Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2019, 02:41 PM

600 posts, read 2,090,317 times

Advertisements

Hello all:

I am visiting Chicago-land this month and I'm staying in Arlington Heights.

1. I plan on going on Stubhub and going to see a Sox evening game. Ubering there will be easy enough (I do not have a car). Is there a place at the stadium where I can call up an Uber to return to my hotel? Is there a taxi stand that will take credit cards and will go to Arlington Heights.

Also, I've heard that the 'hood around the stadium is not one to explore, especially at night. True?

2. Also looking for steakhouse recommendations anywhere in Chicago area. I am especially partial to the bone-in ribeye

Thanks in advance, everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2019, 03:01 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
Hello all:

1. I plan on going on Stubhub and going to see a Sox evening game. Ubering there will be easy enough (I do not have a car). Is there a place at the stadium where I can call up an Uber to return to my hotel? Is there a taxi stand that will take credit cards and will go to Arlington Heights.

Also, I've heard that the 'hood around the stadium is not one to explore, especially at night. True?

2. Also looking for steakhouse recommendations anywhere in Chicago area. I am especially partial to the bone-in ribeye

For #2, I always take my out-of-town guests to Gibson’s Steakhouse in the Gold Coast for the great steaks, location, and ambience. They have all loved it. Just come with a full appetite. The desserts are great too.

Old 07-12-2019, 03:06 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,768,770 times
I remember when looking out past the scoreboard you would see projects as far as the eye could see. Bridgeport is fine. There was the Gardens just south of the stadium but they may be empty now.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:49 AM

2,568 posts, read 2,516,469 times
Uber pickup is in Lot A. Just look for the pickup zone.

The area is fine, just use common sense. But you will find most people dont hang around for long after game as entertainment locations are not a prevelant as the Wrigley area.

For steak Gibsons, Bavettes, Smith and Wollenskys, Chicago Cut, Mortons.....you have plenty of choices.

Old 07-14-2019, 03:05 PM

884 posts, read 622,450 times
I can recommend Steak 48 as a great steak house. It's located on Wabash Ave., just north of Ohio St. in River North area.

This restaurant is operated by the Mastro family, who also own a fantastic steak house which uses their family name.

Steak 48 offers classic steak house fare and includes a large selection of seafood. The restaurant is divided into a number of different rooms, each with its own atmosphere.

Be prepared to spend about $80-90 per person, plus drinks.

Bon appetite.

Old 07-15-2019, 03:34 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,102,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes927 View Post
Hello all:

Arlington heights to Sox park at rush hour? Bad idea. Look up the metra schedule, take metra into city, then CTA green line to 35th. Besides the money, you’ll save time, even with the transfer.

On the way home, Uber from lot A.

The neighborhood’s fine, but they built the park in the early 90s and Reinsdorf chose the “isolate the park from the city with a sea of parking lots” approach. If you want to have a drink or two after the game, walk a few blocks north to cork and Kerry’s or Turtles on 33rd (you just walk through a parking lot and neighborhood baseball field to get there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago