U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 11:53 AM

9,924 posts, read 14,925,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
could the police have tackled him or shoot him in the leg or butt maybe?
Police are not trained to shoot people in the legs. The legs flail and move around a lot increasing the chances of missing and causing collateral damage ie hitting a bystander instead like the gang bangers do every day. Police shoot center of mass. It is a large target, doesn't move as much, and is most likely to incapacitate a suspect (though probably kill them). Police only use their guns when there is a situation where there is reason to believe it is a life or death choice.
Rate this post positively

Old 08-24-2020, 12:33 PM

334 posts, read 102,713 times
Quote:
Yes! i believe i saw that video on Netflix. it was funny but so true.

I agree with what you said there. Ego is much easier to fix than getting shot.

so i watched the video of the Kenosha guy who got shot.. he just walks away from all these police as if its nothing. did he think he could just do that?

could the police have tackled him or shoot him in the leg or butt maybe? i do believe they felt he was dangerous enough since he went to his car and opened the door and then who knows what he might have pulled out like a gun.

I have heard perps say "he disrespected me" (so that's the reason the perp committed a crime or shooting with a gun). too much ego is prevalent today.

If they only would stay still and hands up or hands on the steering wheel if its an auto crime and they get stopped. and say "yes officer" .. that would help. but no, ego and hate and fear do this to a perp.
There was an active warrant out for this guy already. Cops were responding to a fight...and this guy got involved...with an outstanding warrant on him...and then of course doesn’t cooperate with cops...wtf kind of idiot does this?...of course there’s the social media video snippet...rinse & repeat story...now Kenosha will be destroyed...POS Gov. Evers flaming up the political rhetoric against cops...the Dems summer pre election tactic...and will be tied to Trump...rinse & repeat...Biden & Harris race baiting on this local Kenosha incident.

Never abode idea to ignore and resist cops and try to enter the driver side of your vehicle...then again, when there’s an active warrant on you...well, Kenosha gets to blow up now. Of course Madison had to have window shattering spree in local businesses.

Imagine the theory of just cooperating with a police officer...career criminals, especially with outstanding warrants, tend to have issues with cooperating with cops and the media and Marxists defend the criminals.

Let’s hope Kenosha survives.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-24-2020 at 01:05 PM..

Old 08-24-2020, 05:47 PM

1,883 posts, read 501,145 times
Quote:
Well now with that riot happened in Kenosha last night, that proves my point that they will hit residential neighborhoods. I'd never imagine Kenosha getting hit.. it would be like Morton Grove getting rioting.

so ridiculous.. the video showed the perp walking away from officers, opening up the door of his car, police did not know if he was going to retrieve a weapon or what.
Then the rioters blame the police.. stupid stupid stupid people.
Its getting old real fast!

Old 08-24-2020, 06:33 PM

2,805 posts, read 950,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
After watching the full video, we now know that St. George of Floyd wasn't exactly an Angel himself (well...maybe...). Did he "deserve" to die? Certainly not, being high and passing counterfeit twenties is not a death penalty crime, and the cops are certainly not the ones to pass that judgment anyway. But whose conduct was MOST responsible for his death? St. George himself. Same thing with the Kenosha guy. Instead of sitting down, shutting up, and obeying commands during a dangerous situation (anytime cops arrive on a scene and try to assess who is dangerous and who isn't), deciding to blow the cops off and reach into your vehicle (to retrieve a weapon? Speed away? Check on your kids? Because the cops have no idea), is a BAD idea. Use your freakin' heads, people, quit thinking you have the right to call the shots at an active police investigation, because you DON'T.

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, because after all, Black Lives Matter. Keep yours safe.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:54 PM

Cannot get enough of this guy. Ex-cop BTW from Arizona but talks to cops in Chicago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rELkN1EHJwM

Old 08-24-2020, 07:25 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 23 days ago)

8,187 posts, read 7,096,461 times
Quote:

There was some kind of BLM riot in a Chicago suburb yesterday.. Watched Tucker Carlson's show, i don't know which one. do you know?

I keep saying they are going to hit the suburbs next.. im not a prophet, but, just watching a pattern.

Old 08-24-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
There was some kind of BLM riot in a Chicago suburb yesterday.. Watched Tucker Carlson's show, i don't know which one. do you know?

I keep saying they are going to hit the suburbs next.. im not a prophet, but, just watching a pattern.
No I did not hear that!

Old 08-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 23 days ago)

8,187 posts, read 7,096,461 times
Quote:
No I did not hear that!
this one guy has a Facebook page called "Lives Matter" and You Tube videos. he goes out and videos these to document them (riots, etc). he then comes on the show and tells what goes on, all with a very sober-like way of speaking, i.e. that he is giving solid facts, not emotional things he imagined.

the show will be rerun at 11:00 central time tonight on Fox News Network (not channel 32 Fox Chicago)

Old 08-24-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
this one guy has a Facebook page called "Lives Matter" and You Tube videos. he goes out and videos these to document them (riots, etc). he then comes on the show and tells what goes on, all with a very sober-like way of speaking, i.e. that he is giving solid facts, not emotional things he imagined.

the show will be rerun at 11:00 central time tonight on Fox News Network (not channel 32 Fox Chicago)
Thanks for the info

Old 08-24-2020, 08:53 PM

334 posts, read 102,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
After watching the full video, we now know that St. George of Floyd wasn't exactly an Angel himself (well...maybe...). Did he "deserve" to die? Certainly not, being high and passing counterfeit twenties is not a death penalty crime, and the cops are certainly not the ones to pass that judgment anyway. But whose conduct was MOST responsible for his death? St. George himself. Same thing with the Kenosha guy. Instead of sitting down, shutting up, and obeying commands during a dangerous situation (anytime cops arrive on a scene and try to assess who is dangerous and who isn't), deciding to blow the cops off and reach into your vehicle (to retrieve a weapon? Speed away? Check on your kids? Because the cops have no idea), is a BAD idea. Use your freakin' heads, people, quit thinking you have the right to call the shots at an active police investigation, because you DON'T.

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP, because after all, Black Lives Matter. Keep yours safe.
Those Minneapolis cops were not arresting Floyd, just trying to detain him about the bogus Jackson. Floyd the Martyr may not have known he had a bad twenty..who knows?

Floyd being high on meth induced his heart attack. You’ve seen the real bodycam video, crack pipe and all...Georgie knew he going back to the big house...parole violation and all.

This nitwit in Kenosha...agree 100% but you forgot to mention he had an outstanding warrant...how dumb can you be to then Negatively engage cops?

Wisconsin Gov. is a total POS flaming this up

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-24-2020 at 09:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago