Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 05:48 PM

2 posts, read 1,586 times

Advertisements

I’m a 25 year old young professional currently living in Northern California. Bored and raised here and now have the opportunity to move to Chicago for a job. I welcome the change and will likely be moving in the next two months (perfect timing for winter).
What I’m looking for:
- Luxury high rise studio/loft apartment (floor to ceiling windows; ie bachelor pad)
- Under $2000/month
- I drink on the weekends so close to nightlife is ideal
- lastly, the position is in the heart of the loop. I want an EASY/quick commute! I will sacrifice being close to nightlife for an easy commute. As long as I’m still in commuting distance to the bars for the weekends.

I’ve been doing a lot of research, and most everyone says not to live in the loop or even south loop but that’s what looks like fits my qualities the most. I was also looking at printers row.

Any suggestions would be welcomed! I’m looking forward to it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 09:47 PM

504 posts, read 496,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imarook View Post
I’m a 25 year old young professional currently living in Northern California. Bored and raised here and now have the opportunity to move to Chicago for a job. I welcome the change and will likely be moving in the next two months (perfect timing for winter).
What I’m looking for:
- Luxury high rise studio/loft apartment (floor to ceiling windows; ie bachelor pad)
- Under $2000/month
- lastly, the position is in the heart of the loop. I want an EASY/quick commute! I will sacrifice being close to nightlife for an easy commute. As long as I’m still in commuting distance to the bars for the weekends.

I’ve been doing a lot of research, and most everyone says not to live in the loop or even south loop but that’s what looks like fits my qualities the most. I was also looking at printers row.

I highly recommend the west loop if you are making a lot of money, the south loop if you aren't.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:48 PM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imarook View Post
What I’m looking for:
- Under $2000/month

River North seems to meet all your points.

West Loop may be good for a loft apartment but has fewer high rises. River North has more high rises and fewer loft apartments.

Last edited by fusillirob1983; 10-13-2017 at 09:50 PM.. Reason: Realized you said loft apartment

Old 10-14-2017, 07:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,586 times
Thanks guys!

Old 11-06-2017, 09:10 AM

50 posts, read 47,395 times
Welcome to Chicago!

Would say for high rise apartments west loop, river north,Gold Coast and south loop are your best bet. Nightlife though would have to be river north but you have to maybe spend more than 2000. For you, the best fit would be west loop, you can find good bars but the restaurant scene is the best in Chicago. Also high rise apartments/lofts are also in big demand as construction companies are building a lot of resedential skyscrapers

Old 11-06-2017, 09:35 AM

27 posts, read 30,252 times
Hubbard 225
3Eleven Illinois
640 N Wells
Gallery on Superior
167 W Erie
750 N Hudson

These are all brand new high rises with a ton of amenities that are in river North and you can walk to work. They are all offering a month or two of free rent and no move in costs so find the best deal and choose that building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: