U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2020, 11:14 AM

2,497 posts, read 957,108 times

Advertisements

I read and FEEL (in myself, included) the strong negative sentiment regarding what is happening.

I do not mean to make an ominous prediction, but it almost feels like a Civil War II is in the mix. I HOPE I am wrong!

I have no plans to NOT come and visit Chicago. But when I am with my children, I really have to be extra careful. My children love Maggie Daley Park, and if something like this occurs when I am with my kids, they do not need to see and hear this nonsense.

If it happens, it happens. I will go into super-defense mode!
Rate this post positively

Old 07-20-2020, 11:24 AM

6,350 posts, read 2,540,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I read and FEEL (in myself, included) the strong negative sentiment regarding what is happening.

I do not mean to make an ominous prediction, but it almost feels like a Civil War II is in the mix. I HOPE I am wrong!

I have no plans to NOT come and visit Chicago. But when I am with my children, I really have to be extra careful. My children love Maggie Daley Park, and if something like this occurs when I am with my kids, they do not need to see and hear this nonsense.

If it happens, it happens. I will go into super-defense mode!
Unfortunately you're NOT wrong. When many in our political class cynically side with the forces attacking civil society itself, that means we have a civil war on our hands. And for their part, the idiot politicians making common cause with the deconstructionist mobs haven't yet figured out the mob is ultimately after THEM. How many cops did it take to protect Mayor Beetlejuice's house on Satuday night? 200 or so?

I'm sorry to say Master Jay, I don't see how this is going to end well. And don't think it's not coming to your back yard too, lest we forget it wasn't that long ago the mob tried to set fire to your state capitol building.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:27 AM

9,901 posts, read 14,869,152 times
Here is the full police briefing with video. The TLDR(W) version is the protesters helped hide a second group of protesters within who hid in the trees behind open umbellas, changed into all back jump suits with masks and pulled out various weapons including rock, frozen water bottles, firecrackers etc and started attacking the officers. It was a well planned ambush on the police.

https://www.facebook.com/abc7chicago...85885646028872

Last edited by MSchemist80; 07-20-2020 at 11:41 AM..

Old 07-20-2020, 11:29 AM

Bitey, thank you for the response. I do not think you are being negative in your statement neither; but rather, realistic and rightfully concerned.

If people are willing to assault armed police officers, WHAT is stopping the increase of attacking unarmed civilians?!?

I fear the worst. I implore everyone to be safe. Not neurotic, but follow your heart and your mind. Be prepared at all times. And as quick as possible, brush up and/or learn some even basic self defense techniques. Keep your body conditioned. This is all good practice, anyways!

Master Jay is rooting for you, Chicago. Nothing is going to keep me out, that is for sure!

Old 07-20-2020, 11:37 AM

6,350 posts, read 2,540,089 times
70 more people shot this weekend, 10 fatally. Not to mention rioting, looting, and more wildings.

The lawless have the run of the town now, and they know it.

Old 07-20-2020, 12:27 PM

22,075 posts, read 8,707,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
First her and this city were getting bashed all night long all over the world due to her comments to the President and that lady. Then again after this incident with protesters once again attacking police and statues. Then a 3rd time this morning when weekend violence was once again out of control.

I cannot go any where today and not see her and our city being mocked and bashed and hated upon by people all over the world!!! Including in another part of this forum, People keep saying she must be impeached!!! They are right and the sooner the better as this is so way out of control!

I have seen a lot here in my now 50 years and like many I am about done!
I just don't understand why voters are picking losers like Lightfoot, Bowser, Bottoms, Garcia and DeBlasio. Do urbanites have a death wish? Do they want their cities to commit suicide?

Sure seems like it.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:54 PM

2,700 posts, read 910,977 times
Quote:
Bitey, thank you for the response. I do not think you are being negative in your statement neither; but rather, realistic and rightfully concerned.

If people are willing to assault armed police officers, WHAT is stopping the increase of attacking unarmed civilians?!?

I fear the worst. I implore everyone to be safe. Not neurotic, but follow your heart and your mind. Be prepared at all times. And as quick as possible, brush up and/or learn some even basic self defense techniques. Keep your body conditioned. This is all good practice, anyways!

Master Jay is rooting for you, Chicago. Nothing is going to keep me out, that is for sure!
Good afternoon, Jay, thank you for the well-wishes. To your (bolded) question: Absolutely nothing, but right now the plan is to get rid of the cops first (defunding, stand-down orders, etc.), so that when they start rolling civilians, there is no mobilized or organized effort to stop them. Reminds me of the "brownshirt" tactics of pre-WWII Germany, how long before Chicago experiences its own "krystallnacht"?

There was a "wilding" that occurred at Chicago Ridge Mall on Saturday, groups of thugs came out of Chicago on buses and started numerous fights in the mall, which was shut down for the rest of the day. This was on the same day there was a "Beyond the Borders" BLM march in mostly-white Palos Hills, although there was no violence reported with it (likely too many cops present). This stuff is being organized, no doubt about it, and our current crop of politicians is enabling it. Bitey's social media screen grabs are "mistakes", the Left is walking a fine line between bragging about its exploits for recruitment, and deniability.

With respect to your idea of a "Civil War II", history is rife with military leadership believing the "next war" will be fought the same way as "the last war", and subsequently fail from poor planning - Saddam's invasion of Kuwait and Schwarzkopf's end-run to rout the Iraqi army is a very good example of this. So, for those expecting a series of conflicts where uniformed soldiers line up on a hill and fight one another while civilians picnic and observe on an adjacent hill are in for a shock. This thing is starting out as a Propaganda war (the idea that unarmed African Americans are being killed in grossly disproportionate numbers is one of the First Lies, but unfortunately, a large portion of the public has already either bought into it, or are willingly promulgating it even though they KNOW it's a lie (hello, Prairie) for political gain. Once they have gained sympathy from the majority (after all, who in their right mind could justify the death of George Floyd), the march for greater political and legislative power comes into sight.

For now, the objective is the Nov. presidential election, and subsequent appointments to the Supreme Court, they are getting nervous based on Ginsberg's recent health setbacks. They already have lackeys in charge of our largest cities, Portland's, Seattle's, and Minneapolis' mayors are the best examples, with Chicago's and New York's not far behind. I believe the idea is to create enough conflict for the already Covid-weary populace, such that they simply give the Left what it wants (defund the police, etc.), and buy them breathing room for the next round of takeovers.

And who is ultimately funding this? While others are blaming Russia or Soros, I'm looking squarely at the Chinese Communist Party. Follow the money. I'm starting to think that Covid-19 was less of a "coincidence" than even the most conspiratorial mindsets among us tend to believe. Distraction, chaos, social change; all while "cancelling" those who disagree with them, or worse yet, openly oppose them politically (and who has been the most vocal against China in the past decade?)

Miracle's impromptu dental work (and Bitey lays out a good case that it was NOT done in the manner alleged by Prairie), is textbook - create chaos, using legitimate protest as the "fog", then launching escalated attacks on the police, and then filming the response and framing it as "Unacceptable aggression by militaristic police, targeted against peaceful protesters and people of color" is getting so transparent that it risks losing value as legitimate propaganda. The next step might be a "false flag" attack, where one of their own shoots into a crowd of protesters, then blaming it on police or the "alt right" - a mini "Kent State" in Grant Park would serve them well in igniting more rioting downtown, or even in the suburbs. Chaos, conflict, the wearing-down of the populace who just wants to return to "normal", all leading to "control". Beware, Chicago, the Wolf is at your Door.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:24 PM

Curly, in other words ALL good citizens should be prepared for battle to defend OUR land, as if these were outside invaders!
And as far as vigilantism, I imagine at this point, the police force will be at ease that the vigilantes are on THEIR side!

Old 07-20-2020, 02:31 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 5 days ago)

8,147 posts, read 7,044,906 times
Curly, also i saw over the weekend a peaceful protest by BLM out in Wheeling, Il. I cant believe they are out in Wheeling. When the news reporters were interviewing one of them, at that point they were peaceful.. i hope it stayed that way.

so your comment about BLM being in Palos, i hope this does not mean they are branching out to the suburbs, and i thought i heard on the news that the leftists want to expand the cities into the suburbs (with redrawing the wards, and putting more low income housing out there).. this may be whats happening.

Old 07-20-2020, 02:33 PM

2,288 posts, read 5,630,991 times
Quote:
Curly, in other words ALL good citizens should be prepared for battle to defend OUR land, as if these were outside invaders!
And as far as vigilantism, I imagine at this point, the police force will be at ease that the vigilantes are on THEIR side!
This must bring back fond memories of throwing bricks and fire bombs at black people trying to buy a home on your block decades ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago