U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2021, 05:02 PM

197 posts, read 41,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I just saw on another webpage that Lightfoot is saying the same thing the NY mayor is saying about open up now. I just saw it. can this be true???? ack i cant put the link in right.. its a Twitter tweet. - here it is best i can copy it.

Mayor Lori Lightfoot says Chicago restaurants and bars need to be allowed to reopen "as quickly as possible" to cut down on instances of private parties where people don't take proper precautions against COVID-19. https://cbsloc.al/3nILcEV
Yes she is but she has to get approval from her skinny billionaire ceo boss. She would step to him and stomp him but she can’t step to him because he’s not black.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2021, 08:25 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 5 days ago)

8,147 posts, read 7,041,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
Yes she is but she has to get approval from her skinny billionaire ceo boss. She would step to him and stomp him but she can’t step to him because he’s not black.
I just wanna open!!!! even the thought of this happening soon, i feel a sense of liberation in my gut, as if i am on death row and im hearing a pardon about to happen. i do feel like im in house arrest. like all of us.

who is her boss? Pritzger? but he's fat.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I just wanna open!!!! even the thought of this happening soon, i feel a sense of liberation in my gut, as if i am on death row and im hearing a pardon about to happen. i do feel like im in house arrest. like all of us.

Oh my dear, yes Prickzher and yes he’s a hair chubby. Just a hair!

I agree with you. They need to open the restaurants at least 50% indoor. It’s killing the restaurants. It’s killing the customers. Even if the numbers go up a little. People do not have to go out to eat if they’re afraid.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Pure curiosity, where would you go first?

Old 01-14-2021, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
Pure curiosity, where would you go first?
I would head out to the northwest suburbs of Chicago, or perhaps Lake County, I'm most familiar with northern Cook county, out by Morton Grove/Skokie, (Touhy Ave), Golf Road & Harlem, or maybe Buffalo Grove, Long grove, out that way. Not as far as Grayslake. Maybe 30 miles northwest of Chicago, or if i wanted to go west, I'd hit Wheaton and St Charles, or even in some of the malls they have in Lombard, along Ogden and 22nd street area. These places have such a variety of places to go and see!

Best part is - easy parking and no parking meters. here in the city, especially near the lake but even 10 miles west of downtown, parking is a challenge and traffic is sometimes crowded, which is why i like driving in the burbs so much better.

Old 01-19-2021, 06:05 AM

5,736 posts, read 2,717,542 times
Quote:

I honestly feel like we are about to turn the corner soon, even though things in certain parts of the country look very bleak (e.g. LA). I have a good feeling that be late spring and summer, things will start to open, which will be perfect timing after a long winter. President Biden is taking COVID seriously and making vaccination a priority. As more of the country gets vaccinated, more places will begin to open up. Plus, there is so much pent up demand, such as what you describe, that people will be ready to spend.

I know I have received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine (will receive the second dose soon), and I am already sensing a huge relief and ready to get get back to the normal way of life once things allow.

Old 01-19-2021, 10:18 AM

881 posts, read 487,008 times
Pritzker and Lightfoot need to announce now that all bars and restaurants will open by St Patrick's day and calm people's fears by delivering clear and concise messaging. Even if you open everything up tomorrow too many people are scared to go out because of the overblown fear mongering. That's why we need to ramp up messaging now so the pent up demand can fully unleash March 17th which is a celebration weekend in Chicago as we head into spring.

Would also love to see fines for people not getting the vaccine as opposed to people trying to keep businesses like bars/restaurants open to survive.

Old 01-19-2021, 11:30 AM

5,736 posts, read 2,717,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Pritzker and Lightfoot need to announce now that all bars and restaurants will open by St Patrick's day and calm people's fears by delivering clear and concise messaging. Even if you open everything up tomorrow too many people are scared to go out because of the overblown fear mongering. That's why we need to ramp up messaging now so the pent up demand can fully unleash March 17th which is a celebration weekend in Chicago as we head into spring.

Would also love to see fines for people not getting the vaccine as opposed to people trying to keep businesses like bars/restaurants open to survive.
IMO- this is heavily related to the vaccine. There have been mile-long lines 24/7 in Florida and everywhere else in the country (including Chicago), there is so much demand for the vaccine that there is no supply. I think people are getting the vaccine so they can “return to normal.”

So I think the fear will go away for most people once they get vaccinated. Even though I still have 1 more dose of Moderna to go, I know subconsciously I am a lot less paranoid about being out than I was prior to being vaccinated, and will be even more-so once I get that second dose. I still am as cautious as I have always been (mask, social distancing, thorough infection control), but a lot of the fear has gone away since being vaccinated. For many people I think that is the case, and post-vaccination they will be more willing to get out.

Old 01-19-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post

Yes one lady interviewed on the street, on the news today says with the new covvid strain, she is going to wait, she's not rushing to go to restaurants right away, she thinks the new variant will cause problems.

Old 01-19-2021, 07:38 PM

5,847 posts, read 4,528,063 times
Quote:
Yes one lady interviewed on the street, on the news today says with the new covvid strain, she is going to wait, she's not rushing to go to restaurants right away, she thinks the new variant will cause problems.
Yes, unfortunately the L452R variant "may" be resistant to the vaccine. Jury is still out, but the current vaccine will probably protect you. Some of us do not need the vaccine. Having a bad case of covid is as good or better than the vaccine. Immunity from the vaccine is only focused on the protein spike, whereas immunity from having covid is focused on the entire virus. Since our entre family got covid in November, we have no intention of getting vaccinated.

Many restaurants out here in the bubs are open for indoor dining in defiance of JB's overreach. We go out all the time, just got back from dinner/drinks tonight. While we still practice social distancing and wear a mask in public, it is a great feeling to know you're immune from this beast!

Agree that JB/Lightfoot should act quickly, they have already destroyed countless businesses and livelihoods.

Last edited by flamadiddle; 01-19-2021 at 07:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago