U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2020, 05:33 PM

2,498 posts, read 957,108 times

Advertisements

Mr. ChicagoSouthSider, may I recommend somewhere near Park Ridge, so we can grab some more food at Don Juan in Edison Park?
Rate this post positively

Old 07-19-2020, 06:25 PM

1,705 posts, read 466,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Chicago has become a joke. It's an embarrassment, hardly a world class city. I'm looking forward to my departure in the near future
So many people here feel that way now which is very sad! And yet as I mentioned in another post there are people like a group I just argued with that think Lori lightfoot is the greatest thing to ever happen to us!!

Old 07-19-2020, 09:34 PM

13,157 posts, read 19,498,693 times
I wonder if many of these protestors are from the suburbs. Once Metra stop the free rides maybe they stay home..lol.
If it was only that easy.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:20 AM

6,351 posts, read 2,540,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07...e-senator-say/

CPD fails again, using excessive violence, especially in an unprovoked situation.
Yeah, here's a couple screen shots from your angelic little "non-provking" protester's FB page before they vanished:

Aneglic Image #1

Anglelic Image #2

Here's a video of your precious little cherub bragging about her adventures in looting and rioting.

And here is your "non-provoking" little gift to humanity interfering with police trying to make an arrest when she supposedly got "punched in the face" at the end of the video.

And I'm supposed to feel bad this little brat got her teeth knocked out? I'm only sad it didn't happen sooner -- though I wouldn't be surprised if it DID happen sooner and she's faking it. Notice in the video filmed from across the street when the cop takes a swipe at her -- with an open hand, NOT a fist -- she just walks away. She supposedly got punched in the face by a grown man hard enough to knock her teeth out but she doesn't even reel back, much less get knocked on her ass? I'm calling BS on that noise. If she got her teeth knocked out, this wasn't when it happened. Evidently GoFundMe isn't buying it either as they've suspended the fundraiser for her "medical bills."

^^ THIS is who and what our elected officials are throwing their support behind while they throw the people who have to put up with this under the bus. I find it distressing and a bad sign for the future of Chicago they couldn't offer even a tiny fraction of condemnation for the rioters who are destroying the city as they did for those trying to protect it. Just as distressing is the media has absolutely no compunction about lying right to our faces while presenting video explicitly showing what they say happened didn't happen. And more distressing still is so much of the public watches the lie, can see with their own eyes it's a lie, and accepts the lie anyway because they WANT it to be the truth.

Our society is in deep trouble.

Last edited by Bitey; 07-20-2020 at 09:28 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 09:27 AM

2,288 posts, read 5,630,991 times
Yes, you are allowed to yell at the police. If the police need to defend themselves, it needs to be proportionate. Sucker punching someone in the face for yelling isn't proportionate. If you have any humanity, you should feel bad about that. And if the cops don't want people to yell at them, they can always start stop targeting minorities for harassment. and the good cops can start reporting on the bad cops. I find it distressing that so many people in Chicago are in favor of perpetuating systemic racism.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Yes, you are allowed to yell at the police. If the police need to defend themselves, it needs to be proportionate. Sucker punching someone in the face for yelling isn't proportionate. And if the cops don't want people to yell at them, they can always start stop targeting minorities for harassment. and the good cops can start reporting on the bad cops.
Except nobody got "sucker-punched." Did you miss that whole part of my post, or are you one of the people willing to accept the lie because you want it to be true?

Old 07-20-2020, 09:31 AM

2,288 posts, read 5,630,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Except nobody got "sucker-punched." Did you miss that whole part of my post, or are you one of the people willing to accept the lie because you want it to be true?
Lie, video evidence. But hey, in Trump's America, facts don't matter.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:34 AM

9,903 posts, read 14,869,152 times
I agree with Bitey that hoodrat simply got b*tchslapped. She is lucky that was all. You can yell at the police all you want but when they are getting injured from firecrackers, and rocks from a violent mob and you aggressively charge and get in an officer's face like that they darn well are going to defend themselves with force.

Old 07-20-2020, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Lie, video evidence. But hey, in Trump's America, facts don't matter.
Right, the video evidence CLEARLY SHOWING he hit her (or her phone) with an OPEN HAND, not a fist, supposedly hard enough to knock her teeth out but not hard enough to cause her to even reel back, much less land on her backside, after plenty of warning to back the hell off. Nobody got sucker-anything'd, much less sucker-punched.

But I do agree with you on one point: facts don't matter -- at least to you -- even when the facts are laid out right in front of your face for you and everyone else to see.

Old 07-20-2020, 10:59 AM

3,059 posts, read 1,816,219 times
this is so sad and pathetic; forget about the poster who cant discern fact from fiction, even with video proof

hoodrats, like that scumbag bragging about vandalizing, stealing, and her total lack of respect for anyone and anything need to be dealt with, but sadly, the mayor doesnt want to offend these scum sucking, worthless meatbags..

sorry, but this needs to be fixed, before everyone leaves the city who can, and the only ones left are vermin like her..

chicago cant take much more of this, the whole nation is watching, horified at what your worthless mayor is allowing to happen to this once great city..

I feel so sorry for you guys who cant get out of chicago..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago