Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 02:44 PM

106 posts, read 112,372 times

Advertisements

I have a story saw someone post about boys town and it reminded me of a time and i am a little upset about it I live in or around northcenter and there is a place in boys town that has the best martinis they are ginger martinis and they use real ginger and grate it in front of you and it was just amazing. Anyways we want about nine PM and we were enjoying or martinis we sat in a corner because it was all men and we were not sure of the atmosphere but we just wanted to have one martini maybe two. So we finished drink and a man flat out came to our table and told us we had to leave because we they were having a private party. I have nothing against the community but isnt that a form of discrimination? I know there was no private party they just did not want a straight couple in there.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:03 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southbound2017 View Post
I have a story saw someone post about boys town and it reminded me of a time and i am a little upset about it I live in or around northcenter and there is a place in boys town that has the best martinis they are ginger martinis and they use real ginger and grate it in front of you and it was just amazing. Anyways we want about nine PM and we were enjoying or martinis we sat in a corner because it was all men and we were not sure of the atmosphere but we just wanted to have one martini maybe two. So we finished drink and a man flat out came to our table and told us we had to leave because we they were having a private party. I have nothing against the community but isnt that a form of discrimination? I know there was no private party they just did not want a straight couple in there.
How do you know they weren't having a private party? I've never seen a straight couple kicked out of a bar in Boystown, it seems like you're just trying to make trouble on here if you ask me.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:11 PM

1,022 posts, read 774,127 times
Quote:
Could be. Seems like a lot of weird stuff is going on in that area especially after just seeing a video of fights that go on there in another thread here about boystown

Old 07-15-2017, 09:23 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
It was a private party.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:51 PM

Because this bar had two rooms more were in back room if they had a private party would make sense to be in back room. We did not see anyone coming in being asked any questions but when the man came to me he had a clipboard and asked if we were on list . We said no and he said you will have to leave this is private party. But we did not see him approach anyone else to see if they were on list. I am not trying to start trouble or racist but that experience made me think a white straight couple could now experience what minorities experienced and things are doing better for them. But they may be hypricriticsl to kick a straight couple out. I felt uncomfortable I never want back.

That was just one bar if I am not mistaking is hop lead a gay bar? If so no problems there I did not even know it was gay I could be mistaken or confused with name but hop leaf in andersonville good experience.

Anyways debates are fun I do not think I am trolling. I am a debater not trying to start a beef.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:58 PM

op..what do you mean by this

That was just one bar if I am not mistaking is hop lead a gay bar? If so no problems there I did not even know it was gay I could be mistaken or confused with name but hop leaf in andersonville good experience.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:00 PM

I was saying it could have been one off because the bar it happened I will not name. But I had a good experience at bar called hop leaf in andersonville no discrimination. And I thought I heard hop leaf may be a gay bar.

Old 07-15-2017, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
op..what do you mean by this

Sorry I meant to say I had good experience at crew in uptown don't know why I got it mixed up with hop leaf.

Use to go for drinks after work went to crew and hop leaf both good crew is gay bar never gave us problems with coed straight group.

The place I had problem which shall go unamed is in boystown best damn martinis.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Sorry I meant to say I had good experience at crew in uptown don't know why I got it mixed up with hop leaf.

Use to go for drinks after work went to crew and hop leaf both good crew is gay bar never gave us problems with coed straight group.

The place I had problem which shall go unamed is in boystown best damn martinis.
I live right next to Hop Leaf and have never been there. lol..I probably should go.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM

4,619 posts, read 8,170,326 times
"best martinis" goes to whichever place you're drunkest at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: