Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 06:36 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,454,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
dtcbnd03, good morning.

To be fair, I have not seen the footage. But I will believe you if you say you only saw people of Black background involved in the episode yesterday.

And at the same time, I believe personone says it is also true that the Black people involved speak for nor represent the blanketed Black culture.

I, too, believe there would be Black residents that are completely against this behavior for the exact reason that they certainly do NOT want to be associated with or grouped in the same category as those that are looting.
One bright side not receiving a lot of play in the media is the fact that most of the CPS school councils in African-American and Hispanic areas are voting to keep their school officers. Definitely shows you something.

Meanwhile, this could practically be part of Trump's re-election campaign. I think this thing is reaching a breaking point in terms of helping the Democrats.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:49 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
One bright side not receiving a lot of play in the media is the fact that most of the CPS school councils in African-American and Hispanic areas are voting to keep their school officers. Definitely shows you something.

Meanwhile, this could practically be part of Trump's re-election campaign. I think this thing is reaching a breaking point in terms of helping the Democrats.
There is definitely media silence about the police in schools being voted to stay. The funny thing is the safest school in the city Northside College Prep voted to get rid of the officers.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:50 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
personone, as a person who identifies as Latino, I would not want someone to assume I am running with a Latino gang simply based on a look. In fact, I do not want ANY Latino to be in a gang, since it really just brings problems.

And yes personone, those contributors here such as dtcbnd03, Robert 9, YOU, ME, etc. are very frustrated by what is going on. Because NO ONE is benefitting from these actions.

I pray the people of Chicago can come together in peace. It would take some mega praying, but God WE NEED IT!!!

Old 08-10-2020, 06:51 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
I also believe this not black culture but urban dregs of humanity culture. The Romans had to deal with urban riots as well. Justinian had the Nika Riots that burned down a good chunk of Constantinople in 532 and nearly caused him to abdicate and flee. His wife convinced him to stay and instead he cornered most of the rioters in the stadium, had his generals and troops march in, and they slaughtered all 30k of the rioters.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:52 AM

4,630 posts, read 3,244,563 times
BRU67, thank you for sharing a positive statement regarding CPS, in this understandable concern of something negative.

Have a great day!

Old 08-10-2020, 07:03 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
NotI live in PA small city. My state has bars restricted to 25% occupancy of normal. No one sitting at a bar in bars. Tables only and must by food. The Gov expects it to be a meal. But hotdogs, Pizza in ones with no normal food and even those that do serve fried/grilled food offering $1 hotdogs and fries. One even Peanut and butter sandwich and cold cheese one just to have food in front of you.

More are temporarily closing again as profits plummet. By me are still volunteer firehouses with bars and serve food with one a full restaurant for lunches only too. My one is closing as too many regulars are not going out now and wont open till this pandemic or restrictions lifted. Most set up some tables around the bar of the bar are limited by occupancy anyway. Most don't allow pool the couple that do is surprising.

Point is every major city is hurting. Small cities to Big. Chicagoans seem to think they are worst and politically it is extreme oh both sides as C-D in this forum tells me which side is extreme most Reasons for everything of course. But I am in CONSERVATIVE Central PA which some labeled Pennsytucky to Philly and Pittsburgh with Alabama inbetween.

I have hear the extreme rhetoric in clubs especially. Like the no matter how extreme. Some it is soooo difficult. Many Big city poor folk moving in for low cost housing and rents, good schools. They do no come for jobs. Enough said.

You feel too unsafe in Chicagoland or ultra-conservative expecting the worst yet? Do not stay. Professionals have far more opportunity to pick up and move to greener pastures.

Not anything even close to normal is Nationwide for many. Some think it is only Big cities and theirs is worst. Try a major city in a red state that is also more conservative.
Are they rioting in your city?

Old 08-10-2020, 07:09 AM

9,973 posts, read 5,669,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post

I don't see how this ever did "help" the Democrats to begin with, especially when they started giving moral and political cover to the various Clockwork Orange gangs who've been romping around in the country. In fact IMO their unwillingness to speak out against the rioters and their ideological backers will ultimately be Biden's undoing. Trump has been closing the gap in the RCP average for a couple weeks now -- I suspect a growing constituency of voters who never considered voting for Trump are looking at how completely off the rails bordering on traitorous the opposition has become and just can't imagine handing them the reins of power.

I'll repeat what I've said elsewhere in these forums: If my choices are a mentally enfeebled puppet for the forces either tacitly or explicitly dismantling civil society before our very eyes, or an amoral, bombastic carnival clown who nonetheless has the basic moral clarity to stand up against the former, I'm voting for the clown without a moment's reconsideration. I thought 2016 was a tragic choice for the country; it turns out 2020 is an even more tragic choice -- and yet in today's atmosphere IMO the "right" choice couldn't be more obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
There is definitely media silence about the police in schools being voted to stay. The funny thing is the safest school in the city Northside College Prep voted to get rid of the officers.
Yeah, it's amazing how courageous our little budding activists are when they won't have to put their courage to the test.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:24 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I also believe this not black culture but urban dregs of humanity culture. The Romans had to deal with urban riots as well. Justinian had the Nika Riots that burned down a good chunk of Constantinople in 532 and nearly caused him to abdicate and flee. His wife convinced him to stay and instead he cornered most of the rioters in the stadium, had his generals and troops march in, and they slaughtered all 30k of the rioters.
Egg-xactly. Paris has riots all the time, and not just in their suburban ghettos. Sttutgart Germany had an incident not too long ago over a police action. Riots (albeit small scale) have happened in Japan as well.

Anti-police rhetoric has morphed into anti-authority rhetoric. Out in the hinderlands of "Real America", we hear stories of store clerks being shot in the face for telling people to wear a mask. American society's lack of trust and respect has lead us to this and it's not exclusive to inner city Black and Latino neighborhoods.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:27 AM

63 posts, read 34,977 times
I’m curious if this is going to push residential demand out of the near north side and further North along the lakefront.

I live in Uptown and it’s a little weird that I’m feeling glad I live up here instead of the Gold Coast.

Old 08-10-2020, 07:40 AM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post

No matter what, though, the next 5 years will be hard. And if Trump somehow manages to win in November, you can kiss America being a superpower goodbye. Countries that, right now, are waiting to see if the U.S. comes to its senses this election will give up on us and the Euro may finally become the world's reserve currency. If that happens, the era of American exceptionalism will truly be gone, never to return in our lifetimes, because the financial impact will be devastating.
Could not disagree with this more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago