Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Chicago is more like...
Philly, NYC, and Boston 139 76.37%
Indianapolis, Columbus, and Kansas City 43 23.63%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 AM

118 posts, read 192,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
You had nothing better to do on a Friday night than be on City Data posting fiction. DC is inferior to Chicago in all categories. DC won't be on Chicago's level in your lifetime. Keep dreaming homeboy!!!!!
blah, blah, blah, who gives a rat's ass? If you like Chicago, so be it. Enjoy.

(sorry man, my east coast nastiness coming out, lol. Trying to soften my tone as i get older).

Last edited by jeremyw90; 10-24-2016 at 01:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2016, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieOlSkool View Post
DC posters always come in to Chicago discussions to shoot us down. But again, how many Chicago people actively think of DC, really ever? That's not a thing to us. Chicago people think of big cities and think New York and Los Angeles.
I could give a sh*t about Chicago, or city vs city. I'm about money and enjoying life. The only reason I came on here is because you said some straight inaccurate sh*t about the east coast and refused to retract.

But while we're on the subject, yea Chicago people are fixated on LA n NYC...especially NYC. Straight inferiority complex. You all think that NYC is the only city that brings heat. Honestly, outside of the midwest, nobody really gives a sh*t about Chi man. It's not like anybody on either coast is taking about Chicago. If they talk about other cities, typically it's cities on the opposite coast.

That said, I DO like Chicago a lot, and think it's a great city. Had madd fun in Chi back in the day! Not really trying to disparage it. Just breaking ya balls a little, lol.

Last edited by jeremyw90; 10-24-2016 at 02:18 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 01:12 AM

Quote:
DC not located in flyover country? I am sorry but outside of the DC metro (like Chicago) what the hell is super interesting about VA or MD? I always thought flyover country meant anything that isn't New York or LA to be honest. People go to VA and MD because of DC. Take that out and they are just as interesting as Illinois, Wisconsin, or Indiana. You telling me people to to that area to hit up Baltimore?
Flyover country is the middle between the 2 coasts: Midwest and South. The cultural vacuum of Merica. Chicago, Denver and maybe Minneapolis are the only towns I would consider living in from here to California.

I'll take Nova and Md over Shaumburg, or Ohare area anytime.

Oak Park and Evanston are aiight. North shore is nice though!

Last edited by jeremyw90; 10-24-2016 at 02:19 AM..

Old 10-24-2016, 06:59 AM

4,797 posts, read 5,983,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyw90 View Post
blah, blah, blah, who gives a rat's ass? If you like Chicago, so be it. Enjoy.

(sorry man, my east coast nastiness coming out, lol. Trying to soften my tone as i get older).
East Coast nastiness. That's cute. I bet you move your hands around when you "tawk" too to give yourself more legitimacy. You probably also say "fuggedaboutit" too.

Also, the Midwest and the South are flyover country? Well, kill thyself now because you're in the South whether you want to believe it or not.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
East Coast nastiness. That's cute. I bet you move your hands around when you "tawk" too to give yourself more legitimacy. You probably also say "fuggedaboutit" too.

Also, the Midwest and the South are flyover country? Well, kill thyself now because you're in the South whether you want to believe it or not.
Hey bro, was trying to be agreeable. If you want to live in confrontation, so be it. Enjoy!

Old 10-24-2016, 08:49 AM

4,760 posts, read 5,385,001 times
What do thread like this actually prove. I have been to many Global Cities where only NYC could measure up too. Who cares, I live in small city now and its working with making the right connections and good relationships. What try to compare with other cities when most of those people are fake, unhappy, and trying to impress people with doing everything on credit. It all about quality of life and not the number of buildings and working some job that makes someone else rich. ijs

Old 10-24-2016, 09:36 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,106,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
You had nothing better to do on a Friday night than be on City Data posting fiction. DC is inferior to Chicago in all categories. DC won't be on Chicago's level in your lifetime. Keep dreaming homeboy!!!!!
Hilarious!

Old 10-24-2016, 09:37 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,106,988 times
Quote:

South, Northeast or Mid Atlantic. It doesn't really matter.

Old 10-24-2016, 11:47 AM

4,797 posts, read 5,983,686 times
Dude comes in to the thread saying "I don't give a sh*t about Chicago" but who was the one who wandered into the thread completely unsolicited? You don't dedicate pages of replies to something you "don't give a sh*t about". You absolutely do bruh, otherwise you wouldn't be here.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:00 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,769,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Hilarious!
For the record, I was being sarcastic. I obviously don't think Chicago is better than DC in all categories. They're both awesome cities. I was just messing with him because he was so pressed that he was posting on CD on a Friday night in a thread that originally didn't even mention DC. How does DC keep getting brought up in these threads in Chicago that don't even mention it???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago