U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2020, 11:15 AM

3,076 posts, read 1,835,258 times

Advertisements

chicago elects democrats only, PERIOD

If Hitler ran as a democrat, he could be mayor...so pathetic, but "it is what it is"..
Rate this post positively

Old 08-21-2020, 11:18 AM

6,449 posts, read 2,590,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post

If Hitler ran as a democrat, he could be mayor...so pathetic, but "it is what it is"..
They had about a dozen Democrats to choose from. Why this one?

Old 08-21-2020, 11:23 AM

black/gay/female, city overrun by liberal fever, connect the dots.....

Old 08-21-2020, 11:36 AM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 19 days ago)

8,183 posts, read 7,088,528 times
Quote:

Reminds me of Clinton "Is" "what does "is" mean? Remember he made an issue of "is" ?

Old 08-21-2020, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Reminds me of Clinton "Is" "what does "is" mean? Remember he made an issue of "is" ?
lol, good one!

Old 08-21-2020, 12:48 PM

3,890 posts, read 5,286,885 times
Quote:
black/gay/female, city overrun by liberal fever, connect the dots.....
Yeeeesh!!

Sad what it takes to be elected in cities like Chicago has nothing to do with intelligence, their record, or actual qualifications.

Old 08-21-2020, 02:03 PM

sadly, thats how most politicians get elected these days..there is no more virtue or nobility to be elected to public office

Old 08-21-2020, 02:22 PM

2,761 posts, read 940,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Citing threats, Mayor Lori Lightfoot defends ban on protesters on her block: 'I have a right to make sure that my home is secure'

TRANSLATION: "I have the right to spend hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars and divert law enforcement resources away from other neighborhoods making them LESS secure instead of hiring a private security detail, just like I have a right to go get my hair cut while the rest of the city is on lockdown and while threatening to put any salon out of business that dares to give anyone else but me a haircut."

And this is why so many people fear the city is going down in flames -- not just that they have such a vile, self-serving hypocrite as mayor but that the voters actually LIKE this mayor. That is absolutely unfathomable to me.
this is "Identity Politics" at its finest. But you have to feel a little sorry for Lori, she must be sitting at home saying, "But I gave them what they wanted! We didn't prosecute or crack down on the looting, we embraced "BLM", we took down the Columbus statue; heck, I'm at the epicenter of "identity Politics", being black, female, gay, etc. - why are they still coming for me?"

It's the Mob, Lorie. There's no satiating the Mob. Once you give in, they smell blood in the water, and take compliance and kindness for weakness. They will keep coming back until you are consumed. Liberalism taken to an extreme is a freaking mental disorder. The Mob will not stop until it's burned to the ground, and then they will cry that "Their neighborhood is a desert!" So to ensure fairness, they want to turn the ENTIRE CITY into a desert. It's a mindset, like Radical Islam - it won't end until everyone that doesn't think just like them is gone (and even then, the Shia and the Sunni are at each other's throat over a question of lineage). It's all about the power, it's all about control. It's Fascism dressed up claiming it is Anti-Fascism. Don't fall for it as Lori has done. Bill Ayers on steroids - "The Anarchist's Cookbook" - all you had to do to see what is coming, Lori, was to read it. Unless, that is, she secretly embraces it.

Old 08-21-2020, 04:05 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 19 days ago)

8,183 posts, read 7,088,528 times
yes she claimed she had the right to "hygiene" with getting her hair styled during the first shut down too.

always making excuses.

i don't know if lightfoot has that kind of conscience, i think it got seared with a hot iron, as the Bible would describe it (metaphorically)

She sure has displayed ego and defensiveness, the fact that she would put her hate for Trump above the help he would send in that would cure the problem, is a telling sign.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:08 PM

1,753 posts, read 475,893 times
Quote:

Sadly I believe you are right which again is why this city is getting what it deserves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago