U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 10:25 PM

1,705 posts, read 464,702 times

Advertisements

And she begged Trump not to send the troops in so once again she is not interested in doing anything to stop the violence.
Rate this post positively

Old 07-20-2020, 11:48 PM

13 posts, read 6,665 times
Lightfoot = FAIL but the alternative is just as bad - Preckwinkle.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:49 PM

13 posts, read 6,665 times
Also, we need the Strike Team from 'The Shield' to beat some heads in.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:52 PM

6,325 posts, read 2,528,586 times
Even the media is now backpedaling on the "punched in the face" narrative:
Quote:
Today the city responded . . . to an incident, one that was caught from multiple angles of a CPD officer slapping a phone out of a protester's hand.
But the propaganda coup has already been pulled off as the national and international "news" media won't spend 2% of the effort correcting the record as they did spreading the lie.

Old 07-21-2020, 01:37 AM

6,325 posts, read 2,528,586 times
^^ I suppose I owe Mayor Bug-Eyes some credit for finally acknowledging what happened at the Columbus statue "was not peaceful protest, that [was] anarchy."

Old 07-21-2020, 02:06 PM

2,695 posts, read 903,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugal Audiophile View Post
Do you have any proof to back up your claim? Cops during the looting had riot gear, I saw them first hand, I was in downtown. So even if what you say is true, what changed from the riots in Michigan ave vs the riots at Columbus statue?

I'm not a fan of Lightfoot, but I like to deal with facts not feelings. I have yet to see how she deprived the cops on of riot gear on this particular day. If I was mayor I would delegate those responsibilities to CPD. I don't see how any mayor would have time to micromanage such small details. Maybe I'm missing something, if so educate me using facts not feelings.
I have no proof that my freezer is below 32°F other than it's full of ice. Likewise, there are "oodles" of videos showing cops standing back with their hands literally in their pockets while people are trashing police vehicles, breaking windows, etc. downtown, many are in the threads here about the Chicago riots - there was a guy riding a dirt bike around the city that caught some good shots of cops standing back as the violence was all around them. Single cops are pretty much useless in that scenario anyway, you need groups of cops acting in tandem to stop widespread violence. Since cops do not act on their own, and local precincts do not have the authority to order stand downs, I have to look squarely at the top leadership - Brown, and Lightfoot. My guess is that Second City Cop has much more first-hand information on this.

So it follows:
The cops did not act en-masse to stop the widespread looting and rioting in Chicago - we know this because the widespread looting and rioting occurred, with few arrests happening. So, did the cops stand down on their own? Unlikely: A) since it is way out of character for them, B) They were not disciplined for not doing their job, and C) the National Guard were not called in to quell the violence, when (if) the cops refused to do their jobs. Ergo, the orders came from the top. Some things are simply self-evident. There has been precedents of this in other cities as well - Baltimore, Minneapolis, and Ferguson, MO to start with.

Old 07-21-2020, 02:49 PM

3,410 posts, read 2,884,559 times
Get her out. She’s a disaster.

Old 07-21-2020, 03:35 PM

Quote:
None of this is proof that Lightfoot deprived the cops of riot gear the day of the riots at the Columbus statue. It's just your opinion, nothing more nothing less.
So your assertion is that Chicago has no rapid response team? (in the old days, they were referred to as "riot squads"). If it has one, why was it not deployed? Why weren't a hundred other cops mobilized at the park with full riot gear? Why was the statue left to the mob overnight, when it was spray painted as shown in MS-90's photos above? I didn't see that much damage when the cops were being pelted with rocks and cans.

Yeah, you're right, it's "just my opinion". But some opinions are way better than others, LOL.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:06 PM

Quote:
I don't work for CPD administration so I don't know, and neither do you. I do know that if I was mayor I wouldn't want to micromanage the cops to that level.
At least I'm asking some important, albeit inconvenient questions. One of which is, why did Lightfoot protect her home with a much greater armed and protected show of force than she did the Columbus statue in Grant Park? This apparently answers our question as to whether Chicago has "riot police". From the story,
"Police in riot gear barricaded the mayor’s block and a CPD armored vehicle was present as activists marched, chanted, sang and danced in the blocks surrounding the mayor’s home."
Check out the photos, one report I read said that three-hundred police officers were deployed on the mayor's block. How many did you see around the Columbus statue in the videos - twenty? Thirty?
https://news.wttw.com/2020/07/19/pro...ice-grant-park

Use the Google, many, many reports are now coming out about this, if you're really looking for facts. Obviously, she's not going to go on record telling police to "stand down", that would have far too great a political cost. So she has her aides make some phone calls, and it trickles down to where it makes a difference. From what I hear, the rank and file CPD officer HATES Mayor Lightfoot at this point. And I can't blame them.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:08 PM

22,042 posts, read 8,695,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Get her out. She’s a disaster.
I would suggest nominating her for VP on the Democratic Party ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago