Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately the delays northwest of the Addison stop are full-time, not just during off-peak. It's the portions southeast of California that are supposedly fixed but still run at partial speed anyway during off-peak hours. It's kind of infuriating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 1,312 times
Hi, Im in the same situation, so far the best location is in Jefferson Park starting $900.00 for 2 rooms apartment. I would like to move in with a roomate.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:29 AM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,678 times
That sounds like a good deal. Since this thread started work on the Blue Line has pretty much wrapped up and the trains run from O'Hare to downtown pretty quickly. If you want to be closer to nightlife you could look at places between Logan Square and Division stops and be able to get out to O'Hare pretty quickly.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:42 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,609,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V109 View Post
Hi, Im in the same situation, so far the best location is in Jefferson Park starting $900.00 for 2 rooms apartment. I would like to move in with a roomate.
You can find way cheaper than that in Jefferson Park.

Old 10-31-2010, 01:58 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
You can find way cheaper than that in Jefferson Park.
If by "2 rooms" he means 2 bedrooms... not really. $850 is the starting range for a 2-bedroom up there, and the ones you find in that range are of questionable quality.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:18 AM

4 posts, read 4,499 times
Smile Apartments for Flight Attendants around Chicago

Hello,

Been living here all my life. I was a flight attendant here too. Schiller Park is a great location. You can take Uber over to the airport and it wouldn't cost you much. If you have a car the airline will get you a pass to park in the employee lot. Jefferson Park, good but expensive. Elmwood Park is also good location. It's very congested though in the summer. Norridge Park is another great location. If going to the airport from these locations never get on the expressway. It may take a minute. There are some back ways to get to the airport like taking Foster from Harlem Ave. I would take blue line (slow) or Uber from any of those locations. You can also consider Rosemont, IL. That's right on the airfield damn near. Rent's are higher Rosemont is next door to Schiller Park. Bensonville is just okay. Don't like the neighborhood, you can't walk to anything there. The cost for a nice apartment in these locations are around $800 +. Those lower cost prices on rents you see on Craigslist are all in questionable Chiraq neighborhoods. Shoot em up bang-bang, robberies, gang infested. If the rent is under 700 you don't want to live there. Avoid them. Downtown is too congested and too far away from O'hare. Lincoln Park too far out from airport. Unless you have a car and its still risky. Chicago in the summertime is always a congested place. Lots' of construction and tourist during June through September lots of events are going on here. Beware. Good luck.
If you have a question email my at factorytb.5220@gmail.com. No worries I'll try to help.
Miss Tracy

Old 01-29-2016, 10:21 AM

4 posts, read 4,499 times
Angry Avoid Gendrified

It means; "we're trying to change the neighborhood, but give us some time we'll have all these bad folks out of here a soon as we can." Not! Avoid em!

Old 01-29-2016, 11:16 AM

1,769 posts, read 2,104,365 times
Uh oh, sooner or later ChicagoMeO or someone is gonna respond...

Old 01-31-2016, 03:30 AM

6,438 posts, read 6,917,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
I have no idea what NWS in mind by suggesting there is "hard core ghetto" on the Blue Line to Ohare -- simply not the case. I won't dispute the assertion that the patch near say Racine & Grand is the roughest area close to the Blue Line...
Racine and Grand is not too bad. I like the area, with its dance clubs and artists' lofts. He or she meant west of Racine on the west branch of the Blue Line, that is, on Congress west of Racine; the hardcore ghetto starts west of Western, not too far away from there.

Old 01-31-2016, 07:15 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Original post is from 2008.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago