Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 03:49 PM

4,068 posts, read 7,267,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsboost View Post
That's surprising. I've seen maybe two rats this entire year.
I only ever saw two rats during my entire 20 years in Chicago. Perhaps I should've gotten out more. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 04:07 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,562,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew61 View Post
I only ever saw two rats during my entire 20 years in Chicago. Perhaps I should've gotten out more. LOL
I see an extremely high number of rabbits and squirrels but very few rats.

Old 10-19-2017, 11:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 764,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manterro View Post
Rahm Emanuel isn't the only rat in this city.

https://patch.com/illinois/chicago/a...-city-3rd-year
He is still the biggest rat. In fact he is the only rat I have honestly ever seen in the city

Old 10-19-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prhill View Post
He is still the biggest rat. In fact he is the only rat I have honestly ever seen in the city
You a Chuy voter?

Old 10-19-2017, 12:35 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,336,680 times
It feels like we are also the skunkiest. I've had to hurl stuff at skunks to get them to leave my yard so I can let my dogs out.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
You a Chuy voter?
I did not live in the city during the last election. I was in the burbs for a while. And like everyone else I may be leaving the city as the taxes are getting worse and crime is getting MUCH worse. The city sadly is becoming unlivable

Old 10-19-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
I did not live in the city during the last election. I was in the burbs for a while. And like everyone else I may be leaving the city as the taxes are getting worse and crime is getting MUCH worse. The city sadly is becoming unlivable
Everyone else? LOL! Living in a large US is generally not cheap. Compare us to NYC, LA, SF, Boston, DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, etc. Sure, it's cheaper to live in Cleveland, St. Louis, Houston (barely) and Indianapolis. You get what you pay for.

And homicides are terrible but overall crime is not getting worse.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Everyone else? LOL! Living in a large US is generally not cheap. Compare us to NYC, LA, SF, Boston, DC, Philadelphia, San Diego, Seattle, Portland, etc. Sure, it's cheaper to live in Cleveland, St. Louis, Houston (barely) and Indianapolis. You get what you pay for.

Chicago has had the most loss in population last few years though. And crime is getting worse that is why so many people are on the news more and more in areas that were once safe and now talking about leaving as even those parts are getting bad now. People are panicking in Streeterville with what has been happening there. Now in Rogers Park after what happened to that teacher. And now in the west loop people were talking all week about what has been happening there. I just saw now on the news people in Wicker Park and Logan square talking about how crime is getting out of hand in those areas. Two elderly people brutally attacked at CTA stops recently. People in lakeview getting upset with all that has happened there this year and even Lincoln Park.

Old 10-19-2017, 03:57 PM

426 posts, read 330,929 times
Quote:

Crime is not getting worse? Really?? You must live next door to Rahm's house or close to a police station. My neighborhood used to be safe with very little crime. Many police and fire department employees had homes in this area. NOT ANYMORE. They relocated to other parts of the city and very few are left. I have several crime tracking apps on my computer and I check them every day. Crimes, including murders, are skyrocketing all around me and most of the city. If you live in a safe neighborhood, then you're very lucky. I personally have a FOID card and I'm in the process of getting my conceal and carry license. That way, if any of these gangbangers, thugs, illegals, etc. try to rob or kill me, I can at least defend myself. The police can't be everywhere at a moments notice. They're overwhelmed with all the crime. We need to give the police a hand and help them out. You know, I see all these people screaming that the police suck, they're no good. Well, I'll tell you what. Next time these police haters are in trouble, they should try calling a crackhead for help and see how that works out for them.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Chicago has had the most loss in population last few years though. And crime is getting worse that is why so many people are on the news more and more in areas that were once safe and now talking about leaving as even those parts are getting bad now. People are panicking in Streeterville with what has been happening there. Now in Rogers Park after what happened to that teacher. And now in the west loop people were talking all week about what has been happening there. I just saw now on the news people in Wicker Park and Logan square talking about how crime is getting out of hand in those areas. Two elderly people brutally attacked at CTA stops recently. People in lakeview getting upset with all that has happened there this year and even Lincoln Park.

The regressive taxation we have is forcing out low income people. Chicago is seeing huge growth in the high income households that realize the City is a bargain.

What happened in Rogers Park is tragic. But has nothing to do with increasing crime. It has happened before and unfortunately will very likely happen again. You are referring to anecdotes, not historical statistics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago