Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 08:59 AM

4,619 posts, read 8,165,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finance2Tech View Post
Spend some time in both NYC and Chicago and you will see way more Asian guy-White girl couples in NYC than in Chicago. And there's no doubt that Chicago is way more provincial when it comes to race and diversity.
Given the male/female gender population disparity, men in New York (particularly Manhattan) tend to "do well" compared to men in other areas regardless of anyone's racial preference.

I also find it supremely ironic that you unabashedly state a racial preference and then put down Chicago white women for having one, too, if they even do have one and it's not just that you're not having as much luck because the numbers aren't tipped as strongly in mens' favor in Chicago as compared to Manhattan.

"Waaaaa, the object of my racial preference doesn't have the inverse preference, waaaaaa"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2017, 03:40 PM

135 posts, read 164,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Given the male/female gender population disparity, men in New York (particularly Manhattan) tend to "do well" compared to men in other areas regardless of anyone's racial preference.

I also find it supremely ironic that you unabashedly state a racial preference and then put down Chicago white women for having one, too, if they even do have one and it's not just that you're not having as much luck because the numbers aren't tipped as strongly in mens' favor in Chicago as compared to Manhattan.

"Waaaaa, the object of my racial preference doesn't have the inverse preference, waaaaaa"
Go back and read what I wrote. I have dated white women for the "most part," meaning that more than 50% of the women I have dated have been white. I have dated plenty of Asian women as well. That is different from excluding people of a certain race from your dating pool automatically, which is what I was talking about.

In addition, although you are correct that the gender ratio in NYC is slightly better than Chicago, it's also true that NYC people are far more open to interracial since they are not as provincial as those in Chicago. The latter attracts people primarily from the midwest while NYC is a global cosmopolitan city.

Last edited by Finance2Tech; 07-07-2017 at 04:21 PM..

Old 07-07-2017, 06:54 PM

195 posts, read 214,629 times
Quote:
I date white women for the most part. My Asian buddies in NYC do great with women of all races, but the ones in Chicago always said that the white women are super provincial due to their Midwestern upbringing and not willing to date non-white guys.
No. I see white-Asian couples here all the type of white woman-asian dude, asian woman-white dude, and even asian-white gay and lesbian couples. The only problem with Chicago, is that you have to have the money to date. This city is so ridiculously expensive.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:24 PM

410 posts, read 633,453 times
Asian male here, based in Chicago my whole life. Nearly every partner of mine has been white. The rest where of latin or middle eastern heritage. Never been involved with an asian woman, and frankly I'm not interested in dating in my race anyway.

Quote:
Spend some time in both NYC and Chicago and you will see way more Asian guy-White girl couples in NYC than in Chicago. And there's no doubt that Chicago is way more provincial when it comes to race and diversity.
That may be true. But you should have no problem with interracial dating in Chicago.

Old 07-07-2017, 08:07 PM

263 posts, read 567,227 times
Quote:
There's obviously a lot of Asian women-White guy couples in Chicago but the reverse is super rare. Is this due to racism of white women against Asian men or something else going on? Chicago is a major city but certainly more provincial than say NYC.
Based on this thread, you seem like a complaining type who blames his shortcomings on the 'racism' of others. That may have something to do with a lack of dates.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:19 PM

2,814 posts, read 2,278,508 times
Not Asian, so take this with a grain of salt. But, my basic observations from Asian friends:
1) Accent and cultural assimilation are huge. If you have an accent you are at a huge disadvantage...not going to lie.
2) There are a large number of white women who won't date Asians period. So it might be harder to randomly meet white women. But, there are lots of white women who are very open to dating Asians, so you can if you want. Apps may be more useful to help you connect with women. Somewhat similar to the gay community. Most guys won't date other guys, but doesn't stop gay men from finding bfs. Just makes connecting IRL a little harder.
3) American born Asians are at a modest disadvantage compared to a comparable white guy. But, all things arent equal. You can offset it with charming personality, job, attractiveness, being in shape. ,sense of humor, shared interests, etc. I have Asian friends who have women of all races fawning over them.

Old 11-26-2018, 12:36 PM

459 posts, read 698,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Not Asian, so take this with a grain of salt. But, my basic observations from Asian friends:

3) American born Asians are at a modest disadvantage compared to a comparable white guy. But, all things arent equal. You can offset it with charming personality, job, attractiveness, being in shape. ,sense of humor, shared interests, etc. I have Asian friends who have women of all races fawning over them.

Statistically speaking this is incorrect. There's a white professor in Penn State that has lectures on disparity between Asians and other races in the US. You can find some of his videos on Youtube on the channel SOC 119.

Old 12-04-2018, 10:30 AM

747 posts, read 579,155 times
How do Chinese girls-women feel about dating, hanging out with older white guys? I assume they prefer other Chinese and south Asian.

When I was dating, it never occurred to me to go to Chinatown for meeting girls. Maybe I should have done that. Anyway,perhaps the cultural difference between a traditional Asian and white guys may be too much for a relationship to flourish.
I have enough trouble finding things in common with non-Chinese females. Perhaps others feel the same way.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:27 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
I've been in martial arts half of my life, and so I have an affinity for Asian culture. And certainly I have seen innumerate beautiful Asian women in Chicago. That said, I will never forget the words that a waitress in Moon Palace in Chinatown told me ( a waitress that I came to know over the years when I would visit this restaurant): "No Chinese woman is going to be interested in you, when you have children (I have 3 children). You better stick to Mexican women." And for anyone that thinks this is not a universal opinion and/or is mixed in with stereotypical rhetoric, so be it... That said, then this woman put an omen on me. To this day, I have never dated an Asian woman from Chicago. Rather, they have ALL been Mexican! I hope to break the spell! - Enjoy the day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago