Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2017, 05:38 AM

997 posts, read 849,612 times

Advertisements

It humors me when poor people side with billionaires. Careful what you wish for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2017, 06:21 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
It humors me when poor people side with billionaires. Careful what you wish for.
It saddens me when people keep rewarding the corrupt @holes dems who mess up and bleep them over again and again.

Old 05-02-2017, 06:33 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times
Quote:
If you think today's Democratic party really cares about organized labor, I have a bridge to sell you in New York City somewhere, LOL!

Old 05-02-2017, 06:47 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
I honestly can't comprehend how anyone who "cares about the middle class" can support people who think it is moral to tax old people out of their homes with $10k property tax bills or strangle people in general with huge tax bills to all to pay for the lavish retirements of government workers. It is absolutely perverse. You are stealing from the working people to pay for the well connected and taking money from their retirements to pay for a select privileged few.

However, that is what goes on in all leftist run countries, Brazil, Venezuela, North Korea, the old USSR... everywhere leftists gain power they take care of themselves and bring misery and poverty to the masses.

Old 05-02-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I honestly can't comprehend how anyone who "cares about the middle class" can support people who think it is moral to tax old people out of their homes with $10k property tax bills or strangle people in general with huge tax bills to all to pay for the lavish retirements of government workers. It is absolutely perverse. You are stealing from the working people to pay for the well connected and taking money from their retirements to pay for a select privileged few.

However, that is what goes on in all leftist run countries, Brazil, Venezuela, North Korea, the old USSR... everywhere leftists gain power they take care of themselves and bring misery and poverty to the masses.
I suspect folks like Lilwedgy would be very surprised by how the progressive Democrats he might be marching with for various anti-Trump and anti-Rauner causes really view him and what they say about him behind his back.

The new progressives have virtually nothing in common with the old school FDR Democrats he identifies with. They certainly have no interest in preserving a 1950s style "middle class" (not that this exists anymore anyway). They are all about globalization, transferring wealth, and rectifying what they perceive to be past wrongs committed by straight socially conservative white folks (folks who look and talk like him ironically enough) against women, minorities, and LGBQT persons.

Everyday workin' men like our friend have become archaic square pegs in the round hole of the new Democratic party. They are at times useful idiots (such as when getting folks like Madigan reelected) but they are otherwise either ignored or mocked.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
If you think today's Democratic party really cares about organized labor, I have a bridge to sell you in New York City somewhere, LOL!
If you think billionaires really care about you, the state or Anything else except there own hides, you have already bought the bridge! The democrats are certainly the lessor of two evils, unless your a one percenter.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post

My kids went to very good schools, I have a great park district, the township plows early and often. Thinking of the childhood that my kids had, I really don't have (maybe one) any complaints. I have a rental that had been getting assessed higher and higher for 3-4 years. I talked to the twp.assesser and then brought in pictures of other properties that were similar, yet had lower assessments. She strung me along until I only had a week left to protest before she said the "comps" were in a different neighborhood (a better more costly homes across the street), etc. I then had to pay what I believed to be an excessive assessment again for that year. The following year, the revised assessments came out and again. It went up another 5-8%. I hired an appraiser. His appraisal came in 30% or so lower than the what the twp. Assessor had assessed. It went from $292k to 219k.
Other than an overzealous assessor for one of my properties, they have been pretty. Lose to actual (maybe a bit lower).

Old 05-02-2017, 10:23 AM

Quote:
If you think billionaires really care about you, the state or Anything else except there own hides, you have already bought the bridge! The democrats are certainly the lessor of two evils, unless your a one percenter.
If you've got a thing against billionaires, then you might want to reexamine your political affiliation for that reason also. One study showed that out of 22 billionaires, 13 gave predominantly to liberal groups or groups affiliated with the Democratic party.

How many billionaires support the Democratic vs. Republican parties? | PolitiFact

Old 05-02-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
I suspect folks like Lilwedgy would be very surprised by how the progressive Democrats he might be marching with for various anti-Trump and anti-Rauner causes really view him and what they say about him behind his back.

The new progressives have virtually nothing in common with the old school FDR Democrats he identifies with. They certainly have no interest in preserving a 1950s style "middle class" (not that this exists anymore anyway). They are all about globalization, transferring wealth, and rectifying what they perceive to be past wrongs committed by straight socially conservative white folks (folks who look and talk like him ironically enough) against women, minorities, and LGBQT persons.

Everyday workin' men like our friend have become archaic square pegs in the round hole of the new Democratic party. They are at times useful idiots (such as when getting folks like Madigan reelected) but they are otherwise either ignored or mocked.
Oh come on, I don't do any marching. Nor do I read my union newsletter to tell me ho to vote, lol.
Transferring wealth? You mean redistributing it? Your assuming that it was distributed equally first. Well I don't think I'm s square peg, but I don't expect to get everything I want out of a specific political party I voted for. Something the DRUMPF and RUINER supporters expected, lol. It AIN'T happening.

Old 05-02-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Oh come on, I don't do any marching. Nor do I read my union newsletter to tell me ho to vote, lol.
Transferring wealth? You mean redistributing it? Your assuming that it was distributed equally first. Well I don't think I'm s square peg, but I don't expect to get everything I want out of a specific political party I voted for. Something the DRUMPF and RUINER supporters expected, lol. It AIN'T happening.
Man, maybe you should start reading that union newsletter. They might be reporting on what's been going down in our country with unions and people like yourself. Outside the public sector, they're taking it in the rear. Here's a few examples. Hopefully you can take it from here...

Furchtgott-Roth: Why the unions are shrinking

https://finance.townhall.com/columni...obama-n1510353

https://www.districtsentinel.com/lat...l-obama-years/

Not getting everything you want eh? You're actually getting nothing that you want, LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago