Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 06:09 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times

Advertisements

This is lightfoots chicago... no order.. dis-respect for the law, and no support for law enforcement. She needs to be re-called if its possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teG3pkIQ284

Old 08-11-2020, 05:21 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
If this was Trump's Chicago there would be a lot of looters with busted skulls and taser burns in jail facing a real prosecutor instead of catch and release Foxx.

Old 08-11-2020, 05:49 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
Robert9, I feel like I am in agreement with you, Sir.

The Police Force should have a duty to protect al of the city. Sadly, neighborhoods like Englewood, Austin and West Garfield are not the same as prior to the 1960s.

At the same time, I understand that a certain level of danger would be inferred with accepting a position as a Police Officer (same as a Fire Fighter). But COME ON!!! If your current situation is neighborhoods that are greatly protesting police presence, do not respect or appreciate police presence and are even ATTACKING police presence, then either go in there "all gangbusters on the offending residents and establish order" OR take them out and place them in areas like Edison Park and Wicker Park and Armour Square where there seems to be a desire to have order.

Am I wrong? Help me out here, please!

But I tell you: My heart would go out to the good people, elderly, and children that would then forever live as victims in the areas if we took the police force out....

Therefore, maybe I lean towards the: "go in there gangbusters and establish order"

Old 08-11-2020, 06:00 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9, I feel like I am in agreement with you, Sir.

The Police Force should have a duty to protect al of the city. Sadly, neighborhoods like Englewood, Austin and West Garfield are not the same as prior to the 1960s.

At the same time, I understand that a certain level of danger would be inferred with accepting a position as a Police Officer (same as a Fire Fighter). But COME ON!!! If your current situation is neighborhoods that are greatly protesting police presence, do not respect or appreciate police presence and are even ATTACKING police presence, then either go in there "all gangbusters on the offending residents and establish order" OR take them out and place them in areas like Edison Park and Wicker Park and Armour Square where there seems to be a desire to have order.

Am I wrong? Help me out here, please!

But I tell you: My heart would go out to the good people, elderly, and children that would then forever live as victims in the areas if we took the police force out....

Therefore, maybe I lean towards the: "go in there gangbusters and establish order"
It would be nice if they could do that but this mayor would never ever allow that!! The only thing she allows is destruction of this once great city this is gone forever

Old 08-11-2020, 06:09 AM

Robert9, Like I mentioned, I read those books in the "Chicago" section at Barnes and Noble. And those neighborhoods were once safe, clean, and people kept it together even during financial hardships like THE GREAT DEPRESSION!

And other neighborhoods seemed to have stayed clean and safe since their inception.

I wish outsiders would see and hear more about the latter, because Chicago IS a beautiful place!

Certainly, we cannot deny nor hide what is going on right now with the destruction, because we all need to be aware, as part of our maintaining safety.

But this is truly, from what I see, a crisis. I mean, we send troops into other COUNTRIES to give aid to people under a dictatorship or "wars against humanity" threat. How much CLOSER do these acts in Chicago need to be before someone says, "YES, we need to do the SAME thing right here, as we would do in a country across the ocean?!?"

I can't help but support the good community residents if they choose to stand up against the destruction, by any means necessary... What's the alternative? To watch YOUR stores be burned down and potentially harmed or killed??? NO WAY, take back your streets, good people of Chicago!

Old 08-11-2020, 07:01 AM

334 posts, read 170,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonhE View Post
Now she is saying "Don't Bait us! Don't bait us!".... Is she somehow changing her tune regarding the protests (looting, etc)?

I say to her "Don't 'Bate us"
I believe Groot was saying that to a reporter asking a question/s she didn’t like.

Groot did play 1 of the 3 cards she has though: the female card. Referring to some kind of bullying b.s. about you know who in the White House.

Still waiting for, in this order, the homophobic card and the race card. She has a good hand to play in this era of identity politics (nothing to do with experience and skills, just what you are qualifications wise).

Groot has the rare but growing trifecta in the ID politics and emotional hemophiliac era we’re in now.

Old 08-11-2020, 07:03 AM

5,069 posts, read 2,176,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Robert9, Like I mentioned, I read those books in the "Chicago" section at Barnes and Noble. And those neighborhoods were once safe, clean, and people kept it together even during financial hardships like THE GREAT DEPRESSION!

And other neighborhoods seemed to have stayed clean and safe since their inception.

I wish outsiders would see and hear more about the latter, because Chicago IS a beautiful place!

Certainly, we cannot deny nor hide what is going on right now with the destruction, because we all need to be aware, as part of our maintaining safety.

But this is truly, from what I see, a crisis. I mean, we send troops into other COUNTRIES to give aid to people under a dictatorship or "wars against humanity" threat. How much CLOSER do these acts in Chicago need to be before someone says, "YES, we need to do the SAME thing right here, as we would do in a country across the ocean?!?"

I can't help but support the good community residents if they choose to stand up against the destruction, by any means necessary... What's the alternative? To watch YOUR stores be burned down and potentially harmed or killed??? NO WAY, take back your streets, good people of Chicago!
It would be nice. You should see the comments people from all over the world make about this city all over the internet. We are the most hated city on earth once again and people say a wall should be built around Chicago or simply blow it all up so it does not touch the rest of the country and on and on. Our image is SO bad in SO many ways right now! And again it serves this city right for the way it votes time after time!

Old 08-11-2020, 07:06 AM

9,974 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Castlebar View Post
I believe Groot was saying that to a reporter asking a question/s she didn’t like.

Groot did play 1 of the 3 cards she has though: the female card. Referring to some kind of bullying b.s. about you know who in the White House.

Still waiting for, in this order, the homophobic card and the race card. She has a good hand to play in this era of identity politics (nothing to do with experience and skills, just what you are qualifications wise).

Groot has the rare but growing trifecta in the ID politics and emotional hemophiliac era we’re in now.
Who the hell is "Groot"?

Old 08-11-2020, 07:07 AM

Robert9, I will defend Chicago til my OWN last day!

Whether it means straightening people out when they speak ill of Chicago (which I have done many times!) to offering to help to stand up against looters (which I also did! I called out to my people by 24th and Oakley, Lincoln Square and Edison Park, and said I would personally drive down and defend their places of business).

The point being: if you want to fight for justice, ANY kind of justice, you can NOT be silent, and you MUST take action.

I walk the walk, not just talk the talk!

Old 08-11-2020, 07:12 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
It would be nice. You should see the comments people make about this city all over the internet. We are the most hated city on earth once again and people say a wall should be built around Chicago or simply blow it all up so it does not touch the rest of the country and on and on. Our image is SO bad in SO many ways right now! And again it serves this city right for the way it votes time after time!
And the negative image is 99.999999% related to VIOLENT CRIME, which I have mentioned in this forum repeatedly. It has nothing to do with financial troubles, corrupt politics (at least not directly, although indirectly this has negatively impacted violent crime), lack of innovative buildings, or whatever else people want to hide behind.......

People liked to block out the real issue which has been festering for years and has now BLOWN UP......it is VIOLENT CRIMES, which has led to Chicago's downfall.

The other little things are not good, but Chicago did not get its global Chiraq reputation because of the pension problems, lack of innovation, or even the political corruption (at least not directly).....

People wanted to brush the real problem under the rug for years, but the country and world have not been ignoring it.....it is VIOLENT CRIME that has tarnished this cities image to its lowest point that I can ever remember. Now prior to this year, it was mostly confined to bad neighborhoods, but this is what happens when you don't curb it. Now that it has spread downtown, people are all of the sudden mad. Who did not see this coming when it continued building up????

The Chiraq reputation started to begin in 2010 and slowly solidified in around 2014 to the point where it became what Chicago is known for. This year and right now in particular, the city's image and reputation has hit rock bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago