U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2020, 03:52 PM

2,699 posts, read 908,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z'Dig View Post
What makes you think they paid for that Gucci purse?
That's the point, that "free" Gucci purse would cost them four hundred bucks in tires. Or maybe then they'd be breaking into Goodyear on the way home, who knows. But the point is, if the inducement to loot is taken away, then it will stop. It's like the old saying:

If you want less of something, tax it. If you want more of something, subsidize it.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-13-2020, 04:34 PM

5,577 posts, read 2,551,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
I saw 1 cop on the wall using his nightstick, back in the day the other 10 would have joined him.
Seriously, I would have expected a repeat of 68 by now, and supported it. Get the force the riot gear and release them to go crack some skulls. Can we get an old man Daley clone please?

Old 08-13-2020, 05:49 PM

1,705 posts, read 466,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
Seriously, I would have expected a repeat of 68 by now, and supported it. Get the force the riot gear and release them to go crack some skulls. Can we get an old man Daley clone please?
People have posted that video of Daley from 1968 all over the place begging for those actions to be done. It is the only way this will end. Otherwise it will get much worse and I have no doubt it will get much worse because nobody is doing a damn thing to stop this. Chicago is gone for ever

Old 08-13-2020, 06:23 PM

They'll never get control again if they don't insert fear. It's an ugly truth about humans and mobs....a mobbed up group of people is only deferential to a bigger and stronger mob of people...and that video shows our big protectors getting crushed.

Old 08-13-2020, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
They'll never get control again if they don't insert fear. It's an ugly truth about humans and mobs....a mobbed up group of people is only deferential to a bigger and stronger mob of people...and that video shows our big protectors getting crushed.
And I don't think it would take much at all. Did not some small towns in other parts of America chase these people out! ANd even yesterday in Englewood a small group from that area chased them out. The protesters even said they left because they FEARED for their life lol.

These protesters are weak and it would only take a small bit of force or even the threat of it to make them run away again. But this mayor won't even do that! Which is why all week we keep hearing how business owners and residents are planning to leave the city. They are tired of there being no protection and no accountability from the city under the current people running it.

Of course as I have said on here so many times now. These people would not be in the positions they are in if the people of this city did not vote them in to begin with! So I blame the voters for this more than anyone else

Old 08-13-2020, 08:51 PM

334 posts, read 101,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
And I don't think it would take much at all. Did not some small towns in other parts of America chase these people out! ANd even yesterday in Englewood a small group from that area chased them out. The protesters even said they left because they FEARED for their life lol.

These protesters are weak and it would only take a small bit of force or even the threat of it to make them run away again. But this mayor won't even do that! Which is why all week we keep hearing how business owners and residents are planning to leave the city. They are tired of there being no protection and no accountability from the city under the current people running it.

Of course as I have said on here so many times now. These people would not be in the positions they are in if the people of this city did not vote them in to begin with! So I blame the voters for this more than anyone else
The protesters are a weak bunch of spoiled, self-centered, and patronizing adult brats. Yes, Mayor Groot will not crack down on them.

The problem is and will continue to be the lawlessness Mayor Groot has enabled along with her tweedle-dumber partner Kim Fixx. Fixx dropping charges against the big looting and destruction session in late May into June. The Juicy Smollette embarrassment was just another red flag this dunce cap winning DA is all about.

The no consequences, police standing down on Groot’s orders, and the defund the police are the ingredients in the anarchy cocktail these 2 morons created.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-13-2020 at 10:06 PM..

Old 08-13-2020, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
The protesters are a weak bunch of spoiled, self-centered, and patronizing adult brats. Yes, Mayor Groot will not crack down on them.

The problem is and will continue to be the lawlessness Mayor Groot has enabled along with her tweedle-dumber partner Kim Fixx. Fixx dropping charges against the big looting and destruction session in late May into June.

The no consequences, police standing down on Groot’s orders, and the defund the police are the ingredients in the anarchy cocktail these 2 morons created.
I cannot argue with any of that.

Old 08-14-2020, 01:02 AM

Get talking with the firefighters. They know how to use their axes and if there's smoke, there's fire. They, and not the police, saved my sister's store. Taking care of them for decades likely didn't hurt.

If you see activity, take a shot in the air. The police have to respond to shots fired....and the lost protesters that aren't part of the group would have an obvious signal to depart and leave. With no human shield, these anarchists can be taken down.

Old 08-14-2020, 12:45 PM

334 posts, read 101,181 times
Watching outdoor press conference, just caught end of Brown’s talk (jury still out on him)...Kim Fixx on now...2 funny things already...she was just interrupted by an overhead chopper as she started promoting her achievements...then she claimed her city kid credentials with family members living in ‘hoods like Englewood...as Fixx is dressed in what looks like a brand new high end outfit...right off the rack..lol

Old 08-15-2020, 12:08 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 5 days ago)

8,147 posts, read 7,041,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
Watching outdoor press conference, just caught end of Brown’s talk (jury still out on him)...Kim Fixx on now...2 funny things already...she was just interrupted by an overhead chopper as she started promoting her achievements...then she claimed her city kid credentials with family members living in ‘hoods like Englewood...as Fixx is dressed in what looks like a brand new high end outfit...right off the rack..lol

just watch, she will get voted in again.

just like that Ilham Omar won in Minnesota.

the idiots keep voting these effers in.

I'd change your Fixx to Fuxx though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago