Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2020, 07:14 AM

334 posts, read 170,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
they might have insurance but they wont get to recoup 100% of their losses. i am told this by my friend who's store was destroyed twice.
True, not everyone is 100% covered and rates go up regardless.

There’s definitely an attitude, or was, that “oh well, these businesses are insured” to justify destruction and looting the 1st round. Now that all the white useful idiots are at their summer homes, wonder if they’ll join in the “protests” about some 20-year old Englewood career criminal engaging in a shoot out with cops?

Chicago has had 3 rounds of looting: May-early June; couple weeks ago 900 N Michigan was hit again; and Sunday-Monday.

The Mag Mile is becoming the Rag Mile.

Thanks Mayor Groot and Kim Fixx for bringing your progressive politics to Chicago.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:38 AM

Anyone still thinking that BLM is an organization that cares about black lives must read its statement to MAyor Groot. It’s a Marxist statement by driven, race, and class dogma threatening continued violence until BLM demands are met.

Mayor Groot created this mess with her own Marxist-progressive policies, so she can fix it. Groot may be book smart but she is way out of her league as mayor of Chicago and is certainly not street smart.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:44 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
True, not everyone is 100% covered and rates go up regardless.

There’s definitely an attitude, or was, that “oh well, these businesses are insured” to justify destruction and looting the 1st round. Now that all the white useful idiots are at their summer homes, wonder if they’ll join in the “protests” about some 20-year old Englewood career criminal engaging in a shoot out with cops?

Chicago has had 3 rounds of looting: May-early June; couple weeks ago 900 N Michigan was hit again; and Sunday-Monday.

The Mag Mile is becoming the Rag Mile.

Thanks Mayor Groot and Kim Fixx for bringing your progressive politics to Chicago
They just were handed off the baton from the previous administrations. Little Kimmy definitely took a bad office and made it worse though. Countless criminal rioters were singing her praises for letting them out early so that they could participate.

I actually thought when Lightfoot was first elected that she might be different based on her rhetoric at the time. Turns out she's just another political liberal hack job more concerned about the country knowing that she don't like Trump than doing anything to help her city.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
And the negative image is 99.999999% related to VIOLENT CRIME, which I have mentioned in this forum repeatedly. It has nothing to do with financial troubles, corrupt politics (at least not directly, although indirectly this has negatively impacted violent crime), lack of innovative buildings, or whatever else people want to hide behind.......

People liked to block out the real issue which has been festering for years and has now BLOWN UP......it is VIOLENT CRIMES, which has led to Chicago's downfall.

The other little things are not good, but Chicago did not get its global Chiraq reputation because of the pension problems, lack of innovation, or even the political corruption (at least not directly).....

People wanted to brush the real problem under the rug for years, but the country and world have not been ignoring it.....it is VIOLENT CRIME that has tarnished this cities image to its lowest point that I can ever remember. Now prior to this year, it was mostly confined to bad neighborhoods, but this is what happens when you don't curb it. Now that it has spread downtown, people are all of the sudden mad. Who did not see this coming when it continued building up????

The Chiraq reputation started to begin in 2010 and slowly solidified in around 2014 to the point where it became what Chicago is known for. This year and right now in particular, the city's image and reputation has hit rock bottom.
Right, Chicago reputation is rooted in its violent crime history from 100 years ago thru today.

The scenes of continued rioting, destruction, and looting in the greater downtown area from Sunday night into Monday are a national-world wide story. Once largely confined to neighborhoods, the world and locals now see it in the trendy central areas.

Which is the point of BLM and its Marxist founding all being enabled by useful white-guilt and corporate idiots. Pretty clever of them to prop up this BLM name knowing it will be immune from criticism because of America’s race issues all the while it is undermining the entire U.S., its history and culture. Has everyone seen those crowds doing those creepy mass swearing alliegence sessions?

The mayhem is all underwritten by Chicago’s shootings and homicides. This and the looting mayhem will take years for people and visitors to come back into the city as tourists, business trips, and event attendees.

This image, perception, and now reality created by the local pols will take a huge toll in lost revenue but nowhere near toll in lost black lives BLM is creating.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-11-2020 at 08:16 AM..

Old 08-11-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
They just were handed off the baton from the previous administrations. Little Kimmy definitely took a bad office and made it worse though. Countless criminal rioters were singing her praises for letting them out early so that they could participate.

I actually thought when Lightfoot was first elected that she might be different based on her rhetoric at the time. Turns out she's just another political liberal hack job more concerned about the country knowing that she don't like Trump than doing anything to help her city.
Agreed, Groot and Fixx have made things much worse. Both quickly tanked this city

I mean this unbelievable that a city of Chicago’s stature is dealing with this 3rd world country mayhem and leadership mentality.

Fixx set the tone by turning the county #1 law enforcement official into a social welfare dept. making her priorities bail reform, criminal reform, and ending mass incarceration. This is what Progressive Prosecutors do though. Fixx cut from same cloth as Soros donee and avowed Marxists yet top DAs Larry Krasner in Philly and Chesa Boudin in San Francisco. Mr. Boudin was raised by Obama friends Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers cuz Chesa’s mommy and daddy were Weatherman and we’re involved in killing 2 cops and a Brink’s security officer in 1981. Nice.

This latest round of mayhem is the real bad omen here. I knew the mobs would return after the late May-early June destruction.

Every time there’s a police-civilian shooting incident, be prepared for the fallout.

Wait until those Minneapolis cops are acquitted. I‘ll be out of here by then though.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:15 AM

3,208 posts, read 3,550,099 times
Quote:
Wait until those Minneapolis cops are acquitted. I‘ll be out of here by then though.
I'm happy that someone else recognizes that those cops will definitely be acquitted. If the rest of the video footage is anything like the 8 minutes leaked by the Daily Mail, there is no way that they are going to be convicted of murder or even manslaughter. I also think that mass chaos will ensue, and it will be worse if Trump remains President at the time.

Old 08-11-2020, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I'm happy that someone else recognizes that those cops will definitely be acquitted. If the rest of the video footage is anything like the 8 minutes leaked by the Daily Mail, there is no way that they are going to be convicted of murder or even manslaughter. I also think that mass chaos will ensue, and it will be worse if Trump remains President at the time.
Yep, not even manslaughter.

Not to go off topic, but I knew from day 1 that video wasn’t the whole story. Minnesota AG withheld the videos we’re seeing now. Love or hate Trump, voting should not be swayed because of mob rule.

Chicago will be ground zero of destruction when the acquittal comes, worse than Minneapolis. Mayor Groot will be pleading for a Trump to send the Marines as the mob is heading up her block.

Lesson learned: fact finding first, instant social media convictions continue to undermine our entire system. Politicians just as guilty; another gift from Barack Obama as all his public commentary and convictions of police incidents were done before any fact finding and led to much division, destruction, and lost lives...and no finding of fault by cops in any of the cases Obama shot his mouth off on but did lead to 5 Dallas cops being killed.

Social media is good for cute pet videos but allowing it to be used as a replacement for our legal system and enabled and manipulated by our elected officials will be the end of the U.S. as we knew it.

Last edited by Castlebar; 08-11-2020 at 09:51 AM..

Old 08-11-2020, 08:56 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Lesson learned: fact finding first, instant social media convictions continue to undermine our entire system. Politicians just as guilty; another gift from Barack Obama as all his public commentary and convictions of police incidents were done before any fact finding and led to much division, destruction, and lost lives.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:15 AM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Yep, not even manslaughter.

Not to go off topic, but I knew from day 1 that video wasn’t the whole story. Minnesota AG withheld the videos we’re seeing now. Love or hate Trump, voting should not be swayed because of mob rule.

Chicago will be ground zero of destruction when the acquittal comes, worse than Minneapolis. Mayor Groot will be pleading for a Trump to send the Marines as the mob is heading up her block.

Lesson learned: fact finding first, instant social media convictions continue to undermine our entire system. Politicians just as guilty; another gift from Barack Obama as all his public commentary and convictions of police incidents were done before any fact finding and led to much division, destruction, and lost lives...and no finding of fault by cops in any of the cases Obama shot his mouth off on but did lead to 5 Dallas cops being killed.

Social media is good for cute pet videos but allowing it to be used as a replacement for our legal system and enabled and manipulated by our elected officials will be the end of the U.S. as we knew it.
Sadly, all the lefties have conveniently forgotten all of this.

Obama, as I and countless others have said, set our country back 50 years in race relations. If you want to talk racist presidents, you can put HIM at the top of the list. Yes, black people can be racist too.

Old 08-11-2020, 10:31 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
Really?? No way. I'm going to look for this but are you sure? I put that possibility literally completely out of my mind, given that prosecutors know that over charging in these contexts is a recipe for disaster. You'd have to have the IQ of a cement cinder-block not to know that.

Even if you're right, I'm sure there's more you're not seeing beyond the 8 minutes that will support the charges. There's no way they're that stupid, even in Minnesota.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago