Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 12:09 PM

8 posts, read 30,283 times

Advertisements

Hey All;

First time poster, frequent lurker. I thought I would post to share how my girlfriend and I got robbed walking past the old quarry on 29th St. Two people hopped out of McGuane park and approached us. One of the men held a gun to my head and demanded our money and cell phones. After they took what they wanted they told us to walk away and they ran into the quarry. I've lived in Bridgeport for quite some time and never have ever felt in danger in the area. Granted it was night time and probably wasn't the smartest idea to be walking around outside. Anyways, I've seemed to notice that the quarry is starting to become a breeding ground for crime. Those that live in the area, please be careful. We're lucky that the only thing lost was my wallet and phone. We're both ok, thank God.

Old 05-02-2010, 11:13 PM

648 posts, read 1,175,288 times
So.. now discussing the facts about a robbery is called 'profiling'...?? As usual, let's everyone avoid reality here..... we don't want to offend the criminals, do we...

Old 05-02-2010, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opalminor View Post
So.. now discussing the facts about a robbery is called 'profiling'...?? As usual, let's everyone avoid reality here..... we don't want to offend the criminals, do we...
Not avoiding reality, I just know that many people can't handle certain facts without turning a subject into a royal pissing match. Even though I've attempted to leave those certain details aside, people are still trying to start a brawl over details that are non existent as of now.

This will be my last post on this topic (and possibly these forums) unless things take a different direction. I've said all that I've wanted to say.

Have fun guys.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:00 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik29 View Post
Hey All;

First time poster, frequent lurker. I thought I would post to share how my girlfriend and I got robbed walking past the old quarry on 29th St. Two people hopped out of McGuane park and approached us. One of the men held a gun to my head and demanded our money and cell phones. After they took what they wanted they told us to walk away and they ran into the quarry. I've lived in Bridgeport for quite some time and never have ever felt in danger in the area. Granted it was night time and probably wasn't the smartest idea to be walking around outside. Anyways, I've seemed to notice that the quarry is starting to become a breeding ground for crime. Those that live in the area, please be careful. We're lucky that the only thing lost was my wallet and phone. We're both ok, thank God.
What time did this happen at? I live about a block from there. Scary stuff.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Rothstein View Post
What time did this happen at? I live about a block from there. Scary stuff.
9:45PM, Saturday night. Yeah, I don't live far from there either. It certainly was an eye opening experience. The cops were pretty surprised that it happened. They said that area is normally very quiet. Be careful man.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:07 AM

That's always my go to parking area on 29th right there when the blocks around the house are filled up. You can always find a parking spot on 29th between the parks.

That's also not that late to be walking around right there.

Old 05-03-2010, 01:19 PM

2,394 posts, read 4,088,598 times
Quote:
Hey All;
Granted it was night time and probably wasn't the smartest idea to be walking around outside.
If the answer to the question "Is it safe to walk around at night?" is no, then the quality of life in that location is too low.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadedWest View Post
If the answer to the question "Is it safe to walk around at night?" is no, then the quality of life in that location is too low.
I'm hoping it's an isolated incident as I've been there 30 years and nothing like this has happen to me or anyone I've known. I've walked around Bridgeport at all hours of the day and the worst thing that has happened is someone yelling at me out their car window.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:52 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,811,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerPlayer1 View Post
None anymore. Maybe a few on the extreme NW Side.
That's where Edison Park is. Can't get much more northwest than that.

Old 05-04-2010, 09:56 PM

20 posts, read 43,630 times
Quote:
Hey All;

sorry to hear that man, im glad you are OK. I live really close to there.

Did you file a police report? Can you describe the attackers?

stay safe bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: