U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2021, 07:50 PM

2,509 posts, read 965,877 times

Advertisements

flamadiddle, 2 words for you:

THANK. YOU.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2021, 07:32 PM

46 posts, read 27,824 times
I don't want to name specific places, but there are quite a few places that are discretely open on the the NW of Chicago west of Central Ave.

Most of the them are pretty common sense: reduced capacity, spaced out tables, wear mask if leave table.

Old 01-20-2021, 09:17 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 10 days ago)

8,157 posts, read 7,060,962 times
I just randomly called a few places that i found on Google that had "in dining" checked. One place is open, another is not.. so i dont know why they say that.. but i guess if you drive around or make calls, you may find a place open for indoor dining. it might be in suburbs though.

Old 01-21-2021, 07:23 AM

ChicagoMeO, good morning!

After ALL these years of driving by, I finally ate at Kaiser's Pizza in Gurnee. I foolishly thought: KAISER'S pizza???? And then I'll go to "Luigi's Hamburger Joint", right?!?

Well, SHAME on me!!! Their pizza was excellent! Crunchy. Tasty. Anyone ever been there?

The patrons were all very friendly. I introduced myself and my date as Milwaukeeans. They were very kind to us. We, in fact, discussed the whole open/non open restaurant debate.

This week I read how The Shanty, Kaiser's Pizza, Timothy O'Toole's, and Sam's Steakhouse (never been before) were defying the no dining order. I believe they all recently re-opened for inside seating.

So if you want to make a trip to the top of Lake County, there you go.... And if you want the middle of Lake County, go with Libertyville. They have a Timothy O'Toole's there, too, by the way.

Go get your eat one! Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay happy, my friends!

Old 01-21-2021, 07:35 AM

882 posts, read 489,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYEddy View Post
I don't want to name specific places, but there are quite a few places that are discretely open on the the NW of Chicago west of Central Ave.

Most of the them are pretty common sense: reduced capacity, spaced out tables, wear mask if leave table.
Yes true in the suburbs as well as others have pointed out. This has been pretty common sense since April 2020 but Pritzker and Lightfoot have decided to target this industry out of nothing but fear. Meanwhile these same type of people break the rules in their own way. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people (whether public figures or personally) who preached the rules publicly but then broke them privately.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:34 AM

i cant wait to go out to eat at a restaurant and also to support those good businesses to get out of their financial crisis.

Now i talked with 3 people and they said even though a restaurant will open they are still afraid to go out to eat in a restaurant due to being around too many people i guess (vs being pretty much away from people all this time during the shut down).. but i feel ok with going to a restaurant. one person said to watch out that they social distance & wear masks, etc (guess that means every 2nd booth is empty).

I'm caught in the middle. i feel ok with going out, but how do we know a restaurant is safe.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
Yes true in the suburbs as well as others have pointed out. This has been pretty common sense since April 2020 but Pritzker and Lightfoot have decided to target this industry out of nothing but fear. Meanwhile these same type of people break the rules in their own way. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people (whether public figures or personally) who preached the rules publicly but then broke them privately.
that person is right, I already know at least 2 places that will be open this weekend! One place said "Friday". I'm not going to reveal who because there are karens that like to snitch on people. Already one place has 3 Yelp reviews that remark about that. sheesh.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:53 AM

I respect anyone that chooses to go to a restaurant to dine in.

And I respect anyone that chooses NOT to go to a restaurant to dine in.

Everyone is allowed to have their own feelings and opinions.

What makes the world go 'round is when we can have a MUTUAL respect for one another, despite differences.

So for MASTER JAY, I am definitely contributing to the economy of Lake and Cook County, Illinois!

Old 01-21-2021, 11:03 AM

5,852 posts, read 4,538,398 times
Should note that most that are open do social distancing, have plexiglass dividers between booths, take your temp before you are seated and require you to wear a mask when not in your seat. And some have gone as far as to install special ventilation systems.

Old 01-21-2021, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
I respect anyone that chooses to go to a restaurant to dine in.

And I respect anyone that chooses NOT to go to a restaurant to dine in.

Everyone is allowed to have their own feelings and opinions.

What makes the world go 'round is when we can have a MUTUAL respect for one another, despite differences.

So for MASTER JAY, I am definitely contributing to the economy of Lake and Cook County, Illinois!
thats kinda how i feel about it. i dont think im as fearful as some may be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago