Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 02:37 PM

4,383 posts, read 2,879,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jruggles View Post
I'm in a similar situation as the OP -- 26/M, single, and moving to Chicago. What would be the best neighborhoods to live in for someone that's dating?
Anywhere from Downtown to Lakeview to the West Loop. Pick your neighborhood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2018, 05:24 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,778,818 times
Quote:
I'm in a similar situation as the OP -- 26/M, single, and moving to Chicago. What would be the best neighborhoods to live in for someone that's dating?
Based on my experience, River North, Lincoln Park, Lakeview, West Loop (Loop too), and Old Town all have tons of young adults/young professionals, bars, restaurants, things to do, and just a ton of people looking to date.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:33 PM

32 posts, read 38,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Anywhere from Downtown to Lakeview to the West Loop. Pick your neighborhood.
How does Bucktown compare to Lake View? Seems like Bucktown would shave off 5-10 minutes from my commute to Niles but would the nightlife/dating be any worse? I'm also interested in Jefferson Park as it's only a 10 minute commute to work and it's also on the Blue line. Is there any nightlife there for someone in their 20's?

Old 04-24-2018, 05:36 PM

14,800 posts, read 17,568,241 times
Quote:
How does Bucktown compare to Lake View? Seems like Bucktown would shave off 5-10 minutes from my commute to Niles but would the nightlife/dating be any worse? I'm also interested in Jefferson Park as it's only a 10 minute commute to work and it's also on the Blue line. Is there any nightlife there for someone in their 20's?
Jeff Park will be a stretch in terms of night life for someone your age. It is mostly family and working class. Go to Logan Square or Avondale.

Old 04-25-2018, 04:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Jeff Park will be a stretch in terms of night life for someone your age. It is mostly family and working class. Go to Logan Square or Avondale.

100% agree

I lived around Devon/Milwaukee ave back in early '00's and it was mostly families and LEO's living there. No night life at all lol

Old 04-25-2018, 06:48 AM

4,383 posts, read 2,879,445 times
Quote:
Bucktown is similar. Its just a little smaller and lakeview tends to be more sports bars and has more distinct areas within it like Boystown, Wrigley, East Lakeview, Southport Corridor. And I think Bucktown is easier to get downtown on to the highway, but harder to get everywhere else because of the location.

Old 05-20-2018, 11:15 PM

4,797 posts, read 5,991,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex3680 View Post
Hey everyone, I’m looking to relocate to either Chicag, NYC, or Austin. I was wondering how the dating scene is in Chicago either in general or compared to one or both of those cities (for a male 27-years old) If I could get some opinions from anyone who has either lived in the cities, has visited a lot, or has friends who have talked about dating there.

Another thing to note is I don’t do dating apps..prefer meeting girls out so I can get to know them first. So a city that would fit that condition would be great.

I’m not looking for a relationship right now, but would also not be totally opposed to one.
How are the women in Chicago? NYC I know has some gorgeous ones..and there are a lot of them. Is it pretty much the same in Chicago?

I’m not into the hipster thing..so more conventional attractiveness. And are any of them more in favor for men dating VS women dating? I’m ok with the ratio of normal guys to normal girls being a little skewed in favor/not in favor for guys, but is it pretty noticeable in either of the cities?

Also, do the girls tend to have a personality difference in them or does it tend to be similar? I know Austin has a ton of transplants, so I figured that would maybe offset the size difference of the city.

Any opinions would be great since I’m looking to relocate soon. Thanks!
A population near 3 million means that you probably can't bank on anything. Our dating scene literally has something for everyone. I mean I suppose if you want some girl fresh out of high school who has never been with anyone you'd be SOL but other than that we have a typical yuppie style of dating scene you would find in medium sized to large cities.

It is generally an even ratio, with sliiiightly higher ratio of women to men, but I don't think it is significant to matter. At the end of the day, if you had success in a dating market like Austin, you could find success here since you have a larger pond. For nightlife options, stay close to downtown or the lake. If you are on the south side, options become more limited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago