Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2017, 06:39 PM

1,067 posts, read 916,122 times

Advertisements

BRU67 knows the area since he lives there so I'm only commenting from a real estate investor perspective.

I've been watching Tri-Taylor and North/South Lawndale and everything east of Western from 290 down to the river is being snapped up pretty quickly and prices are rising. So buyers/investors/developers are coming in which usually means the area is generally safe or on the upward turn. North Lawndale is terrible (West of California) but from what I've seen real estate wise if you're south of Ogden and even east of California even you're in a good spot cause you got the pink line, Lagunitas, 26th street, Walmart Pete's Fresh etc... Real Estate is definitely picking up in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2017, 04:13 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,316,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lullaby001 View Post
We're girls and my classes will end around 9:15PM. East of Damen is all hospital buildings, so my best bet is taylor, east of ashland? I was thinking either that or area around Western (o'hare) blue line.

I'll be working from 9-5, and having classes from 6-9:15pm. Anything that can cut off the commute by half hour each way is preferable. It takes me an hour from my place to DePaul and an hour and 15mins to my internship on E Randolph.
Most of my classmates live in Lincoln Park and it's totally out of our budget.
I think the Taylor Street area east of Ashland is quite nice, and IMO the residential sidestreets in the area look a lot like Lincoln Park. Not sure what rents are, though.

I haven't lived in Chicago since August 2015, but I recall that on that stretch of Taylor there was a block or two where there was public housing that looked rather forlorn. I'm not sure if all that is still there or if it's since been torn down. If it's still there you might want to be careful with those blocks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago