Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 19,759 times

Advertisements

Hey y'all! This is my first post on this forum. I was just wondering if anyone had some knowledge of any good bar and grills around the Wrigley Field area? A couple of my friends and I were going up there in a few weeks to watch the Cubbies play the Padres! I'm just looking for any place where I can get a decent meal for around $20-$30. Also, my friend tells me that Sweet Baby Ray's is the absolute bomb. If you have eaten here before, tell me your opinions. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 11:58 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,430,130 times
It depends what you consider a decent meal and what kind of food you seek. There are probably a hundred places within a mile of Wrigley to eat and drink at.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:51 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,714,097 times
Well, considering the nearest Sweet Baby Ray's is about 20 miles from Wrigley Field, I think we can scratch that one off your list.

Avenger is right. Wrigley Field sits right in the middle of the city's most notorious dining and entertainment district. In fact that district is named after the ballpark (Wrigleyville). There's a ton of places to eat and drink in the immediate area, anything from fast food and fratboy/meathead sports bars to upscale Italian restaurants and snooty wine bars/martini bars and everything in between: Italian, Spanish tapas, sushi, Mexican, Thai, German, Chinese... tons of options. Your best bet might just as well be to find your way to the ballpark a couple hours early and then just wander the neighborhood until you find a place that looks interesting.

IMO the best place to eat and/or drink around Wrigley Field is Goose Island, which is about 4 doors down Clark Street from the ballpark. They are a brewpub (make their own beer), their pub food is above average, it's a very nice space, it's reasonably priced (for Chicago anyway), and it's usually not too crowded before or during games, though it certainly gets that way afterward.

Old 05-04-2008, 02:16 PM

683 posts, read 4,606,647 times
I second Goose Island.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:13 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,317,350 times
You really are talking about an area that, if you include the area directly around Wrigley and the areas of Lakeview that are right up against Wrigleyville, has more food options than many towns and small cities.

Still, I think Goose Island is a good recommendation. Good food. Good beer. Very Chicago, but not cheesy and contrived like some bars around Wrigley.

You're also right by Wrigley. (like, 4 doors down from the field close...) That's nice.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 19,759 times
Hey, thanks for the suggestion! I'll try out the Goose Island. Definitely sounds like a place that would suit my interest!

It's not near Wrigley Field, but has anyone ever eaten at this Persian restaurant called Noon O Kabob (spelling may be wrong)? It was an interesting place. I thought they made some delicious lamb there. I was wondering if anyone else had opinions of this place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago