Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-26-2008, 12:34 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Just in case anyone wonders/cares.... Lapointe to Ottawa for 6th round pick, and Ruutu to Carolina for Andrew Ladd. 2 good moves by the Hawks! As much as I like Lapointe's leadership and heart, we can acquire some younger/cheaper talent. I believe we were paying Lapointe 2.5 million this year. The Ruutu for Ladd trade is good, and I hope Ladd is as good on the forecheck as Ruutu, and Im positive he'll be a higher point producer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 02:48 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,964 times
The LaPointe trade isn't a big surprise, but I didn't expect the Ruutu/Ladd trade. Even though Ruutu didn't really reach his expectations, I liked watching him play. He was like a poor man's Jeremy Roenick, only he couldn't score and was dumb. Despite that, I liked him.

However, it looks like the Hawks might be gettign the stronger player overall in Ladd. Hopefully the Hawks stay out of the injury trouble they found themselves in this year, because next year looks like it will be fun.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:28 PM

450 posts, read 1,905,019 times
Ruttu was said to be the next Peter Forsberg when he was drafted. I commented at the time I hoped they didn't mean injury-wise... turns out they did.

He never lived up to potential because of injuries, and that looks like it will follow him throughout his career.

Ladd is a former #4 overall pick with a huge upside, although people are starting to wonder how soon that will come through.

I like that deal from both teams' point of view, but especially for Chicago. The team is no longer based around the future of Ruttu, but instead, the future of Toews and Kane.

Lapointe is a good character guy, but since he signed with Boston seven years ago, he's seemed overpaid compared to other heart and soul, grinder-types. Moving him out will help in the salary cap department.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:41 AM

Speaking of Forsberg, Im sure you all heard he's back with the Avs again. And what is with the Habs getting rid of Huet?!?!?!

Back to Ruutu, he played well with the Canes last night, even getting hi-sticked and gushing blood all over the place. And Samsonov continues to be brilliant in Carolina, go figure. Anyways, we'll see how Ladd works out, he should be laced up tonight Im assuming against the Phoedix Coyotes.

Old 02-27-2008, 04:56 PM

Good to see Forsberg back with the Avs -- the Colorado reunion tour, with Sakic, Forsberg, Foote, etc. reunited.

I do think Samsonov is right -- he's a player who needs to be a top-six forward, or he isn't effective. He's not a checker, so the checking line is out. He's not a grinder, so he's not a good fourth liner. Still, I would never have dreamed he'd do this well in Carolina.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
Good to see Forsberg back with the Avs -- the Colorado reunion tour, with Sakic, Forsberg, Foote, etc. reunited
Arent there two Footes on Colorado now? I know that Jeff Finger plays for the Avs already. Too bad theyre not all on the same line, that'd be funny. I wonder what theyd call that line, the "anatomy line"?

Old 02-27-2008, 05:38 PM

There's only one Foote, but there is a Finger. They're both defensemen, so they could be the anatomy unit.

Kind of like the Happy Hour defensive pairing in Edmonton when Beers and Martini played together!!

Old 02-28-2008, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFan View Post
There's only one Foote, but there is a Finger. They're both defensemen, so they could be the anatomy unit.

Kind of like the Happy Hour defensive pairing in Edmonton when Beers and Martini played together!!
LMBO

Forgot about that line. hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: