Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 03:30 PM

2 posts, read 1,649 times

Advertisements

I received a Determination letter in the mail today and I cannot tell if I've qualified for benefits or not. I was only at my current job for 3 weeks before the mandatory shutdowns put me out of work, and quit my previous job due to an extremely hostile work environment. It says "Allow Effective 03/22/2020-12/31/9999", but it's not clear whether they allowed me eligibility or allowed the statute to deny my eligibility. Any help is greatly appreciated, I can't get through to anyone in the IDES office and I haven't been able to certify since I applied.

This is verbatim from the letter:

The following determination has been made in connection with the claim for unemployment insurance benefits.

Based on all the determinations regarding your claim, you are eligible for benefits as long as you meet the eligibility requirements.

Please read each determination carefully as it may include benefits reductions.

Issue 009 601A - Voluntary leaving
Allow Effective 03/22/2020 - 12/31/9999
Did the claimant voluntarily leave employment? The evidence shows that the claimant was subjected to unprofessional treatment. The management and employees showed disrespect for him and each other with constant arguments with profanity laced comments. He was working in a hostile and toxic atmosphere to the point it affected his work.

FOR INFORMATION REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS UNDER ILLINOIS LAW..... etc

If you require further details concerning the information in this letter, please contact the Agency at the phone number listed above.

Please see appeal rights listed below and additional information regarding this determination.

009 601A - Voluntary Leaving - 820 ILCS 405/601A Provides that an individual shall be ineligible for benefits for the weeks in which he has left work voluntarily without good cause attributable to the employing unit and, thereafter, until he has become reemployed and has had earnings equal to or in excess of his current weekly benefit amount in each of four calendar weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2020, 12:30 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
It sounds like you are eligible for benefits for that time period. When they reviewed your file, they saw that you voluntarily left and they provided the law that addresses voluntary leaving. but it says in the paragraph that you were treated horribly so that you had good reason to leave voluntarily and that justifies you leaving and deserving benefits for that time period. It may not be much money, but you still are entitled to it, based on the rule and your reason for leaving. In other words, good news for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago