U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-24-2021, 09:59 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 10 days ago)
 
8,157 posts, read 7,060,962 times
Reputation: 7384

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO. How are you? My understanding is numbers of Covid are lowering here in Wisconsin. Most places here in southeastern Wisconsin are open.

The last week I went to The Shanty in Wadsworth and Kaiser's Pizza in Gurnee. Let me know if you make it up to Lake County!
yes i see the positivity rate dropping in both Indiana and Wisconsin - the local news here gives those stats.

I was going to go out today, but it was too cold and snowy so i stayed home and got pizza! otherwise all is well.

anyway, do wisconsin require you to quarantine going in and out of Wisconsin? how does that work? i dont know all your regulations.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-25-2021, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2,509 posts, read 965,877 times
Reputation: 1970
ChicagoMeO,

A pizza is good, comfort food on a cold day! Glad to hear all is well.

We are not required to quarantine. The last I had heard is we were "supposed" to quarantine if going to the city of Chicago. As far as I know, that is now done with.

Like I said elsewhere, I was remarkably pleased with the pizza at Kaiser's Pizza in Gurnee. I like my pizza crunchy and tomatoe-y. If you go somewhere, best is to call ahead to make a reservation!

It sounds like our 2 States have some snow coming in, so stock up., And stay warm!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-25-2021, 11:16 AM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 10 days ago)
 
8,157 posts, read 7,060,962 times
Reputation: 7384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO,

A pizza is good, comfort food on a cold day! Glad to hear all is well.

We are not required to quarantine. The last I had heard is we were "supposed" to quarantine if going to the city of Chicago. As far as I know, that is now done with.

Like I said elsewhere, I was remarkably pleased with the pizza at Kaiser's Pizza in Gurnee. I like my pizza crunchy and tomatoe-y. If you go somewhere, best is to call ahead to make a reservation!

It sounds like our 2 States have some snow coming in, so stock up., And stay warm!!
ah so glad to hear the restrictions are coming down! thanks for the weather update. i guess theres gonna be a lot over the next few days.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2021, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Land of Ill Noise
1,065 posts, read 1,914,951 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
that person is right, I already know at least 2 places that will be open this weekend! One place said "Friday". I'm not going to reveal who because there are karens that like to snitch on people. Already one place has 3 Yelp reviews that remark about that. sheesh.
In early January, I was surprised I was able to eat inside at one place out in the near northwest suburbs. Mind you this wasn't out in Lake or McHenry, but in suburban Cook County! I won't mention the place since I don't want that place to get in trouble and someone to snitch on them where they might get a ticket for that, but I thought it was great they were defying that and letting people eat inside. I remember 2 times eating in one of those heated tents, and those for sure weren't as comfortable as eating inside is. Honestly I only felt comfortable sitting in that tent(at one of those 2 places) since they did set up heaters in that tent, and since my jacket was zipped up all the way the whole time I was sitting there!

In my neighborhood(Edgewater/Andersonville), it does look like a lot of places have brought indoor dining back. Some places still haven't tried reopening for indoor dining yet like Svea or Hopleaf Bar, but hopefully down the road they will try to reopen. I'm not sure if Burke's has reopened yet, but hopefully they do try to reopen at some eventual point.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-06-2021, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2,509 posts, read 965,877 times
Reputation: 1970
Good morning. I think the great restaurants in Heart of Chicago opened up 1 or 2 Sundays ago.

I am VERY tempted to take the drive tomorrow!!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2021, 12:00 PM
Status: "And just like that, Covid was gone." (set 10 days ago)
 
8,157 posts, read 7,060,962 times
Reputation: 7384
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySegaTendo617 View Post
In early January, I was surprised I was able to eat inside at one place out in the near northwest suburbs. Mind you this wasn't out in Lake or McHenry, but in suburban Cook County! I won't mention the place since I don't want that place to get in trouble and someone to snitch on them where they might get a ticket for that, but I thought it was great they were defying that and letting people eat inside. I remember 2 times eating in one of those heated tents, and those for sure weren't as comfortable as eating inside is. Honestly I only felt comfortable sitting in that tent(at one of those 2 places) since they did set up heaters in that tent, and since my jacket was zipped up all the way the whole time I was sitting there!

In my neighborhood(Edgewater/Andersonville), it does look like a lot of places have brought indoor dining back. Some places still haven't tried reopening for indoor dining yet like Svea or Hopleaf Bar, but hopefully down the road they will try to reopen. I'm not sure if Burke's has reopened yet, but hopefully they do try to reopen at some eventual point.
I was watching a TV show that comes on Saturday and Sunday - Chicago Food To Go - where they visit various restaurants. One restaurant featured this week was Fogo De Chao (sp?). they had this HUGE what looked like a round circus tent that really looked cute.. They have a huge parking lot where they could put it.. i think that's the best looking tent I've ever seen.

there is nothing like sitting in a banquet or booth, so i dont think sitting on those fold up chairs in a restaurant tent would be as comfortable, just for that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2021, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Chicago
191 posts, read 43,900 times
Reputation: 71
A couple of months ago I was going north on northwest highway and I passed through Edison park and it was packed. They were outside though but there were way to many people.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-07-2021, 03:18 PM
 
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
2,509 posts, read 965,877 times
Reputation: 1970
Chicagoisthebest, now you're talking MY part of town!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 09:23 PM
 
Location: Land of Ill Noise
1,065 posts, read 1,914,951 times
Reputation: 756
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoisthebest View Post
A couple of months ago I was going north on northwest highway and I passed through Edison park and it was packed. They were outside though but there were way to many people.
I think I remember reading one online article, that showed Edison Park Inn got cited for looking the other way on the October-January indoor dining/drinking ban. Firewater Saloon was another one, and I forget the 3rd such place that was cited. Honestly though, not surprised there were a handful of restaurants and bars out that way, quietly looking the other way on the(back then, till January) indoor dining/drinking ban!

I finally did have the chance to go by Burke's a few days back, and sadly they still haven't reopened. Hopefully they do reopen, down the road. It'd also be nice if Over Easy(near Winnemac Park) could reopen as well, even if (like how it was through December) they continued to forego indoor dining and only do takeout only. As I remember their sign said back in summer 2020, the owner thought the city and state only allowing something like 25-40% indoor dining capacity was too low for them to make a profit. Along with their tables being very close, to each other. So for the whole year of 2020 after March, they operated as a take out only restaurant. Since late December(and just before Christmas), Over Easy has been temporarily closed sadly to say. I hope they do reopen at some point, soon.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top