Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 08:19 AM
C&B C&B started this thread

70 posts, read 130,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Well, that's a shame. It looks like neither you nor strangers on the internet have a solution for the exact thing that your kids want. What do they say when you ask them?
They want kayaking with a challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 08:30 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&B View Post
What possible fun is there in standing on a slowly moving board on flat water?! That's not remotely different than being at home surfin on a toilet seat.
You're right, I don't think there are ever any waves in Lake Michigan for SU paddle boarding, esp. for a kid.

Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
They want kayaking with a challenge.
Stick them in their kayaks in Lake Michigan during a windy day and ask them to successfully roll them (be close by for possible rescue). Race each other - let them win. Tell them to capsize and use paddle rigging and flotation for self-rescue to get back in the boat. Bring your stopwatch to time them while they do it. BTW, I did all the above with my kids and it was more exciting than a waterpark.

Geez... You sound like you have absolutely no imagination for things to do with your kids, other than take them to the same waterpark over and over again...

Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
You're right, I don't think there are ever any waves in Lake Michigan for SU paddle boarding, esp. for a kid.
So the key is to wait till there's a storm and lightning , not wear any metal, hope all goes well and hope that no Riptide takes you off to the middle of nowhere?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Stick them in their kayaks in Lake Michigan during a windy day and ask them to successfully roll them (be close by for possible rescue). Race each other - let them win. Tell them to capsize and use paddle rigging and flotation for self-rescue to get back in the boat. Bring your stopwatch to time them while they do it. BTW, I did all the above with my kids and it was more exciting than a waterpark.

Geez... You sound like you have absolutely no imagination for things to do with your kids, other than take them to the same waterpark over and over again...

Lol how did so much emphasis get put on a waterpark during this thread? I simply mentioned that even The Dells has an attraction its known for and draws many people because of it . I mentioned that I took my kids there . I took them there ONCE, by the way.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
So the key is to wait till there's a storm and lightning , not wear any metal, hope all goes well and hope that no Riptide takes you off to the middle of nowhere?
Reading comprehension issues?

You sound unimaginative, which is why Chicago is not the right place for you. Avoid the area. I recommend just staying with your in-the-cornfield neon water park hotel with the mini swim up bar - don't forget to bring the Xbox for evening entertainment. Your idea of excitement sounds just perfect for you.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Lol how did so much emphasis get put on a waterpark during this thread? I simply mentioned that even The Dells has an attraction its known for and draws many people because of it . I mentioned that I took my kids there . I took them there ONCE, by the way.
Ok then take them to Vegas, Orlando, or Mall of America - your other listed family dream vacations... Just don't come to Chicago, you won't be happy here - it requires too much mind/culture/creative interaction.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Reading comprehension issues?

You sound unimaginative, which is why Chicago is not the right place for you. Avoid the area. I recommend just staying with your in-the-cornfield neon water park hotel with the mini swim up bar - don't forget to bring the Xbox for evening entertainment. Your idea of excitement sounds just perfect for you.

Its been what, twice now that I told you I went to The Dells ONCE? So I think it's not me who has reading comprehension problems. Btw, we dont play video games. My kids are stand outs in sports and academics. They don't waste time on video games.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Ok then take them to Vegas, Orlando, or Mall of America - your other listed family dream vacations... Just don't come to Chicago, you won't be happy here - it requires too much mind/culture/creative interaction.
I told you already that my ex-wife takes them to all the artsy events. is it too hard for you to comprehend what I stated earlier that I am the one who takes them to do outdoor activities? Did I not also State earlier that we don't go to malls and that I simply stated the drawing attractions that other cities are known for?

Old 05-18-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Its been what, twice now that I told you I went to The Dells ONCE? So I think it's not me who has reading comprehension problems. Btw, we dont play video games. My kids are stand outs in sports and academics. They don't waste time on video games.

Right.

Epcot may be building a "Chicago World" with waterpark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago