Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 08:22 PM

4,630 posts, read 3,242,892 times

Advertisements

damba, how dare you!!!.... actually I spent very little time in police presence. I did take a billy club in the gut at age 14 for running from an officer, after curfew....My last contact was probably when I was 19, and almost died in a gang fight. By about age 21 I put that all behind me. I was unique because I was a street hoodlum, and a college student. Not too many of those that I saw. In any event, all those experiences, my schooling, and martial arts training is what led me to help others try to avoid that path AND to help people being victimized. If we ever meet, however, you owe ME a Negra Modelo o una Tecate, mi amigo! Saludos El maestro Jayme de Milwaukee
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 08:27 PM

381 posts, read 348,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Nope, thank goodness. No CCW allowed on CTA or Metra. What a disaster that could be.
I carry my gun on the CTA.

Old 10-17-2019, 08:34 PM

Chicago_Person, youre referring to your arm muscles??? I am not familiar with Chicago laws on weapons. I do not own any type of FOID permit. But you wouldnt admit to that in a public forum, if it is against the law, as a couple of others indicated... True??? ... that said, my hands and feet are lethal weapons. Luckily I dont have to register them Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 10-17-2019, 08:40 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,247,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Person View Post
I carry my gun on the CTA.
This may explain quite a lot.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:40 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Curly Q. Bobalink, THANK YOU for stepping in to help that lady, when you did! As far as her going back, it's not your fault she chose to remain in a toxic and dangerous relationship. I hope she realized that the moment you were there, you very well saved her life! What she chose to do after that is her chosen destiny, then. But thank you, Sir, for helping her when YOU had the chance!.. In Wisconsin, I have a CCW license, but it is really because I transport swords, knives, and nunchakus... As far as the L train case goes, whatever happens to him is HIS destiny. It could be a slap on the wrist OR jail time. We shall see what the judge bestows... Again, Mr. La Pierre is a true hero, for me! Sincerely, Master Jay in Milwaukee
I was as much worried about him (going to jail) as I was her. We grew up as next door neighbors, he was about five years younger than me, maybe 19 at the time. True story:

About six months after that incident, I saw him sitting outside on the tailgate of his truck and walked over, it turned out that he and the same girl had recently broken up, for good. We cracked a can together, he was way down in the dumps. The conversation went like this:

He: "Hey, you own a gun, right? Think I could borrow it?"
Me: "Why would you want a gun, J?"
He: "D and I broke up, and I want to go over to her house, and blow my brains out all over her back porch."
Me: "Why in God's name would you want to do that, J?"
He: "So that every time she leaves her house, she'll see the bloodstains on the concrete, and have to think about what she did to me."
Me: "Why do you want that, J?"
He: "So she'll hurt the same way I do."
Me: "Why do you want to do that to her, J?"
He: "Because I love her."

I tried not to, but I couldn't help but start laughing. I then tried my best to explain the absurdity of hurting someone because "you love them", and how that is the OPPOSITE of what you want for someone you profess to love, and we spoke at length about it. Needless to say, I didn't make the loan. And, he eventually got over it, and married another girl with the same first name, they are still together over thirty years later, with several kids.

But I'll never forget, "Because I love her". People sure are strange ducks.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:14 AM

2,041 posts, read 1,520,165 times
Does this kind of bull**** happen in New York? Chicago actually has the second largest police force in the country, slightly bigger than LA's, but honestly I think there has to be more patrols in risky neighborhoods, and more protection on public transportation.

Old 10-18-2019, 05:29 AM

Curly Q. Bobalink, THAT was an incredible story! And thank you for sharing. Having worked in mental health service for many years, your story you shared is unfortunately a common one. You were INDEED an advocate for both people involved, and I salute you, Sir! You are right: one can not love someone and then at the same time wish that they have a constant painful memory!... It sounds like he was an emotional wreck to say the least. I only hope that the woman involved finally was able to love her SELF and find a mate that treated her properly. Also, I'm glad that he seems to have found the balance he needed in his own soul to hopefully have a better relationship. It sounds like it!.. Thanks again for sharing, and have a great day!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 10-18-2019, 05:34 AM

KoNgFooCj, good morning! Ironic when you mention having protection on public transportation. It made me think of a posting I placed earlier this week when I approached a man on the Red Line. He was wearing a Security outfit, and I thought he worked for CTA... I made the mistake to tap his shoulder as he walked past me, to inquire on another train. And then HE hit away my arm and got in my face! (I guess I didn't feel so "secure") ,,, but as I mentioned we were able to work it out.... I am old enough to remember when the Guardian Angels were a force that would patrol public transportation in Chicago. Anyone else remember them? They were in Chicago, New York, and we even had a Milwaukee chapter.- Master Jay in Milwaukee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: