Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 12:57 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,252,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLake View Post
It's not that bad. Wisconsin is a pretty good state overall. A little dorky, but good nonetheless.
My guess is you really don't know WI very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2017, 01:02 PM
C&B C&B started this thread

70 posts, read 130,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
That has merely reinforced the point of the person you replied to.

The Dells is not where I would send folks who are used to east coast trappings. Too cheesy.
If it's fun and enjoyable for kids and Families and draws a lot of tourism then it doesn't matter if its cheesy.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:31 PM

71 posts, read 86,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
No one is arguing what city is better. New York has more of everything. Chicago has a better quality of life.
Who cares though? The suburbs also have a better quality of life, whats the point?

Old 05-11-2017, 09:17 AM

2,563 posts, read 3,627,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
My guess is you really don't know WI very well.

In truth, I don't. That's just my impression from living in nearby Chicago. I like Wisconsin.

Old 05-12-2017, 10:11 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
I prefer Chicago but it'd be cool to have Philly and Boston a train ride away.

I've had some crazy blacked out fun several times in both Madison and Milwaukee. The dells are badass when you're a kid... For its size and location etc., Wisconsin is kinda rad.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:35 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but is the nearest beach attraction to Manhattan the one in Ocean City MD which is 5 hours away? Chicago has its beaches within the city and less than an hour away at Indiana Dunes Beach.

And for skiing, its over 5 hours to Vermont when Chicago families have skiing and other attractions in The Dells just a couple of hours away.
It depends on what you consider a beach 'attraction'. Coney Island has oceanfront beach and is inside New York City. The Long Island beaches and the Jersey Shore are much closer than Ocean City, MD.

Old 05-13-2017, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I prefer Chicago but it'd be cool to have Philly and Boston a train ride away.

I've had some crazy blacked out fun several times in both Madison and Milwaukee. The dells are badass when you're a kid... For its size and location etc., Wisconsin is kinda rad.
Is there really much to do in Philly and Boston? Maybe see a a few museums but then what? Aren't those two cities really kinda zzzz inducing? I mean, would anything in Boston be worth putting up with all that sass and accent?!

Old 05-13-2017, 07:03 AM

In my opinion, there's only a few cities worth living near: LA, Chicago and NYC. SFC and Miami are close. Vegas, Orlando, etc. are only fit for tourism.

Old 05-13-2017, 09:56 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,609,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B View Post
Is there really much to do in Philly and Boston? Maybe see a a few museums but then what? Aren't those two cities really kinda zzzz inducing? I mean, would anything in Boston be worth putting up with all that sass and accent?!

Lame. Someone from Philly or Boston could make this exact same post about Chicago.

Each city has great festivals, sporting events... more than enough to do for weekend getaways.

I can have a great time in Madison and Milwaukee. I'm sure Boston and Philly would give me my money's worth.

Old 05-15-2017, 08:15 AM

362 posts, read 497,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
This makes no sense. Fly where? BWI? National? Then do what, drive 3 hours to the beach?
I know, right? A lot of generalizations and real randomness on this thread from the OP, who sounds seriously ignorant and uninformed with almost every comment.

Last edited by kxr203; 05-15-2017 at 08:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago