Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,602,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
You mean W. Montrose, I imagine... Since there is no W. Damen.
Yeah I copy and pasted wrong. I was in a hurry. haha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM

332 posts, read 524,783 times
Speaking of the Chicago metal scene, I'm tired of having to go all the way out to some far flung suburb to see shows. I had to go all the way to the Pearl Room (all the way out in Mokena!!!) to see Gamma Ray and Helloween, as well as Iced Earth. Couldn't hit Savatage (Jon Oliva's Pain) when they swung by Schaumburg, so I drove to Waukesha, WI to see them. Would much prefer to get more of these acts to come to the Metro, House of Blues, etc. But at least if a band is going to tour the states you can pretty much be assured there will be a Chicago stop somewhere in the tour.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 2,446 times
While I do think that California probally has the best Metal Scene (especially down state), Chicago does have some good bands to offer, some around the Chicago land area and in Chicago, my list is as follows of local Metal bands that I have heard or seen. Dead for Days, Wounds of Ruin, Kataplexy, Cardiac Arrest, Necrogression, Crucified Deformity, Mordrid, They Die Screaming, Everscathed, Malas, Nekropsy, Degradation, Diamond Plate, Relic, Brutalized, Whorrid. These are some local bands that I could remmember off the top of my head, Right now it's kind of hard to see any all ages shows the have really good bands but sometimes ya get lucky, it's crappy to see bands as well because the usually play around Chicago not In chicago lol even the bigger bands come around chicago most of the time which sucks because ya have to travel a good distance to see 'em, tough from what I see there are some places that are startin to emerge like Reggies Rock Place or Metal up your tap for shows.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:08 PM

102 posts, read 376,738 times
I might also add Ronny's to a list of venues that play metal (occasionally) in the city. There hasn't been death metal there recently, but I've seen a couple of doom/sludge bands come through.

One thing that's annoying about the scene in the city is that a lot of hipsters now think it's ironically cool to be into metal, so they crash shows wearing iron maiden hats and mustaches, and snap photos of themselves being "brutal" for their facebook pages. The last melvins show I saw nearly sucked because of them.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:39 PM

Red Line Tap has metal on occasion (last Saturday of every month.) Including tomorrow.;-)
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 25
METAL UP YOUR TAP
AND
MARS HILL TATTOO
PRESENT

NEKROPSY
CALGARY
RIOUTOUS
MORDID

METAL - METAL - METAL
SHOW AT 9 PM

Red Line Tap
7006 N.Glenwood
Chicago, IL 60626
773-274-5463 or
773-465-8005

Red Line Tap

Old 12-31-2008, 08:30 PM

I do not know why I did not mention this earlier but Cobra Lounge and Bottom Lounge have many metal acts play...

Bottom Lounge • 1375 W. Lake Street • Chicago
COBRA LOUNGE CHICAGO ::: FOOD DRNIKS & ROCK-N-ROLL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago