Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2020, 12:01 PM

1,803 posts, read 918,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNQ20 View Post
Get used to this Chicago.

Now that we've all seen blue progressive leadership failure on all levels, complete with not backing but attacking their own police departments, word is out: police are on the defense and the criminal element is on the offense.

This whole social workers in lieu of cops nonsense as much as it sounds like it's coming from a junior high civics class, it's coming from actua adults, many with advanced degrees. Book smart does not equal street smart.
You are going thru threads from especially the Philly forum to Cleveland to the Chicago forum as most likely from the region of Philadelphia and my state of PA or NJ? I am not sure why they are letting you tell them in this forum all about their city and keeping these threads going on all political Rhetoric.

They certainly can mock the city of Chicago in Chicagoland politically themselves. These threads in City forums IMO have gone rogue by turning them into Political threads and seems all goes but the use of the term crime.

Telling Chicagoans to get use to it is not your place. In most forums outsiders going rogue negative are not stood for in City forums for locals. Though I always see any poster can give one a reason to reply and a forum stay more active. But some go to a extreme in bias and rhetoric as a outsider that goes overboard.

There are anti-Chicago threads in the Political and Controversy forum going. You could do all the dirt you want there. What they usually do in the Philadelphia forum is -- once they know you are a outsider with one intent? To lessen and demean their city. You usually get labeled and replies get less and less.
Quote:
Well, it can't be police brutality because white folks are running and in charge of that for the black community. White folks also in charge of ''erasing'' symbols of racism for black people

Expect a new surge of white guilt enabling $$ hand-outs from individuals to corporations. Won't fix anything of course as it never did before. Good publicity and lots of photo ops for these white do-gooders though.

Wouldn't think it could be black-on-black crime, especially males, because no one cares about that. City hands out $$ to community organizers/activists to line their own pockets to interrupt violence. Black crime manipulated by members of the black community groups for, of course, money.

Philly up to 176 homicides as of yesterday.

Another teenager clinging to life today; shot earlier this a.m.

Meanwhile white virtue signaling protesters marching again today in Philly to end police brutality and ''racism''.
This being your latest post in the Philly forum. Pulling such a card is extreme IMO. Show full intent by race. Some things go far for a city forum. But seems this current era has it allowed and so many are just like if they were in the Political And Controversies forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2020, 12:04 PM

108 posts, read 43,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
LNQ20, good day. You have read my posts. I am openminded, but I will hold strong to my beliefs and values.
I fear nothing nor no one, should thdy choose to challenge me or engage me in conversation.
I appreciate your heads up. Believe me, my head IS up!
post wasn't meant to be instructive so much, more about what's happening out there to people promoting ALM, which is of course the essence of humanity.

Lots of people unfortunately die in police encounters; most justified, some not; intentional even less but can happen.

Mob rule is always dangerous, especially when it's done by remote, detached social media.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:08 PM

4,844 posts, read 2,954,269 times
Quote:
Be careful using that ALM slogan. Saying this could get you in real trouble. The social media mob is always waiting for its next victims. ALM is racist.
In that case, there will be a sign making project for the front lawn:

A=All
L=Lives
M=Matter

For a group to exclude everyone in this is setting themselves up for failure, a wash and rinse from the 1960's will be the only result.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
You are going thru threads from especially the Philly forum to Cleveland to the Chicago forum as most likely from the region of Philadelphia and my state of PA or NJ? I am not sure why they are letting you tell them in this forum all about their city and keeping these threads going on all political Rhetoric.

They certainly can mock the city of Chicago in Chicagoland politically themselves. These threads in City forums IMO have gone rogue by turning them into Political threads and seems all goes but the use of the term crime.

Telling Chicagoans to get use to it is not your place. In most forums outsiders going rogue negative are not stood for in City forums for locals. Though I always see any poster can give one a reason to reply and a forum stay more active. But some go to a extreme in bias and rhetoric as a outsider that goes overboard.

There are anti-Chicago threads in the Political and Controversy forum going. You could do all the dirt you want there. What they usually do in the Philadelphia forum is -- once they know you are a outsider with one intent? To lessen and demean their city. You usually get labeled and replies get less and less.

This being your latest post in the Philly forum. Pulling such a card is extreme IMO. Show full intent by race. Some things go far for a city forum. But seems this current era has it allowed and so many are just like if they were in the Political And Controversies forum.
Your emotional conclusions are incorrect. Sorry. So now responding to post about Chicago's record 18 homicides in 24 hours needs to be moved to another thread. Tell that to the poster posting this disturbing news.

Have connections and a foot in both Cleveland and Chicago as well. 18 homicides in 24 hours record. Such an accomplishment in Chicago, it's a record there.

Philly homicides up 30% year to date over last year. Cleveland is up 55% year to date.

Unfortunately, I have to go to Chicago and Cleveland as well as live in Philly. What a trifecta nightmare! I have to be in Chicago for a week in July...ugh.

Keep up the good work U of C alum Lori Lightfoot and Kim Foxx, most famous for her magical powers making Juicy Smollett records disappear in a poof. Foxx can always fall back on her magic act given she's an inept attorney.

Last edited by LNQ20; 06-09-2020 at 12:20 PM..

Old 06-09-2020, 12:24 PM

1,803 posts, read 918,992 times
Quote:
Your emotional conclusions are incorrect. Sorry.

Have connections in both Cleveland and Chicago as well. 18 homicides in 24 hours record. Such an accomplishment in Chicago, it's a record there.

Philly homicides up 30% year to date over last year. Cleveland is up 55% year to date.

Unfortunately, I have to go to Chicago and Cleveland as well as live in Philly. What a trifecta nightmare! I have to be in Chicago for a week in July...ugh.

Keep up the good work U of C alum Lori Lightfoot and Kim Foxx, most famous for her magical powers making Juicy Smollett records disappear in a poof. Foxx can always fall back on her magic act given she's an inept attorney.
I'd love to be in Chicago week of July 4th and to say it as if you loathe this city is extremism sorry. I do realize the city will not be fully recovered but it is a large city and downtown will bounce back. I for one wish you did not have to visit a city your time there will be torture and endure a city you abhor, even for a visit on business. Also I hate how so many city forums are all about extreme political views. I sure hope this era ends and we move forward as a Nation and realize our cities define our Nation especially. The turmoil of the late 60s did come to a moderation and more dormant period. Sadly, our under-class grew and our cities renewal was far too uneven. This is the result this past week thru now.

To you there is no hope and what you expect is doom and gloom. I hope not. At least you are demeaning all 3 of these cities equally. Just to me it gets old. I want Chicago and the others to recover and some hope and improvements can come out of this turmoil.

We cannot lead the world if we fail at this. You seem to say we will fail. Sad indeed. All 3 of these cities were worst in crime in the 80s 90s.

This too shall end. I hope so or we will fail as a empire as some call it.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:51 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,156,420 times
I'm happy to say I made my first trip to Illinois yesterday, in almost 3 months! I went to Gurnee, and wanted to celebrate by helping your economy by getting dinner nearby... all to find out that no restaurants were having customers yet! :/

So I went to Texas Roadhouse in Kenosha, and there sure were a lot of Illinois plates!

Well I will now start making my way down to Chicago, including a bicycle trip with my Milwaukee peoples on June 27th!

And LNQ20, I'm jealous that you get to spend a whole week in Chicago in July. Feel free to reach out to inquire on some good dining and entertainment ideas. I feel that there will be more freedom of things to do (unless all this social Un-distancing by many without masks does a number on the COVID situation).

Trust me! Many Milwaukeeans hold an anti-Chicago sentiment. But I have more positive experience stories to counter anything negative they may describe.

Old 06-09-2020, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
I'd love to be in Chicago week of July 4th and to say it as if you loathe this city is extremism sorry. I do realize the city will not be fully recovered but it is a large city and downtown will bounce back. I for one wish you did not have to visit a city your time there will be torture and endure a city you abhor, even for a visit on business. Also I hate how so many city forums are all about extreme political views. I sure hope this era ends and we move forward as a Nation and realize our cities define our Nation especially. The turmoil of the late 60s did come to a moderation and more dormant period. Sadly, our under-class grew and our cities renewal was far too uneven. This is the result this past week thru now.

To you there is no hope and what you expect is doom and gloom. I hope not. At least you are demeaning all 3 of these cities equally. Just to me it gets old. I want Chicago and the others to recover and some hope and improvements can come out of this turmoil.

We cannot lead the world if we fail at this. You seem to say we will fail. Sad indeed. All 3 of these cities were worst in crime in the 80s 90s.

This too shall end. I hope so or we will fail as a empire as some call it.
First off, you can always not read my posts. Free will.

Secondly, the topic is Lori Lightfoot. A politician.

What's disappointing to me and even more ominous than the firestorm of the '60s, which today is not comparable to, is the lack of real leadership in these cities. I'll give CLE mayor some kudos for flat out saying he's not doing any police defunding, but CLE isn't, fortunately. caught up in this progressive nonsense. CLE mayor is old school and knows the real deal, he's street smart and book smart. Unlike Lori Lightfoot, she's just book smart. Foxx? Self-centered opportunist.

There's always hope of course but the lack of local control and leadership is an ominous sign going forward. Entire cities were at the mercy of looting mobs.

The '60s turmoil did end but the cities caught up in the urban turmoil saw decades of decline from the unrest and the parallel national industrial decline. The '60s riots were largely contained to the ghettos. Last week was city-wide in the big cities. CLE damage limited to downtown largely because it's slim pickings in most of the 'hoods there retail wise. Macy's State Street, Michigan Ave looted. Didn't happen in the '60s.

Today, unlike the '60s, local leadership is not supporting and backing up the police depts. Not to say cops are perfect and of course the bad elements need to be weeded out, but the mayor-police animosity isn't good. The bad elements see this and will take advantage. Lots of basic human nature going on here.

Also, the widespread looting wasn't anger based related to George Floyd, it was an opportunity to steal and could have easily happened if the Bulls won a championship, just like what happened in the '90s. White, Black, Brown, Asian business owners were attacked and had their businesses looted by these opportunits.

The only real anger seems to be coming from white woke progressives that are gentrifying and pricing out the black community they're simultaneously manipulating for their virtue signaling social do-gooding.

Last edited by LNQ20; 06-09-2020 at 01:06 PM..

Old 06-09-2020, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I'm happy to say I made my first trip to Illinois yesterday, in almost 3 months! I went to Gurnee, and wanted to celebrate by helping your economy by getting dinner nearby... all to find out that no restaurants were having customers yet! :/

So I went to Texas Roadhouse in Kenosha, and there sure were a lot of Illinois plates!

Well I will now start making my way down to Chicago, including a bicycle trip with my Milwaukee peoples on June 27th!

And LNQ20, I'm jealous that you get to spend a whole week in Chicago in July. Feel free to reach out to inquire on some good dining and entertainment ideas. I feel that there will be more freedom of things to do (unless all this social Un-distancing by many without masks does a number on the COVID situation).

Trust me! Many Milwaukeeans hold an anti-Chicago sentiment. But I have more positive experience stories to counter anything negative they may describe.
Thanks for the tips MasterJay, but I'm a former long-term resident of Chicago. Know the city north-south-west, and including the ''east side''.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:01 PM

4,610 posts, read 3,156,420 times
LNQ20, oh I beg your pardon, I was not aware of that. I'm glad to hear you have a lot of memories of all sides of the city.

Despite the bleak situation that we cannot deny does exist in some areas, I try to not let things get me down. It can be difficult, especially when we've seen it first hand and with media seemingly focusing on the negativity.

That said, sometimes it feels good to reflect on all the memories that were great in our lives, no matter how small they may seem... It's like coping with the death of a loved one or a broken relationship.

Any great memories from any of these areas you would like to share? I always appreciate hearing Chicago stories.

Old 06-09-2020, 01:18 PM

289 posts, read 141,408 times
Enjoy Chicago!

Quote:
Distraught Chicago officials complained to Mayor Lori Lightfoot -- as looting and rioting in response to George Floyd’s death swept through the Windy City -- pleading for help and warning that the vulnerable had lost access to food and medicine.
According to a tape obtained by WTTW News of an online conference call among the city’s 50 aldermen and the mayor, one alderman could be heard weeping while others angrily decried what was going on in the city.
CHICAGO MAN ARRESTED FOR SHOOTING, KILLING INNOCENT BYSTANDER AMID LOOTING, POLICE SAY
“My ward is a s--t show,” one alderman says. “They are shooting at the police.”
https://news.wttw.com/2020/06/05/wha...-sorrow-unrest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago