Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2020, 09:46 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,039,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
You've always struck me as an intelligent poster, intelligent enough not to post an anonymous blog post that is without factual basis.

The entire 'police hunting unarmed innocent black people' is such an insult to our intelligence and the truth, I can't believe that it is treated as a matter of fact. But, it's what white "liberals" want to believe to make themselves feel better, so it must be the Gospel truth.

There are less than 1,000 fatal officer-involved encounters in this country of over 320 million people annually, and most of the involved-suspects are white. The vast majority of these suspects are armed, and almost all of them are deemed to have posed an imminent threat to public safety. Yet, you would think that there were hundreds of black men being killed daily based on the outsized coverage and angst generated. While 'bad policing' undoubtedly occurs, the bulk of the blame rests with the individuals that involve themselves in violent police encounters. I think in the grand scheme of things, this is really a non-issue. When we look at this alongside the inner-city violence problems that require police intervention in the first place, I can't understand why this is even a topic of discussion, quite frankly.
Thank you for saving me a bunch of typing. I call B.S. on the supposed "Cop". More like a Leftist with a journalism degree who couldn't get a job at Mother Jones. Unsubstantiated propaganda, maybe he's Goebbells' great-grandson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2020, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
You know what saddens me more than seeing a sign like that in the window of a business? The fact the place is still in business, and that enough of our fellow citizens either share or at best are indifferent to the sentiment to keep this business a going concern.
I have to wonder, if some citizen accidentally dropped a brick through the window with the sign, exactly who the store-owner would call in response? And if not the first time (maybe out of principal), the fifteenth? The owner's saving grace, I guess, is that a bookstore is probably the last business on earth that will be looted during a BLM mostly-peaceful protest. Other than maybe a work-uniform store, of course.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:50 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,395,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
I have to wonder, if some citizen accidentally dropped a brick through the window with the sign, exactly who the store-owner would call in response? And if not the first time (maybe out of principal), the fifteenth? The owner's saving grace, I guess, is that a bookstore is probably the last business on earth that will be looted during a BLM mostly-peaceful protest. Other than maybe a work-uniform store, of course.
Actuality..I have heard how even stores that cave and put up a black lives matter sign still get looted. If the store sell stuff that people wants the looters don't care. They even burn down their own neighborhood lol.

Old 11-22-2020, 11:57 AM

1,200 posts, read 1,153,713 times
Bad policing doesn't only mean shooting black people. It also means arresting black people for things like not using their turn signal, and then leaving them in a holding cell without legal representation or even a phone call to let their family know where they are, for three days.

It means treating a white person as a victim when they make a purchase with counterfeit money, assuming they accidentally picked it up somewhere in a previous transaction, while arresting a black person for the same act, and then kneeling on their neck until they suffocate.

It means refusing to take a police report of a stolen cell phone simply because the victim is black and therefore either A)couldn't possibly have enough money to legally own a smartphone, or B)is making it up because that's what black people do amiright?

It means putting black children--not even teenagers--in handcuffs for selling bottled water on a hot day without a permit...and then buying lemonade from a white child who also doesn't have a permit.

It means putting a black person in handcuffs for jaywalking.

MOST of the mistreatment of minorities in this country don't involve shootings. As they essay says, there are millions of ways police can ruin lives without pulling the trigger, and they do it every day.

And if you think that you don't shop at businesses whose owners' views differ from yours--every single day, you are delusional.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:07 PM

493 posts, read 190,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianRavenwood View Post
Bad policing doesn't only mean shooting black people. It also means arresting black people for things like not using their turn signal, and then leaving them in a holding cell without legal representation or even a phone call to let their family know where they are, for three days.

It means treating a white person as a victim when they make a purchase with counterfeit money, assuming they accidentally picked it up somewhere in a previous transaction, while arresting a black person for the same act, and then kneeling on their neck until they suffocate.

It means refusing to take a police report of a stolen cell phone simply because the victim is black and therefore either A)couldn't possibly have enough money to legally own a smartphone, or B)is making it up because that's what black people do amiright?

It means putting black children--not even teenagers--in handcuffs for selling bottled water on a hot day without a permit...and then buying lemonade from a white child who also doesn't have a permit.

MOST of the mistreatment of minorities in this country don't involve shootings. As they essay says, there are millions of ways police can ruin lives without pulling the trigger, and they do it every day.

And if you think that you don't shop at businesses whose owners' views differ from yours--every single day, you are delusional.
Do you have any evidence to back up your stories?

Old 11-22-2020, 12:34 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,561,242 times
There is a new sign, something like All Cops Are *******s followed by a promise to keep putting up new signs if/when they are stolen. Very disappointing.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I assume you are aware that George Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill two men, and that was the primary cause of death, correct? The fact that he had heart disease, plus the stress from the arrest likely helped trigger the heart attack that killed him, but the cops are going to be exonerated of "murder" charges.
The murder charges were as much of a lie as "Hands up, don't shoot" in Ferguson, which was proven false by Obama's own investigation. But it does make a trendy chant.

Quote:
Not if I can help it. I've got to admit, it helps when they put a sign like that in their window, so I can avoid shopping there. As a rule, I don't go into the city if I can help it, but I sure will giggle when that same owner calls 9-1-1 after somebody robs him - one can only hope.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:49 PM

305 posts, read 210,838 times
Quote:

Your username reminds me of this woman who regularly pitches a large tent at Winnemac & Winchester. She posts all these HUGE insulting signs like “All White Folks in Ravenswood are Racist.”

I give her a pass because she’s been brainwashed since birth to think her life is barely better than Anne Frank’s. The cherry-picking media will continue to perpetrate this myth of oppression, and people of her ilk will understandably get more and more resentful.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
I assume you are aware that George Floyd had enough drugs in his system to kill two men, and that was the primary cause of death, correct? The fact that he had heart disease, plus the stress from the arrest likely helped trigger the heart attack that killed him, but the cops are going to be exonerated of "murder" charges.
The murder charges were as much of a lie as "Hands up, don't shoot" in Ferguson, which was proven false by Obama's own investigation. But it does make a trendy chant.

Not if I can help it. I've got to admit, it helps when they put a sign like that in their window, so I can avoid shopping there. As a rule, I don't go into the city if I can help it, but I sure will giggle when that same owner calls 9-1-1 after somebody robs him - one can only hope.
Floyd died of asphyxia. Drugs didn't do that. A full grown man compressing his airway did that. And all because of an accusation of a counterfeit bill.

Old 11-22-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boddicker View Post
Your username reminds me of this woman who regularly pitches a large tent at Winnemac & Winchester. She posts all these HUGE insulting signs like “All White Folks in Ravenswood are Racist.”

I give her a pass because she’s been brainwashed since birth to think her life is barely better than Anne Frank’s. The cherry-picking media will continue to perpetrate this myth of oppression, and people of her ilk will understandably get more and more resentful.
Speak for yourself. You're the one who started a thread to complain about a sign and how much you resent your prior support of that business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago