Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 07:52 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
What you are failing to grasp is what is considered reasonable vs. unreasonable.

Bottom line is there is no sign at a McDonalds/Starbucks saying they will take your laptop if left behind, because that would be considered an unreasonable action.

Parking a car in a PRIVATE parking lot, then disappearing off the property, with clearly marked signs stating you will be ticketed/towed/booted is very reasonable (especially in the core of Chicago).
Damn, now that you made this post, DubbleT might ignore my last post and respond to this post and talk in 3rd person about me. Happens all the time..

But anyways.

The answer would be no if your possessions are worth the same as the ticket. So a laptop could arguably be worth a lot more than $140 so that makes your analogy correct.

So I don't see how it would be off for them to confiscate values less than $140 (or whatever the matching price of the ticket) when signs are posted.

Like the ticket, it will teach people to not plug in their items beforehand and to be more aware of their surroundings (signs).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 09:51 AM

725 posts, read 3,014,631 times
I'm not sure why people are still debating about this. OP clearly admitted what he did was WRONG, but he's complaining here and wants the internet to back him up. Claiming the lot was half empty has no bearing on OP's action. If the lot was full and OP still parked there, he still walked across the street to another business, so what you did was STILL wrong. Signs are posted as a deterrent from people doing stupid and wrong things. I hope you enjoyed your $140 lunch.

Old 11-07-2016, 10:32 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nginmyheart View Post
I hope you enjoyed your $140 lunch.
Well this explains everything.

I tell ya, we got a lot of lot of cruel people in the world, waiting for that situation, waiting for that opportunity to demonstrate, and also to give you the disadvantage of the doubt over neutrality or the advantage of the doubt, when there is 1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: