Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Love chicago?
Yes 38 63.33%
No 22 36.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 09:49 PM

44 posts, read 43,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
I gave you two sources already and you have yet to give one.
Nice deflection. Its not hard to read your intentions and see through you. Playing the Trump card is amusing and typical of people that have no argument to make.
So I'll ask again. Explain the 800+ homicides in Chicago for 2016.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,110,093 times
The gang culture isn't going to change. You just need to price them out like LA did. Problem is Chicago hasn't seen anywhere near the level of gentrification needed to do that. Of course it'd just push the problem into the south suburbs just like LA pushed its problems into the I.E. and elsewhere, but hey the stats for the city look great!

At any rate it's time to unencumber ourselves from the notion that murderous thugs are going to one day throw down the guns and sing kumbaya. The gang culture is a malignant tumor on the city.

Old 08-26-2017, 01:24 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,130,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Trumpistas don't deal in facts
They deal with alternative facts, everything else is "fake news"

Old 08-26-2017, 06:15 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,387,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Money has nothing to do with repairing the sub-culture. Fifty years of the Great Society, hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, and the result is a 75% illegitimacy rate within the black community, leading to generational poverty and the never-ending cycle. It has nothing to do with big brother needing to dump more money into this rot.

It's like Afghanistan; we cannot spend our way out of it. The change has to happen within the communities, not with educated and law-abiding people moving to dangerous neighborhoods.
Oh I know that. Duh, LOL! But a lot of people don't seem to want to acknowledge that and instead point the finger at other things.

So my question to them is always why they don't move into those areas, if they believe the problem is mere disinvestment, bad realtor practices, lack of city services, and police excessive force. I usually never get a straight answer.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:03 AM

44 posts, read 43,370 times
Quote:
Money has nothing to do with repairing the sub-culture. Fifty years of the Great Society, hundreds of billions of dollars wasted, and the result is a 75% illegitimacy rate within the black community, leading to generational poverty and the never-ending cycle. It has nothing to do with big brother needing to dump more money into this rot.

It's like Afghanistan; we cannot spend our way out of it. The change has to happen within the communities, not with educated and law-abiding people moving to dangerous neighborhoods.
Couldn't say it better myself. Until the culture changes it won't get better in Chicago.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:18 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,203,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2017ab View Post
im sick of hearing media outlets ****ting on the great city. It keeps people from movig here. I still think there is no city like Chocago.
Except for Lake MI, Mosul, Raqqa are two that come to mind!

Old 08-26-2017, 08:39 AM

14,802 posts, read 17,552,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Except for Lake MI, Mosul, Raqqa are two that come to mind!
How so?

Old 08-26-2017, 11:24 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,130,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
The gang culture isn't going to change. You just need to price them out like LA did. Problem is Chicago hasn't seen anywhere near the level of gentrification needed to do that. Of course it'd just push the problem into the south suburbs just like LA pushed its problems into the I.E. and elsewhere, but hey the stats for the city look great!

At any rate it's time to unencumber ourselves from the notion that murderous thugs are going to one day throw down the guns and sing kumbaya. The gang culture is a malignant tumor on the city.
Rahm is trying to push them out, and he's successful to a certain extent. Problem is that he's not discriminating between the bad poor people and good poor people and is pushing all of them out.

Old 08-26-2017, 02:25 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,753,147 times
Quote:

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/ar...merica/277084/

Note, while the number of unmarried black women is rising, the birth rate is actually declining.

Quote:
One obvious reason that you have a higher percentage of children born out of wedlock in the black community is that the number of unmarried women (mothers or not) has grown a lot, while number of married women has grown only a little.
Quote:
But while the number of unmarried black women has substantially grown, the actual birthrate (measured by births per 1000) for black women is it the lowest point that its ever documented.
Quote:
Theories of cultural decline are irrelevant. Policy not so much. Given the contact rates between the justice system and young black men, and given how that contact affects your employment prospects, the decision by many black women to not marry, and to have less children, strikes me as logical.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:01 PM

13,959 posts, read 13,722,546 times
The media reporting Chicago shootings give city negative image although Chicago overall crime is going down murders and shootings are high compare to L.A and NYC. 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017 murders rates. Chicago going need clean up South and West Side like qualify of life enforcement like what NYC did in 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago