Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 11:01 AM

3 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

i live here for 25 years and it start it 5 adults and 2 kids and then landlord who his our uncle invited my family who were 3 person as we moved to this home apartments that they did not profinal fix there no illusion on the wall cold get 0 or 100 in heat as poor walls as it have paint crack all around the house and cockroaches and mice inside the walls and the power supply it broken as any one who uses extra it will turn it self off as we all fight for electricity in the summer heat we lose power as downstairs try to use all the power and don't wanna fix the problem they have the house and i think there mold in the basements even in the walls and they do not like to clean the house all ways the infection or gross area of the home they don't clean regularity as landlord it not pro final as this in area were the cook Chicago Pulaski 30 it not the greatest area but this high price of rent without fixing the house is stealing money and abuse as the house landlord it not officially the owner as my family paid 90 to 80 percent or more as we keep hing landlord family part saying owner our house but we paid allot everything and fix our own house apartments as it worst now there 11 people here in a small home for 4 people as i see this home is not safe for any they have 3 to 4 kids here living in dangerous place were they can get sick and who can i email or send complain my family paid 2500 dollars or more and we cannot get all the windows fixs as all cracked or fallen apart and to fix the floor and roof all the paint is crack and old who can i report this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 11:11 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,651 times
30th and Pulaski huh, that's Little Village.

You know what to do. Go find a Mexican abogado office.

Old 06-17-2016, 02:02 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,838,168 times
Mod cut: off-topic.

My advise is to move out...like now!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 06-17-2016 at 06:18 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 01:10 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
Rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is like $600-700 here. 1 bedrooms are $550.
You do have options
#IndyLife #AmericasMostAffordableCity
You can still find rents like that here in Cleveland, too... although if you want to pay more, you certainly can.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:55 PM

2,329 posts, read 6,634,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
You can still find rents like that here in Cleveland, too... although if you want to pay more, you certainly can.
this counterpoint is meaningless without factoring in overall COL, and average salaries.

chicagos rent is lower than NY too...so is average pay. it also dosent address if a given industry even exists outside of a given location or the countless reasons a person would choose to live a particular place. i hear the rent is cheap in Iowa too. wonder why everyone isnt flocking there from San Francisco and London considering its such an amazing deal? maybe we'll never know.

anyway, random Indy and Cleveland boosters aside who are providing precisely zero helpful advice to the OPs problem, he should probably contact the city and file a 311 complaint.

Last edited by via chicago; 06-20-2016 at 03:04 PM..

Old 06-21-2016, 03:37 AM

575 posts, read 616,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesusdiaz View Post
i live here for 25 years . . . and to fix the floor and roof all the paint is crack and old who can i report this
I'd probably call the numbers referenced in the text below that I copied from the City's website. I'd explain the situation to them and ask them what I should do.

This service request is used to request literature regarding the City's Residential Landlord and Tenant Ordinance. Landlords and tenants may also wish to call 312.742.RENT (7368), the Chicago Rents Right hotline. Tenants may also call 773.292.4988 to seek assistance from the Metropolitan Tenants Organization, which provides service on behalf of the DCD.

City of Chicago :: Tenant/Landlord Information

Old 06-21-2016, 02:19 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,317,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
In a safe neighborhood?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: