Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
2,500,000 members. Thank you!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2008, 03:35 PM

15 posts, read 36,905 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I use to be an avid reader/poster for the Chicago forum b/c I was really thinking about calling Chicago my new home...for a while. But plans changed and I got a great job in NYC..so this is where I will be until further notice.
But I want to thank everyone who offered great advice about different neighborhhods/rent/food/lodging...etc. They were all appreciated...especially Drover...I see you are still a frequent vistor to the Chicago forum

But anyway, I am visting this weekend ( I know it is cold there but I have a long weekend and want to take advantage of it) and I want to know where the good hotels that are near public transportation are. I have done some research on various hotel websites, but I still would like some input/insight from you guys. And out of curiosity is the nightlife still happenin' even in the cold/awful weather?
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 08:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,549,116 times
Welcome back.

Any hotel near the Loop will be near abundant transportation options. And if you have the cash to spare, there's always cabs prowling around.

Nightlife still happens in the dead of winter; it's just that all of it is indoors instead of spilling into the outdoors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago