Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2018, 10:42 PM

329 posts, read 459,889 times

Advertisements

Hi Orcateeth-good to know! We are on a tight budget but we’ll keep that in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2018, 07:20 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,951,013 times
I can't think of any reason this needs to be any issue, and why people are suggesting parking near Trader Joe's (???), that makes absolutely no sense.

Here is what you need to do....Park on the street, and put a sticker on your car. That's it, end of story, close thread.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:37 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
I can't think of any reason this needs to be any issue, and why people are suggesting parking near Trader Joe's (???), that makes absolutely no sense.

Here is what you need to do....Park on the street, and put a sticker on your car. That's it, end of story, close thread.
No to parking by TJ’s, of course!

OTOH, a weekly rate/fixed space may be easier if they need to come and go while here. YMMV

Old 11-02-2018, 07:43 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,182,136 times
Quote:

I think you missed where I was pushing that over parking by Trader Joe's. The OP originally brought that up, so I was addressing that question. If they want to pay $0 instead of reimbursing a relative $8, that's their choice. They also need the relative to order the stickers. There's plenty of time for that, but if their relative fails to order the stickers, an alternative exists. You can't put a non-existent sticker on your car. They stated their relative just moved to the north side, so maybe they just learned about the stickers, and maybe their relative knew nothing about it.

There's no reason to pay $73-$115 on Spot Hero, though.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM

329 posts, read 459,889 times
sorry I wasn’t specific enough. i don’t think our family is going to have time for the sticker he travels a lot and just is not home much.
we just want a free spot that we can park at and leave our car for about a week. we are not planning to drive around the city-will be walking in the city. thank you and I apologize for the confusion.

Old 11-02-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusillirob1983 View Post
I think you missed where I was pushing that over parking by Trader Joe's. The OP originally brought that up, so I was addressing that question. If they want to pay $0 instead of reimbursing a relative $8, that's their choice. They also need the relative to order the stickers. There's plenty of time for that, but if their relative fails to order the stickers, an alternative exists. You can't put a non-existent sticker on your car. They stated their relative just moved to the north side, so maybe they just learned about the stickers, and maybe their relative knew nothing about it.

There's no reason to pay $73-$115 on Spot Hero, though.
There is no "ordering the stickers"...walk into the aldermans office, and walk out with stickers. It takes 3 minutes.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
There is no "ordering the stickers"...walk into the aldermans office, and walk out with stickers. It takes 3 minutes.
You can order them online or in the aldermans office, unless I posted an imaginary link earlier. Considering the OP said their relative just moved to the neighborhood, I don’t know why providing a link to order online is so terrible. When I lived around there I was in a similar situation as their relative. I wasn’t home much, so often I didn’t have the opportunity to walk in the aldermans office.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
You can order them online or in the aldermans office, unless I posted an imaginary link earlier. Considering the OP said their relative just moved to the neighborhood, I don’t know why providing a link to order online is so terrible. When I lived around there I was in a similar situation as their relative. I wasn’t home much, so often I didn’t have the opportunity to walk in the aldermans office.
Sure, but if timing is the issue...why would one order the stickers online? I don't know what just moving to the neighborhood has to do with anything. Walk into the Aldermans office and buy the stickers. If that can't be done by 11/22 (3 weeks from now) then I don't know what to say.

Old 11-02-2018, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Sure, but if timing is the issue...why would one order the stickers online? I don't know what just moving to the neighborhood has to do with anything. Walk into the Aldermans office and buy the stickers. If that can't be done by 11/22 (3 weeks from now) then I don't know what to say.
https://www.44thward.org/contact/
Depending on one’s job, or if they travel a lot, it is very likely possible to not make it to the alderman’s office when it’s open. That’s why I typically would order online.

Just moving to the neighborhood: perhaps the OP’s relative never had to look into this before or didn’t know guest passes existed because they just moved to the neighborhood.

Sending a relative a link and asking them to purchase remotely might be easier than asking them to visit the alderman's office when they’re not home much. That said, going to the office is an option if the person's home. Why limit someone’s options or give less information?

Last edited by fusillirob1983; 11-02-2018 at 12:05 PM..

Old 11-02-2018, 05:49 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,253,056 times
Quote:
https://www.44thward.org/contact/
Depending on one’s job, or if they travel a lot, it is very likely possible to not make it to the alderman’s office when it’s open. That’s why I typically would order online.

Just moving to the neighborhood: perhaps the OP’s relative never had to look into this before or didn’t know guest passes existed because they just moved to the neighborhood.

Sending a relative a link and asking them to purchase remotely might be easier than asking them to visit the alderman's office when they’re not home much. That said, going to the office is an option if the person's home. Why limit someone’s options or give less information?
This. Exactly.

Besides, who has time these days to run to a politician’s office(?) Don’t people order via Amazon and order food online for delivery(?)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago