U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 06:28 PM

2,480 posts, read 949,207 times

Advertisements

Curly, if this becomes a plan, make sure Master Jay is called!
Rate this post positively

Old 07-18-2020, 06:33 PM

wase4711, wow. Thank you. I was JUST talking to a neighbor about this..... and then I came home and read your message. You are SO right! Now go have a great rest of the day and spread the positive energy! Whether it's from a religious place in our heart OR just something we do because it's good to be kind, just DO it!
And like I said, pleass share your positive vibes anytime you see a police officer. They really need to know they are important and appreciated, too!

Old 07-18-2020, 08:14 PM

9,893 posts, read 14,857,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07...e-senator-say/

CPD fails again, using excessive violence, especially in an unprovoked situation.
18 police officer injured, deadly force was justified. She is lucky she only lost some teeth. I hope it knocked some sense into her but I doubt it.

Old 07-18-2020, 08:15 PM

881 posts, read 486,251 times
Quote:

CPD fails again, using excessive violence, especially in an unprovoked situation.
I support the police and their use of force 10000000%. The Columbus statue should stay.

Crazy how the Indians never fought each other over land (sarcasm)...before the Europeans arrived and made the greatest country in the world.

Old 07-18-2020, 09:40 PM

3,051 posts, read 1,812,226 times
Quote:

UNPROVOKED? getting m80's, bottle of urine, rocks and bricks thrown at them is being "unprovoked"???

Old 07-18-2020, 09:45 PM

2,287 posts, read 5,629,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
UNPROVOKED? getting m80's, bottle of urine, rocks and bricks thrown at them is being "unprovoked"???
This girl did all of that? And she was doing that when she was hit? Really?

Every other source says she was talking to an officer when he went and hit her out of nowhere.

Old 07-18-2020, 10:04 PM

did you see a full video of her, and how politely she was peacefully protesting before she was attacked by a heavily armed and armored up police office??
How do you know what she was or wasnt doing?
When you are part of a unruly, and nasty mob, even if you may or may not be doing the horrible things, you run the risk of getting hurt; neither you nor I have any idea what she might or might not have been doing, but when you are part of the mob, you can suffer the consequences..

I know you must be a legal expert, but, remember, if you are sitting in a get a way car with someone who goes into a store and kills the store owner, and you get caught, you too will be charged with murder, even though you didnt have a gun or pull the trigger...same rules apply here..
If you dont want to be part of an angry mob, where nothing good could possibly happen, then get the hell out of there..

Nice try though, trying to place blame without knowing any of the facts...
I could just as easily claim she had a friend beat her up, and then call the media to take pictures of her claiming she was "attacked" by the police..

Old 07-18-2020, 10:10 PM

1,705 posts, read 464,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
18 police officer injured, deadly force was justified. She is lucky she only lost some teeth. I hope it knocked some sense into her but I doubt it.
Wishful thinking but I doubt it. She seems like someone that will never have sense and will be a trouble maker for years to come

Old 07-18-2020, 10:11 PM

I may be wrong, so correct me if need be. But it feels in a way that the "message" has been lost; in that, now these acts are destructive and disrespectful. And no real theme seems to be happening other than violent behaviors.
In doing so, the message of equality, justice, etc. isn't even being brought to the forefront.... pretty counter-produvtive, then, isn't it?

Old 07-18-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
wase4711, wow. Thank you. I was JUST talking to a neighbor about this..... and then I came home and read your message. You are SO right! Now go have a great rest of the day and spread the positive energy! Whether it's from a religious place in our heart OR just something we do because it's good to be kind, just DO it!
And like I said, pleass share your positive vibes anytime you see a police officer. They really need to know they are important and appreciated, too!
people often discount how strong the "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" karma actually is..
its fine to disagree and strongly debate with others that view the world differently than you do. But once you bring violence and hatred into the equation, then you have to understand the karma that is going to come back to you.
The worst job in the country now is being a cop, and like you Jay, I always thank them, wave, and smile, just because I know that one day, I will be in a tough situation and need a cop to help me out. When I was younger, I thought all cops were my enemies, but, maturity and knowledge has shown me thats not the case.

thanks for the nice thoughts, and you keep on being the positive karmic force that you obviously are...no doubt, your great karma will protect you thoughout your life!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago