Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 02:45 PM

1,795 posts, read 3,594,545 times

Advertisements

I did some research on Chicago as I may move there for a job and I've seen several articles that it's not a good city for singles. Is that true? I'm a single 38 year old guy and don't want to move to a city that doesn't have a good amount of singles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 03:07 PM

796 posts, read 917,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
I did some research on Chicago as I may move there for a job and I've seen several articles that it's not a good city for singles. Is that true? I'm a single 38 year old guy and don't want to move to a city that doesn't have a good amount of singles.
what??? given the large population alone in the city, makes it good for a single guy. I had no problem when I was single. of course I was from here, but still.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:13 PM

498 posts, read 718,254 times
Quote:
I did some research on Chicago as I may move there for a job and I've seen several articles that it's not a good city for singles.
Uh, what are the reasons given?

Old 05-17-2016, 03:16 PM

2,250 posts, read 2,801,094 times
Quote:
Not true at all, but it also depends what you are looking for. For example if you are looking for African-American professionals to date or Latino(a)s to date, you might have a tougher time here and probably better off in a place like Atlanta or Miami for those groups. Not saying they don't exist here as they are certainly here, but not as common as you find White or Asian professionals in Chicago. I know for me trying to date professional Latinas/Latinos has proved more difficult than dating white professionals. It's a numbers game really.

But overall, no, there are a ridiculous amount of fish here and I think Chicago is one of the best places to meet someone! For example in NYC, dating is atrocious. Way too competitive. Here it's toned down a bit and people just like to have fun and are more down to earth.

Old 05-17-2016, 03:30 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,148,078 times
If you do move here, you'll be in an urban area of nearly 10,000,000. Last I checked, there are actually more single women in Chicago than men. This may be due to high incarceration rates for young, black and latino men, but overall there are plenty of opportunities to meet people. You just have to be willing to branch out.

Old 05-17-2016, 06:19 PM

4,620 posts, read 8,111,615 times
Sometimes I get singles back in change. Sometimes fives. Once I got a two-dollar bill back. If I run out of singles, I haven't had a problem with my bank giving me withdrawals in singles, although I do have to go to the teller window for that - the ATMs don't do it.

Old 05-18-2016, 07:54 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,081,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefall18 View Post
Quote:
Uh, what are the reasons given?
No response to this, RLCMA?

I'm a White guy who's a little Hispanic lookin and I have the toughest times approaching White women.

Hispanic and Black girls... easy to talk to. The easiest Hispanic girls to talk to are the ones who wear circle-earrings. The ones who are into gang bangers or have felons as boyfriends.

So you guys know when it comes to handing out pamphlets in public, whether on the street or on the public bus or train, White women generally freak out and are really cold about that. Completely opposite with Hispanic women.

Basically, White women are more afraid of outsiders. I could never see myself with a White woman, because they're too afraid, unless I was introduced to her by her friends. All the articles about women being attractive to masculine men seem to not be true for White women since they seem to be into nerdy, geeky guys.

I note that half of the Craigslist's "w4m missed connections" are to guys that are redheads with beards, so that ain't me.

But I got a question, how is the approach scene at the beach? If White women go in groups of all women or by themselves, are they easily approachable?

I would say this forum is not the right place to ask. I don't believe we have any pick-up artists here. All the men in this forum are older, married men in their 40s and older.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:53 AM

36,889 posts, read 38,781,820 times
Tinder pretty much takes care of everything

Old 05-18-2016, 08:58 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,081,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogwood Porter View Post
It's fine but locals are ashamed of their bodies due to the primarily sausage based diet of the region. Chicagoans are the opposite of butter faces. Thus, people generally have to get really ripped before hooking up.
Huh, I don't follow this at all. And even though I understand your conclusion, I can't conclude how your logic reaches to that conclusion.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:35 PM

138 posts, read 111,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
No response to this, RLCMA?

I'm a White guy who's a little Hispanic lookin and I have the toughest times approaching White women.

Hispanic and Black girls... easy to talk to. The easiest Hispanic girls to talk to are the ones who wear circle-earrings. The ones who are into gang bangers or have felons as boyfriends.

So you guys know when it comes to handing out pamphlets in public, whether on the street or on the public bus or train, White women generally freak out and are really cold about that. Completely opposite with Hispanic women.

Basically, White women are more afraid of outsiders. I could never see myself with a White woman, because they're too afraid, unless I was introduced to her by her friends. All the articles about women being attractive to masculine men seem to not be true for White women since they seem to be into nerdy, geeky guys.

I note that half of the Craigslist's "w4m missed connections" are to guys that are redheads with beards, so that ain't me.

But I got a question, how is the approach scene at the beach? If White women go in groups of all women or by themselves, are they easily approachable?

I would say this forum is not the right place to ask. I don't believe we have any pick-up artists here. All the men in this forum are older, married men in their 40s and older.
Serious question, have you been diagnosed with autism or Asperger's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago