-2016, 10:19 PM

15,323 posts, read 23,913,587 times
Le Cordon Bleu is shutting down a lot of their schools in the US. The luxury high rise NEXT is currently being constructed on part of its parking lot (and another luxury high rise is U/C right now one street up). How much do you want to bet that the building LCB is purchased soon and either razed for a new high rise or converted into nice apartments/condos?

Old 01-11-2016, 09:42 AM

I think it's best the LCB facility come down. Hopefully the CTA pulls the trigger on reconstructing the Division station on the Brown Line. I understand that Clark/Division isn't far east, but this is turning into a high density neighborhood. Also VERY excited to see if the plans to transform Goose Island come to fruition. This may be the boost we need to attract some larger tech companies to the region.

If we can create a space that fosters innovation within the City, those U of I / Big Ten tech kids won't be forced to Silicon Valley for much longer...

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...%286-15%29.pdf

Old 01-11-2016, 10:02 AM

796 posts, read 930,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
This is going to be a feeding frenzy, I'd guess. I'd have never guessed it years ago, but these parcels are probably some of the most sought after in the city at this point.
to me it seemed obvious that once they tore down those projects that that land would become very valuable. think about it. it's between old town and lincoln park. plenty of public transportation. very close to downtown and the kennedy and you have EVERY ammenity in that area. and look at the area on clybourn between larabee and halsted. they are buildling new stores at a feverish rate. I think they just built a little mall there. and there's more land on clybourn continue building on.

Old 01-11-2016, 10:05 AM

769 posts, read 829,773 times
The neighborhoods destroyed by relocating all these people though... the untold collateral damage everyone is ignoring

Old 03-11-2016, 10:01 AM

I know it's not exactly "Cabrini Green" but what are the thoughts on the Atrium Village redevelopment at Wells and Division? 1,500+ new units coming online over the next several years. Enough to justify the reconstruction of the Brown/Purple Line stop at Division? What do we think this will do to the Near North? Are we going to see a continuation of River North high rises as far north as Division/North Avenue in Old Town?

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-breaks-ground

Old 03-11-2016, 10:21 AM

2,418 posts, read 6,254,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
I know it's not exactly "Cabrini Green" but what are the thoughts on the Atrium Village redevelopment at Wells and Division? 1,500+ new units coming online over the next several years. Enough to justify the reconstruction of the Brown/Purple Line stop at Division? What do we think this will do to the Near North? Are we going to see a continuation of River North high rises as far north as Division/North Avenue in Old Town?

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-breaks-ground
I have no doubt this project will do well; I also wouldn't be surprised to see more development heading up to North Avenue. Even though rent is mind-boggling, these buildings continue to attract tenants. A few of my coworkers live in some of these newer buildings and love it.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:43 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,222,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannheimMadman View Post
At this point? The property was worth something like $57 million back in the late 90's/early 00's when they decided to redevelop Cabrini.

Old 03-11-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
At this point? The property was worth something like $57 million back in the late 90's/early 00's when they decided to redevelop Cabrini.
Hopefully the value of the land commands a quality architect. Would hate to see the sites boxed out due to affordability requirements, but that's probably what we'll end up seeing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago