Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 04:18 PM

1,080 posts, read 837,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
I experience this mostly with men.
Same here. It's fellow men 95% of the time. It's like this stupid testosterone version of chicken where the less manly man is supposed to get out of the others' path. It drives me mad. I almost never encounter this from women, unless they are absent-mindedly looking at their phone or something and haven't noticed that we're about to collide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2018, 05:04 PM

147 posts, read 157,925 times
What side do you get on when someone walking dog? Sometenes they walk close to building....

I hate when people stand in road to see if bus coming . Dies that make it come faster ? It's usually elderly people.

Old 06-22-2018, 05:33 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo2018 View Post
What side do you get on when someone walking dog? Sometenes they walk close to building....

I hate when people stand in road to see if bus coming . Dies that make it come faster ? It's usually elderly people.
haha...I saw this the other day. She was old and she stood 4 feet off the sidewalk starring down the street looking for her bus.

Old 06-22-2018, 06:20 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,454,719 times
The nasal accent.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:12 PM

Zombies

Bikers think they own road do not follow traffic rules.

People walk to slow when crossing street . Walk with a sense of urgency.

People who say they want Italian beef juicy I grew up saying dipped.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:16 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Zombies as in tweakers?

Have I got some stories from living in East Dayton.

Old 06-22-2018, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Zombies as in tweakers?

Have I got some stories from living in East Dayton.
I think it's more of zombies on to many meds or downers walking around slowly just like on walking dead. Not paying attention to surroundings.

Old 06-22-2018, 08:16 PM

1,080 posts, read 837,394 times
Quote:
There are WAY too many dogs on the sidewalks these days, and they seriously screw with the flow of pedestrian traffic, especially when the humans walking them have them on long leashes. You have to decide whether to bump into the human, take your chances with the dog that looks like it's ready to take a bite our of your ankle, or deal with the trip wire connecting the two. Or walk all the way out into the street to avoid the whole mess. And that's not even to mention what happens when a dog is stopping to sniff every single tree, post, or fire hydrant, or encounters another dog.

Quote:
I would imagine that most of these people have had an experience of missing the bus because they are old, slow, and small, and therefore unable to jump up and flag down the driver by the time he reaches the stop. Then they had to wait another 14-30 minutes, possibly in harsh weather, for the next bus. There are some drivers, though they may be a minority, who will look for any excuse to not stop if there is not a clearly intended passenger right in front of them flagging them down. If I were old, small, and slow, I'd probably wait in the street, too, so I could be sure to catch the damned thing when it finally arrives.

Old 06-22-2018, 09:57 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
There are WAY too many dogs on the sidewalks these days, and they seriously screw with the flow of pedestrian traffic, especially when the humans walking them have them on long leashes. You have to decide whether to bump into the human, take your chances with the dog that looks like it's ready to take a bite our of your ankle, or deal with the trip wire connecting the two. Or walk all the way out into the street to avoid the whole mess. And that's not even to mention what happens when a dog is stopping to sniff every single tree, post, or fire hydrant, or encounters another dog.

I would imagine that most of these people have had an experience of missing the bus because they are old, slow, and small, and therefore unable to jump up and flag down the driver by the time he reaches the stop. Then they had to wait another 14-30 minutes, possibly in harsh weather, for the next bus. There are some drivers, though they may be a minority, who will look for any excuse to not stop if there is not a clearly intended passenger right in front of them flagging them down. If I were old, small, and slow, I'd probably wait in the street, too, so I could be sure to catch the damned thing when it finally arrives.
The problem is that they are standing in traffic, risking to be run over.

Old 06-23-2018, 08:41 AM

when you are shopping and they ask if you need bags. If i forget my bags I will let you know. If I am standing there with no bags I probablly need bags no need to ask I am not going to be offended that I have to pay 10 cents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago