U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 11:24 AM

2,801 posts, read 1,100,376 times

Advertisements

SprintBox, I can dig it.

I know the North Avenue has an attached bar. Never went in there, though.

Only Italian places I've had on Harlem was Amatos Pizza a few years ago with the kids, and I took my dad this year to Bar Tucci.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2021, 11:26 AM

73 posts, read 14,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
SprintBox, I can dig it.

I know the North Avenue has an attached bar. Never went in there, though.

Only Italian places I've had on Harlem was Amatos Pizza a few years ago with the kids, and I took my dad this year to Bar Tucci.

Yeah the North avenue location was like a satellite. It was nothing compared to the Armand's on Grand. That place was right next door to Biancalana's banquet hall and there's a lot of history in that area on Grand and Harlem.

Old 04-01-2021, 11:41 AM

Sprintbox, I definitely missed out on the "good ol' years" in Elmwood Park.

I've read many books, and did the Family Secrets tour a couple of years ago!

Old 04-01-2021, 11:58 AM

73 posts, read 14,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Sprintbox, I definitely missed out on the "good ol' years" in Elmwood Park.

I've read many books, and did the Family Secrets tour a couple of years ago!

I was actually at the trial. Message me.

Old 04-15-2021, 07:29 AM

5 posts, read 1,260 times
I've lived in Mt. Greenwood my whole life. It's a great area, the people are very friendly and very pro police. CTA here sucks, but the metra is a mile away in Beverly. If you want more info, message me

Old 04-15-2021, 09:19 AM

imbroke2002, yes I understand your neighborhood of Mt. Greenwood is probably one of THE safest parts of Chicagoland, that far to the south.

I know Beverly is known for having some very beautiful homes and spacious lots. Is Mt. Greenwood similar, given they are neighbors?

Old 04-15-2021, 05:47 PM

403 posts, read 489,382 times
I applied for jobs at high schools near the following locations: Jefferson Park; Humboldt Park; and Wood Street west of the Loop. Are they safe areas? I would be moving from DFW Texas to be closer to my family in Missouri.

Old 04-17-2021, 10:03 AM

474 posts, read 303,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiNerd1 View Post
I applied for jobs at high schools near the following locations: Jefferson Park; Humboldt Park; and Wood Street west of the Loop. Are they safe areas? I would be moving from DFW Texas to be closer to my family in Missouri.
You would never be a victim of crime in Jefferson Park. Wood street is probably the priciest of these. Humboldt Park varies a lot.. where in Humboldt? the area is getting much much nicer, pretty rapidly, but east of the park is significantly safer than west of the park.

Old Today, 06:48 AM

5 posts, read 1,260 times
Beverly has the huge mansions on Longwood Drive. Beverly has more older houses that are overprice IMHO. Mt Greenwood will always be working class folks, a lot of them are City of Chicago employees who have to live here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago