Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:01 PM

10 posts, read 18,923 times

Advertisements

My twin and I and my best friend plan to move there... How much money should the three of us save?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2016, 05:35 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,168,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydoll1 View Post
My twin and I and my best friend plan to move there... How much money should the three of us save?
Do you have jobs lined up? What's your budget?

Old 12-29-2016, 05:39 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,337,475 times
What are your areas of study and from what college and what grades? Do you have family and friends in Chicago already? Are you all planning to live together? Do you have anything saved up? Are your parents fine with being guarantors?

Old 12-29-2016, 07:19 PM

Default We Plan to....

My twin and I are aspiring male models so when we get there we plan to go to a open calling. We are all in the 11th Grade but we are saving money basically from now until we graduate once we get a job... I have always been from a small town down south. I do not have family in Chicago! With that being proclaimed... How much money should we approximately save each. I certainly reckoned we should at least $8000 each... As far as the neighborhood... We could stay basically anywhere north... Lincoln park, Lincoln square, Logan Square, Wicker park, Jefferson Park.... more etc
Oh! And how's the overall crime?

Old 12-29-2016, 08:04 PM

Quote:
My twin and I are aspiring male models so when we get there we plan to go to a open calling. We are all in the 11th Grade but we are saving money basically from now until we graduate once we get a job... I have always been from a small town down south. I do not have family in Chicago! With that being proclaimed... How much money should we approximately save each. I certainly reckoned we should at least $8000 each... As far as the neighborhood... We could stay basically anywhere north... Lincoln park, Lincoln square, Logan Square, Wicker park, Jefferson Park.... more etc
Crime is comcentrated to a few neighborhoods on the north and west side, but things happen everywhere. 8k in savings each is a good number, but not sure how 17 year olds can come up with that kind of money. Given you won't be able to enjoy nightlife I'd say move out to Jefferson Park. Rents are cheaper and the neighborhood is safe. Your money will go further and you can take the blue line into the city for castings and what not.

Old 12-30-2016, 09:47 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,165,755 times
Quote:
Have you considered writing for whatever the gay version of Penthouse Letters is?

Old 12-30-2016, 10:35 AM

Default We Plan to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishIllini View Post
Do you have jobs lined up? What's your budget?
We do not yet have jobs lined up... We're only in the 11th grade. But we plan to save money from now until we graduate once we get a job.... As far as apartment rent (Our Budget)
We were thinking anywhere from 1200-1600....

Old 12-30-2016, 11:02 AM

796 posts, read 929,925 times
Quote:
We do not yet have jobs lined up... We're only in the 11th grade. But we plan to save money from now until we graduate once we get a job.... As far as apartment rent (Our Budget)
We were thinking anywhere from 1200-1600....
that's kind of pricey I'm thinking. I'm an adult and my total mortgage is like $1600 a month and I have a full time job and savings.

Old 12-30-2016, 11:19 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaniemac View Post
that's kind of pricey I'm thinking. I'm an adult and my total mortgage is like $1600 a month and I have a full time job and savings.
Not at all for three people renting, on the north side in halfway decent areas. $500 each for rent is pretty typical.

Honestly, if it's legitimate and not 'Penthouse letters', the whole 'aspiring male model' route as solid income sounds a lot dicier to me vs their rent payment plans.

Old 12-30-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Not at all for three people renting, on the north side in halfway decent areas. $500 each for rent is pretty typical.

Honestly, if it's legitimate and not 'Penthouse letters', the whole 'aspiring male model' route as solid income sounds a lot dicier to me vs their rent payment plans.
That's kind of what I was thinking, but maybe they'll get a lucky break? Idk. I'd definitely look for part-time work as a host or waiter or something just to supplement the what I assume will be small income they get from modeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: