U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 09:42 AM

73 posts, read 14,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Sprintbox, I believe you saw my post on: where would be the dividing line to stay away from traffic, as much as possible?

Most seemed to agree with me that ideally it is best to stay north of Montrose... One of our colleagues said it would be even better to be north of Foster Avenue... Hey, in Chicago, ONE MILE difference can be a HUGE difference, as you all know!

But yes, for me, if I were to move into the city, I would use Montrose as my southern border, since I would definitely consider Lincoln Square or Mayfair neighborhoods.

I'm used to being around Belmont. Foster is too far north for me, although I did hang a lot on Gunnison.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 09:56 AM

2,801 posts, read 1,100,376 times
Sprintbox, Foster is too far north???

Ahhh, I misunderstood your description, when you said you would prefer the "Northwest" side of Chicago, then.

For me, Northwest would be Edison Park and Norwood Park, which I know are north of Belmont Avenue.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Sprintbox, Foster is too far north???

Ahhh, I misunderstood your description, when you said you would prefer the "Northwest" side of Chicago, then.

For me, Northwest would be Edison Park and Norwood Park, which I know are north of Belmont Avenue.

Yeah it's a bit open to interpretation. I did date a lady from Edison Park.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:18 AM

Sprintbox, I myself had been unfamiliar with territory west of Cicero Avenue for so many years!! We always exited from I94 to Cicero Avenue and would either go south OR east, when we wanted to see the city.

And so I went ahead on my own, and started doing some exploring to "go west", several years ago, and am I glad I did!

I am a fan of Galewood, Dunning, Norwood Park, and Edison Park, for examples!

I was sad that Don Juan had to close in Edison Park, but they are opening very close by in Park Ridge.

And I was sad when Armand's closed, but a ton of people are saying Pizza Boy is very good.

So yes, I vote for Edison Park for a city-data.com chat, and a cup of vino, or a good Italian coffee!

Old 04-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Sprintbox, I myself had been unfamiliar with territory west of Cicero Avenue for so many years!! We always exited from I94 to Cicero Avenue and would either go south OR east, when we wanted to see the city.

And so I went ahead on my own, and started doing some exploring to "go west", several years ago, and am I glad I did!

I am a fan of Galewood, Dunning, Norwood Park, and Edison Park, for examples!

I was sad that Don Juan had to close in Edison Park, but they are opening very close by in Park Ridge.

And I was sad when Armand's closed, but a ton of people are saying Pizza Boy is very good.

So yes, I vote for Edison Park for a city-data.com chat, and a cup of vino, or a good Italian coffee!

Armand's was a staple in Elmwood Park. Miss that place.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:54 AM

Sprintbox, did you mean EDISON Park?

Or did the one on North Avenue in Elmwood Park close, too??

Old 04-01-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Sprintbox, did you mean EDISON Park?

Or did the one on North Avenue in Elmwood Park close, too??

Elmwood Park. It was on Grand Ave near Harlem for years and years. Place was wired too. Conversations were entered into the Family Secrets trial.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:03 AM

It moved as basically a carryout place in North avenue but everyone knows from the old hood the Grand avenue Place only.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:13 AM

SprintBox, the last I saw, North Avenue had a few tables in there as well. I went with the kids a couple of times.

Edison Park was always our favorite!

Old 04-01-2021, 11:16 AM

Quote:
SprintBox, the last I saw, North Avenue had a few tables in there as well. I went with the kids a couple of times.

Edison Park was always our favorite!
The Grand avenue location was the one to be at. It had a nice bar in there as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago