Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 03:10 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
That sounds great but certain communities hate the police, or authority in general, will not talk to the police, believe in "Don't Snitch" religiously etc. The only way to get information is to bust people for small crimes and give them a walk in exchange for useful information or pay them.
And we know who those certain communities are. But you have to start somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 03:30 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Writing skills challenged...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
^ And what about the "gun in mouth" incident when commander Glen Evans saw a Black man holding a blue steel handgun on 71st and 500 E., who ran. They could never find the gun. When they found him hiding, he stuck a gun in his mouth asking where did you hide the gun.

Well victim then sued for money claiming he never had a gun to begin with. He was in prison for other related. They took him out of prison just so he can testify against Evans for the gun in mouth. I'm glad that the felony charges against Evans was dropped by the judge.
The way your post is written makes absolutely no sense at all. It's pretty much on par with the way most internet headline stories are written - poorly and leaves the reader with more questions than it answers. How does a person hide a gun in their mouth and then ask a question? Was the gun the size of a stick of gum? Otherwise, would a person even need to talk to reveal the fact that a gun was in their mouth. The size of even small handguns would be visible inside a person's mouth as soon as they start talking so it just makes no sense. If he put the gun in his mouth, his prints would be on the gun. That wouldn't be hard for the police to get proof that the criminal had the gun. Your sentence about the man taken out of prison to testify against "Evans for the gun in the mouth" is even more confusing as it reads Evans was the one with the gun in his mouth.

Old 06-02-2016, 03:57 PM

617 posts, read 538,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
^^This, rep point to you for making clear what should be obvious.

BLM is dedicated to ending the abuse of black citizens by the police who are supposed to protect them. It focuses on black lives because those are the lives that historically have been most victimized by the systemic police abuse. It's purpose is not to eradicate crime in the ghetto, protect white people from getting speeding tickets, discredit good cops, or any pother of the stupid nonsense its detractors would like to attribute to it. That should be pretty simple to understand --at least to anyone who wants to understand.
BS. Those who don't attack police or carry guns around policemen don't get shot.
BLM name itself should be banned, it's racially charged. How about non-black lives, they don't matter??

Old 06-02-2016, 03:58 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
There is a terrible lack of logic in this thread.

Black Lives Matter is concerned with police misconduct. Given this incident has nothing to do with police misconduct, it sounds like this thread is a sad attempt at defending police misconduct by attacking the messenger.

BLM, while they have their faults, are in no way involved with random homicides. The fact that they don't get involved in such matters doesn't invalidate the issues with CPD.
To put this into perspective, there were 9 people killed and 16 wounded in police involved shootings in Chicago in 2015. By contrast, there were 507 homicides and 2,551 shot and wounded in Chicago in 2015. Of those 507 homicides, 401 were African-American.

http://heyjackass.com/category/2015-...-murder-stats/

For those bad at math, the number of homicides is about 56 times the number of police shootings. The number shot and wounded on the street is 159 times the number shot and wounded by the police. I suppose BLM will do what it wants to do but it would seem more productive to focus on what's causing the 507 homicides, versus the 9 police related deaths. Not saying police misconduct isn't a serious issue, but it seems there are much more pressing concerns. IMHO of course.

Old 06-02-2016, 06:11 PM

347 posts, read 521,527 times
Quote:
Right, because "the blacks" and "the liberals" are obviously big fans of homicide...

Are people making absurd posts in this thread racists or just dummies? The Lakeshore Dr. murder has NOTHING to do with "BLM" "the blacks" "the liberals" or any other invented boogeymen. Complete logical reasoning fail.

I mean, why isn't BLM protesting the budget crisis in Springfield? And why aren't they protesting Putin? And what about the starving people in Africa?

Don't they know that police misconduct doesn't exist if you don't also protest completely unrelated things?
Typical leftist response of you. Instead of actually engaging in actual argumentation, you just yell "WAYcist, WAYcist, WAYcist!" Why do most leftists refuse to engage in debate? Most of the time, they just resort to violence and insults.

What BLM and leftists stands for has EVERYTHING to do black violence, including the tragic death of the black girl on Lakeshore drive. BLM and the rest of the left regularly excuse and rationalize black crime and misbehavior, and seeks to stop any measures that will reduce black crime. From what they advocate for, you have to wonder if they are big fans of homicide. BLM the left tried to crucify the innocent Zimmerman and Wilson for defending themselves against Black thugs Trayvon Martin and Michael Brown (good riddance to both of them). BLM and libs are the enablers of black misbehavior.

Do you want to hear the facts about black violence and crime...or would that be hate facts? LOL!

By the way, I'm a CCW holder and if were there and armed, I would have done my best to protect that poor black girl who was murdered by the thugs you and other leftists romanticize...and I don't care if you would call me "WAYcist".

Old 06-02-2016, 08:33 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
BS. Those who don't attack police or carry guns around policemen don't get shot.
BLM name itself should be banned, it's racially charged. How about non-black lives, they don't matter??
https://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/t...Ebd#.opRWxGMjZ

Quote:
That was the day 22-year-old John Crawford III was fatally shot by police inside a Walmart in Beavercreek, Ohio, near Dayton.

Surveillance video shows John Crawford III walking around the store with a pellet gun that he picked up inside the store.
Quote:
Williams said in his official statement that he shot John Crawford III twice after he didn’t respond to multiple commands to drop his weapon and turned toward police in an “aggressive manner.”

The video, finally released to the public last week, doesn’t seem to support this. Williams appears to shoot John Crawford III right after commanding him to drop his weapon.
It is not illegal to pick up a pellet gun in an open carry state. The videos do not support any aiming the gun at others at all.

Seattle man arrested over golf club speaks out: Officer ‘knows she was out of control’ | Q13 FOX News

see video in the article

Leaked Documents Show Alabama Police Planted Drugs, Guns on Innocent Black Men in Decades-long Scheme - Innocence Project Innocence Project

Quote:
It is believed that there are nearly 1,000 wrongful felony convictions tied to planted drugs and weapons in Alabama’s 20 th Judicial District where Dothan is located.
'I'm Lucky To Be Living': Video Shows Cops Brutally Beating Unarmed Black Man In Michigan

Quote:

The violent arrest of an African-American motorist by two white police officers in Inkster, Michigan, was caught on video and shows police brutally beating a man who claims he did nothing wrong.

Inskter police officers said they pulled over 57-year-old Floyd Dent for violating a traffic violation in January. The dashcam video, which was obtained by WDIV and released Tuesday, shows Dent opening the door to his car only to be met by an officer who draws his gun and aims it directly at him. Officers dragged Dent out of the vehicle, forced him face down to the ground and put him in a chokehold.
These are the kinds of incidents that BLM is protesting. I have been stopped for a traffic stop and never had a policeman pull a gun on me or beat me up. Why should it be any different for a black mail stopped for a traffic stop or a black woman for that matter (Sandra Bland comes to mind).

Old 06-03-2016, 04:54 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
The way your post is written makes absolutely no sense at all. It's pretty much on par with the way most internet headline stories are written - poorly and leaves the reader with more questions than it answers. How does a person hide a gun in their mouth and then ask a question? Was the gun the size of a stick of gum? Otherwise, would a person even need to talk to reveal the fact that a gun was in their mouth. The size of even small handguns would be visible inside a person's mouth as soon as they start talking so it just makes no sense. If he put the gun in his mouth, his prints would be on the gun. That wouldn't be hard for the police to get proof that the criminal had the gun. Your sentence about the man taken out of prison to testify against "Evans for the gun in the mouth" is even more confusing as it reads Evans was the one with the gun in his mouth.
Right, dna from the victim was on the officer's gun, so there was proof that the gun was in his mouth.

But this is the officer's gun I'm talking about. The victim no longer had the gun on him when the officers found him.

Okay, I guess I didn't say, the commander didn't find him at 1st after he ran off. Other officers did, and no gun was found on him. So when commander came, he ran up to him stuck his gun in his mouth and made the "where the gun at?" argument.

Old 06-03-2016, 07:37 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
To put this into perspective, there were 9 people killed and 16 wounded in police involved shootings in Chicago in 2015. By contrast, there were 507 homicides and 2,551 shot and wounded in Chicago in 2015. Of those 507 homicides, 401 were African-American.
OK, but this has nothing to do with 1. Whether or not there is police misconduct and 2. Whether or not groups like BLM should be able to fight police misconduct.

Whether there's one case of police brutality or a million, I think most reasonable people would agree people have a right to voice their opinions on that brutality. Whether or not there are other, more serious issues, does not mean the problem doesn't exist, or that people shouldn't voice their opinions.

If there's a serial molester out there, we don't say "well there are millions of people dying in Africa, therefore it's just some first world women getting molested, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things". One has nothing to do with the other.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:48 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,951,013 times
Quote:
OK, but this has nothing to do with 1. Whether or not there is police misconduct and 2. Whether or not groups like BLM should be able to fight police misconduct.

Whether there's one case of police brutality or a million, I think most reasonable people would agree people have a right to voice their opinions on that brutality. Whether or not there are other, more serious issues, does not mean the problem doesn't exist, or that people shouldn't voice their opinions.

If there's a serial molester out there, we don't say "well there are millions of people dying in Africa, therefore it's just some first world women getting molested, so not a big deal in the grand scheme of things". One has nothing to do with the other.
Right, but there are so many issues within the black community, and almost no vocal organizations stepping up to stop the black on black crime. I believe the criticism of BLM comes from the fact they are very specific in what their intentions/mission is, but none of it addresses the underlying issues in the black community.

Old 06-03-2016, 10:58 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio Montana View Post
Typical leftist response of you. Instead of actually engaging in actual argumentation, you just yell "WAYcist, WAYcist, WAYcist!" Why do most leftists refuse to engage in debate? Most of the time, they just resort to violence and insults.
I'm not a Leftist. And I don't even like BLM. Instead of resorting to childlike insults, why don't you respond to what I wrote?

Again, the incident in question has NOTHING to do with BLM. The fact that you're blaming BLM for things that have nothing to do with BLM makes it pretty clear that you don't particularly care about people getting murdered, and don't particularly care about police misconduct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago