Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 01:56 PM

605 posts, read 711,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
If you love canned vegetables including rubbery sweet potatoes, instant mashed potatoes, processed meat, store bought pies, and instant sweet tea, then you should fall in love with Golden Corral because that's the kind of food they specialize in.
Yes, Golden Corral is the most disgusting "restaurant" in existence I think. Went there (not my choice) a week ago for the first time and it was beyond disgusting! I could barely eat it. And while I admit I have high end tastes in food, I am not so snobby that I can't also eat some good old low-brow food. I have no problem with my hillbilly family reunion with their jello salads and what not. But GC does not even register on the "edible" meter. blech blech blech!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 01:59 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,313,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamouse View Post
Yes, Golden Corral is the most disgusting "restaurant" in existence I think. Went there (not my choice) a week ago for the first time and it was beyond disgusting! I could barely eat it. And while I admit I have high end tastes in food, I am not so snobby that I can't also eat some good old low-brow food. I have no problem with my hillbilly family reunion with their jello salads and what not. But GC does not even register on the "edible" meter. blech blech blech!
I've never been to Golden Corral. Is it worse than Old Country Buffet?

Old 07-31-2017, 04:55 PM

504 posts, read 495,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I've never been to Golden Corral. Is it worse than Old Country Buffet?

Yep.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:07 AM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
I can't believe anything is worse than the Old Country Buffet just west of Devon. Holy god that was an experience. Which Golden Corral is particularly gross? - I wouldn't mind exploring.

Old 08-01-2017, 08:52 AM

3,918 posts, read 6,829,377 times
New China Buffet off Addison and Elston. I have never been but would definitely be interested in hearing how it is...

Old 08-01-2017, 02:55 PM

16 posts, read 28,528 times
Old country buffet in lincoln wood is closed and it was horrible they want downhill over the past 15 years. I have to say Golden Coral is not as bad as some say they have real mashed potatoes. I think people that are complaining had a bad experiance most Golden Corals are very dirty. I have found a couple that are very clean the one near Alguanquin is clean. When i was on a road trip was at a golden coral in northern florida that was great.

Every once in awhile you have to try and you will find some good food and you will eat so much you will wish you never went.

BUt it is not horrible even the dirty ones have the same tasting food. YOu have to go when busy so fresh food keeps coming out. And I really do not even think it taste canned if its canned its good canned food no metal taste but anyways

i think places like golden coral are a class thing lower middle class palet. To expensive for poor to nast for the rich perfect for lower middle class. I like a women thar will try anything so if I met a women that would not try golden coral once and get in the weeds with all the buffet goers and germs she would not be someone I would date.

Old 08-01-2017, 04:05 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,955,059 times
Brazilian steakhouses are technically all-you-can-eat buffets.

Old 08-02-2017, 11:18 AM

605 posts, read 711,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundbound3 View Post
I like a women thar will try anything so if I met a women that would not try golden coral once and get in the weeds with all the buffet goers and germs she would not be someone I would date.
I will try basically anything but any guy that asked me to go to GC would be someone I wouldn't date. And not because I'm a snob that is only interested in rich guys/fancy places. But if someone actually thinks GC has decent food, well, that would mean that person was just too different from me to contemplate a serious relationship.

Thankfully I am married and my DH despises GC as much as I do.....

Old 08-02-2017, 12:14 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,578,016 times
In your list of top five deal-breakers, where would Golden Corral lie? I guess I was the same way with Carribou Coffee due to its ties to the First Islamic Investment Bank and Yusuf Al-Qaradawi.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago