Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 08:31 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,252,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Lori Lootfoot did the same thing: she got a haircut from a barber. While us lowly peasants had to do a self-buzzcut, have a family member do it, drive to Indiana, or do without.
Indiana, the land of fireworks, guns, and now haircuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2020, 10:58 AM

3,447 posts, read 3,374,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
Indiana, the land of fireworks, guns, and now haircuts.
Indiana: the land where you can still do temporarily banned things in Illinois (i.e. see a movie, go to a gym, etc), or get things for cheaper (i.e. alcohol, cigarettes, etc). And Yuengling beer, which isn't yet sold in Illinois but has been for a few years in Indiana.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:41 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,875,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
Indiana: the land where you can still do temporarily banned things in Illinois (i.e. see a movie, go to a gym, etc), or get things for cheaper (i.e. alcohol, cigarettes, etc). And Yuengling beer, which isn't yet sold in Illinois but has been for a few years in Indiana.
Wisconsin used to be like that too: a land of total freedom next to a maximum security prison. In May thru June Lake Geneva was filled to the brim with Illinois escapees. Today, Wisconsin became Illinois-Lite. Indiana is still mostly free, though.

Old 12-15-2020, 05:46 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
Wisconsin used to be like that too: a land of total freedom next to a maximum security prison. In May thru June Lake Geneva was filled to the brim with Illinois escapees. Today, Wisconsin became Illinois-Lite. Indiana is still mostly free, though.
Sadly people from Illinois are starting to pollute Wiscsonsin the same way people from Califorina are starting to pollute Texas and Idaho. Indiana is still doing good, but sadly it is only a matter of time before it gets polluted as well

Old 12-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Sadly people from Illinois are starting to pollute Wiscsonsin the same way people from Califorina are starting to pollute Texas and Idaho. Indiana is still doing good, but sadly it is only a matter of time before it gets polluted as well
If it weren't for elderly family members I help care for---especially now, where I bring them groceries so they don't shop---I'd be "polluting" Florida, Tennessee, or South Dakota. (The latter, not likely, because of their bitter-cold winters.) And down the road, I definitely plan to hightail it out of Hellinois. And I'll vote red after in the new home, I promise.

Old 12-15-2020, 04:44 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Quote:
If it weren't for elderly family members I help care for---especially now, where I bring them groceries so they don't shop---I'd be "polluting" Florida, Tennessee, or South Dakota. (The latter, not likely, because of their bitter-cold winters.) And down the road, I definitely plan to hightail it out of Hellinois. And I'll vote red after in the new home, I promise.
Thank goodness someone from this state will do the right thing!

Old 12-16-2020, 07:50 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
I'm not from Chicago originally, but after living here for a few years I now see why people are leaving the city in droves.

My first few years here were fun. I was exploring the city, going to restaurants, museums, and other events. But now that it's time to consider buying a home, I realized that I will NEVER buy a home here because of the taxes and politics.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
My first few years here were fun. I was exploring the city, going to restaurants, museums, and other events. But now that it's time to consider buying a home, I realized that I will NEVER buy a home here because of the taxes and politics.
I feel the same way, although I can't leave because of family. If you absolutely must buy a home in the Chicago area, buy one in DuPage Country, at least. It's run by conservatives, who are tough on crime, and don't enforce the Rona lockdowns for the most part, although the population is moderate. Cook County, on the other hand, is run by Kim Foxx, who worships criminals.

Old 12-16-2020, 08:10 PM

4,511 posts, read 5,052,966 times
IL. is the only State run by two little lawn gnomes (governor and mayor), both of which are liars and cheats. There has never been a honest politician in this State on either side of the aisle, and never will be !

Old 12-17-2020, 07:36 AM

720 posts, read 1,084,530 times
Quote:
I feel the same way, although I can't leave because of family. If you absolutely must buy a home in the Chicago area, buy one in DuPage Country, at least. It's run by conservatives, who are tough on crime, and don't enforce the Rona lockdowns for the most part, although the population is moderate. Cook County, on the other hand, is run by Kim Foxx, who worships criminals.
DuPage isn't the Republican bastion it once was, many of the collar counties have fallen. I think the only one that hasn't, but is on its way to, is McHenry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: