Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 04:44 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipkl07 View Post
They need to go by on time arrivals and departures, convenience in and out of the airport with public transit options available. Decent food options are nice, but has little to do with how many people would rate an airport. Airport trans has been out of commission at O'hare for awhile now, as they use buses to carry people between Terminals and to economy parking is complete garbage. They are over crowded and you have to sometimes wait for another bus as there's to many people waiting. One bus came every 20 to 30 minutes to take us to economy parking from terminal 2. If anything O'hare should be rated the worst airport. It's anything but convenient. Midway is the only good airport Chicago has going for it. O'hare should be dead last with midway at number 30. I think they got their airports mixed up....
And cleanliness......Airports are one of the most disgusting, germ-filled places out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2019, 09:33 PM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times
LaGuardia WAS the worst by far but the new United terminal there is insane. Midway and O'Hare are both lacking in amenities. Take a trip through Newark or LGA's terminals and you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of Midway...all of us need to look to Hong Kong protests shutting down the airport there for real change and do the exact same thing at Midway airport until Madigan resigns.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:29 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post
Anyone who actually argues that must not travel often. In no way is Midway the worst.
+1. Has anyone been to New Orleans, Orlando, or Austin for example? Jeez.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:32 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,665,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
LaGuardia WAS the worst by far but the new United terminal there is insane. Midway and O'Hare are both lacking in amenities. Take a trip through Newark or LGA's terminals and you'll see what I mean.

Speaking of Midway...all of us need to look to Hong Kong protests shutting down the airport there for real change and do the exact same thing at Midway airport until Madigan resigns.
It can take hours to get out of LaGuardia. Who cares if the terminals are nice of transport out is awful due to construction. There is no public transport and all the other options take a long time and/or are expensive.

Old 08-13-2019, 10:46 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
I could care less about an airport, just make sure my flight is out on time. Good options isn’t a big deal to me, I can wait to eat when I get where I’m going and my flight is on time!

Old 08-13-2019, 06:17 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,401,952 times
Midway is a convenient airport, but it's really nothing special, and yes the food there is terrible and overpriced. Other than that, I definitely wouldn't say it's the worst out their, that's insane. New Orleans, Newark, and Kansas City (though KC is getting a brand new terminal), debatably even LAX are worse than Midway. It's just a mediocre small airport.

Honestly though, I think people are exaggerating the problems with O'Hare. In the past, I agree, I had several nightmare flights through there. But recently, the security has actually flowed much better in my recent experience and on my most recent few trips there, zero delays either. I wonder if that has something to do with the altering of the runways they've been doing there, or who knows, maybe I was just lucky lol. Also, I hope the $8 billion terminal expansion there will make things work better than they do now. I'm sure though it will be terrible during construction.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
I've never been inside Midway Airport, and I hate my cheap north side friends who ask me for rides there.

It is the opposite of convenient to me.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:39 AM

1,080 posts, read 836,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I've never been inside Midway Airport, and I hate my cheap north side friends who ask me for rides there.

It is the opposite of convenient to me.
Ha. No airport is convenient if you never use it and have to take other people there instead.

Old 08-14-2019, 08:31 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,178,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylarkPhotoBooth View Post
Ha. No airport is convenient if you never use it and have to take other people there instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0siRMEEY8rc

"I'm not driving him to the airport!"

Old 08-14-2019, 09:15 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,473,283 times
If you are stranded at an airport...food options are important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago