Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2020, 02:01 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
Oh I am torn on this one!

On one hand I like the thought of Kenosha being considered a part of "Chicagoland" because I love Chicago and Kenosha is less than a 30 minute drive south from me.

On the other hand, it is still too far from Chicago for me to conceptualize it being an "extension" of the Chicago area.
Honestly at some point Milwaukee and Chicago should just be considered one big combined urban area. Obviously two metros but one CSA. The gap of rural area in between both has been quickly closing fast. CSA also seems to be much more liberally used nowadays for a variety of cities. Maybe if/when there's high speed rail installed between the two cities.

Last edited by CCrest182; 08-24-2020 at 02:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2020, 02:40 PM

148 posts, read 122,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Don't feel bad, a lot of northwestern Indiana also considers itself Chicagoland.
Ummmm the city of Chicago touches Hammond Indiana.
NWI is very much a part of Chicagoland.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:48 PM

4,634 posts, read 3,252,251 times
CCrest182. Amen to that! We ARE family! ... plus, I spend as much of my freetime as possible in Chicagoland, so it is like a 2nd home.

Old 08-24-2020, 02:55 PM

885 posts, read 624,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward59 View Post
Ummmm the city of Chicago touches Hammond Indiana.
NWI is very much a part of Chicagoland.

You're correct. State Line Road separates the city of Chicago from Hammond. By simply crossing the street, you leave Chicago, Cook Co., and IL and enter Hammond, Lake Co., and IN.

Old 08-24-2020, 04:45 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearwest View Post
You're correct. State Line Road separates the city of Chicago from Hammond. By simply crossing the street, you leave Chicago, Cook Co., and IL and enter Hammond, Lake Co., and IN.
This is about as cool as what they call "the Four Corners" where you can stand in 4 states at once - Utah, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado.

So we have 2 corners. haha sorry, bad joke.

Old 08-24-2020, 08:38 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,178,929 times
National Guard deployed in Kenosha. So they call them after one night. But lori lighthead will not call them after all the many riots Chicago has had

Old 08-24-2020, 09:17 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
I remember a time when the Wisconsin folks frowned seeing a Illinois license plate coming across the border. Hard to believe that's changed altogether. Frankly I wouldn't want that to change. The Illinois folks should be stuck there.......they chose it. Yet largely in the summer months they literally invade Wisconsin. I used to visit a lot of businesses in Wisconsin and indeed they preferred to do without the Illinois folks. Oh well. Sorry to see if that has changed. But glad you have to put up with it and not me

Old 08-24-2020, 09:26 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
I remember a time when the Wisconsin folks frowned seeing a Illinois license plate coming across the border. Hard to believe that's changed altogether. Frankly I wouldn't want that to change. The Illinois folks should be stuck there.......they chose it. Yet largely in the summer months they literally invade Wisconsin. I used to visit a lot of businesses in Wisconsin and indeed they preferred to do without the Illinois folks. Oh well. Sorry to see if that has changed. But glad you have to put up with it and not me
If it weren't for Illinois tourism most of Wisconsin would be dead broke like the UP.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
Please do not lump us all in one basket. I'm not anything like the rioters.

Old 08-24-2020, 11:30 PM

85 posts, read 94,900 times
yeah. It kind of sucks. I was going to give OP info and then this happens. It's really sad and scary that the MSM does no actual reporting. What happened to factual news reporting?

Wisconsin has open court records. If you search for the person shot by the Kenosha Police, you will see there was a warrant out for his arrest for 3rd degree sexual assault. You will also find articles where the same guy pulled out a handgun on customers in a Racine bar. The magazine fell out as he pointed it at some patrons. The bartender called police after telling him to leave. Meanwhile he was outside the bar pointing the firearm through the glass at the patrons. In addition to this, he was known to keep his firearm behind the drivers seat.

How none of this is reported in any of the MSM is beyond me. It is factual data and contrasts with the BLM (burn and loot victim culture) narrative. Why can they not report an unbiased news?

Anyway, Kenosha burns...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago