Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 10:04 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Yeah, I can't imagine wanting to re-open a third time.

The Best Buy at North and Clybourn had just re-opened last Friday after its previous looting, and it got looted again this morning. If you're a bean counter at BB HQ, you have to be thinking "nah, twice in three months is enough -- we're done there."
Yes I too think of that.. Remember the riots about 2 months ago, the south side stores like CVS that got destroyed, the neighbors were worried about it being reopened. But would CVS take the risk of it happening again? but i think they did come back. A Walmart that got destroyed somewhere we saw on the new that it reopened. Now this.

I saw that Best Buy, wow, lots of expensive stuff. i saw one guy carrying out a couple flat screen tv.s

I saw another guy on Wabash going to steal something, he was wearing a pink shirt, so the police start to grab him, he was very skinny and wiry, he managed to get away from the police. that was weird seeing how he did that maneuver by the perp.

I just was taken aback by such things, the looks on the looters' faces - the smiling, cheering, etc.

am i in a Twilight Zone episode???

i cant believe this happened.

I read on another website this is the anniversary of Michael Brown's death. Maybe they are celebrating it by looting.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO, perhaps the best bet is if you can move into a neighborhood where Police Officers typically reside due to the residency requirement.

To my knowledge, THOSE neighborhoods have not really suffered since this excuse-of -human behavior began.

Thoughts, anyone?
Definitely i want to move out of downtown, fortunately im not in the middle of the chaos all summer, but near enough.

I am only here because of the easy commute to work. im really trying to see where i want to go next.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,250,689 times
ChicagoMeo, I myself would take a place like Edison Park or Norwood Park. FAR away from downtown! Safe! City workers for residents. Family environment. Many home owners. Clean. Access to a Metra and/or Blue Line.

THAT is exactly where I'm planning to move if I do come down to relocate someday!

Old 08-10-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeo, I myself would take a place like Edison Park or Norwood Park. FAR away from downtown! Safe! City workers for residents. Family environment. Many home owners. Clean. Access to a Metra and/or Blue Line.

THAT is exactly where I'm planning to move if I do come down to relocate someday!

yes thank you. i have a few months to think about it. those are excellent nice neighborhoods!

so far Lakeview has not been hit, but who knows what they will target next to take revenge on some perceived enemy.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:22 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,423 times
This city is not suitable for living in while this mayor is in charge

Old 08-10-2020, 05:01 PM

85 posts, read 94,900 times
Now she is saying "Don't Bait us! Don't bait us!".... Is she somehow changing her tune regarding the protests (looting, etc)?

I say to her "Don't 'Bate us"

Old 08-10-2020, 05:03 PM

To me its simple. Keep all police out of those neighborhoods! The people in those areas keep making it so very clear they do NOT want police there so get them all out! Every time the police do their job in those areas the people riot so its silly! Get all cops out of those areas and the people living there will be happy and the people in all other areas will be happy because there will be no excuse for anymore rioting PLUS it means more cops for the parts of town that actually DO want police!

Otherwise the riots will never stop just as Phlagar said today. I hate agreeing with him as I never do but he is right on that one!!

Last edited by Robert9; 08-10-2020 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-10-2020, 05:38 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
This city is not suitable for living in while this mayor is in charge

The city is now thought to be a war zone by the rest of the country and the world. Even 10 years ago (2010-2013), when you mentioned Chicago, the first think people thought of was sky scrapers, amazing downtown, Deep Dish, Lake Michigan, and sports.

Now, with "Chiraq" popularized, weekly violent crime numbers making headlines, and now this (which will start driving out real business and city revenue)....this city is thought to be a war zone.

It may be too late, and the city may not be suitable for living even long after the mayor is gone.

This is a national and global black eye. Chicago continues to bleed and decay during 2020.

Old 08-10-2020, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
The city is now thought to be a war zone by the rest of the country and the world. Even 10 years ago (2010-2013), when you mentioned Chicago, the first think people thought of was sky scrapers, amazing downtown, Deep Dish, Lake Michigan, and sports.

Now, with "Chiraq" popularized, weekly violent crime numbers making headlines, and now this (which will start driving out real business and city revenue)....this city is thought to be a war zone.

It may be too late, and the city may not be suitable for living even long after the mayor is gone.

This is a national and global black eye. Chicago continues to bleed and decay during 2020.
Sadly you might be right. The damage done may not ever be fixed!

Old 08-10-2020, 05:49 PM

2,925 posts, read 3,092,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07...e-senator-say/

CPD fails again, using excessive violence, especially in an unprovoked situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
This girl did all of that? And she was doing that when she was hit? Really?

Every other source says she was talking to an officer when he went and hit her out of nowhere.
The video cuts in barely before she was hit by somebody. It is almost hard to tell who hit her. We have no video evidence that she was or was not provoking the officer, just the word of 'every other source'.

I never take the word of such a short video clip, one can edit video to show exactly just what one wants to show. Kind of like the Catholic kids a couple of years ago in D.C. Didn't look too good for the kid until you watched the whole thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago